General, Non-Dating Advice Desperately Needed

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Miscellaneous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:36 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Greetings,

I'm hoping that I can get advice from you gentlemen on how you would proceed if you were in my situation. I will tell you my circumstances exactly and I desperately need your advice on which path I should follow.

#1 - I earn $13 per hour tossing boxes on to a conveyer belt currently. I'm not getting 40 hours a week.
#2 - I've done customer service jobs all my life. There is no money in that.
#3 - My job is as a temp. I could try to apply at the place I'm working to become an employee there. That would boost my salary and ensure that I have more consistent hours, though it may just be part time hours to start which wouldn't help that much.
#4 - I earned a computer repair certification recently. I have yet to find a job in that field. Most every job that I would qualify for in that field requires a car, which I cannot afford.
#5 - I really want to buy a guitar and take music lessons. I've always believed I have enough talent to make money as a musician, based off the songs that I create in my mind. I just need to learn how to write music so that I can write them down. I could start by taking free lessons online.
#6 - My rent is $1100 per month. It's killing me. I'm not even sure I'll earn enough money this month to pay my rent.
#7 - I could try a shared accomodation arrangement but will they allow me to have women over? Will they allow me to practice guitar?
#8 - I don't have a lot of friends.
#9 - I just feel stuck. If only I had a bigger gap between my rent and my earnings, I would have enough cash to achieve my goals, including taking music lessons.
#10 - I could try to go around and apply for light physical labour jobs like the one I'm doing currently. It is probably easier to make a decent salary doing that kind of work than it is by being a computer tech or through customer service.

What would you gents do if you were in my situation? Please, tell me exactly what you would do. I'm ready to follow whichever advice is most popular.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:42 pm 
English Muffin

If it was me:

I would live below my means, so get out of your apartment and share apartment with some people to make the rent cheaper, get rid of the car and get a bike or something, buy rice, shredded minced beef and eggs, pretty cheap and pretty good for you, make sure you have private room just incase you meet a nice girl.

Then, I think you should consider yourself lucky that you're stuck in a dead end job. This is powerful leverage because you can spontaneously live in Thailand if you wanted to.

Sign up to Odesk or Elance.com and start to think what freelance work you can do, you can literally do anything and someone will pay you for it. Fiverr.com is another one.

READ, READ, READ

Some recommendations:
- 4 Hour work week
- Get out whilst you still can
- Fast lane millionaire

Read some blogs too. Having a job is probably the worst the thing in life. trading 5 days of your week for 2 is unacceptable, so it's not too bad. really work on some passive income.

Some ideas to make passive money:
- Drop shipping
- Affiliate marketing
- Content blogging (this one will take a while)

Meet people on the same journey, pick up forums, money forums etc, surround yourself with positive people.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:38 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks.

I should start living below my means, I agree. It sucks though to lose my freedom. I'm also worried they wouldn't be happy about me having women over.

I have an investment strategy that I will eventually be able to live off. I don't really have any fantastic business ideas though. I have the audio download of the 4 hour work week already. Self-Employment is a reasonable goal in the short term.