Nightclubs vs. Lounges: which venue do YOU think is better?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Miscellaneous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:00 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: nrjose27@aim.com
I don't know if this has been posted before, but whatevs, yo.

Either with a group or going solo, you decide to sarge the night by going to either a nightclub or a lounge. Now, both venues have their pros and cons, but I would personally prefer lounges because:
1. Lighting is appropriate enough to detect HBs and ugs.
2. Music isn't loud enough to destroy conversation or rapport.
3. HBs in lounges are "classier" (meaning that they aren't likely to be drunk, bitchy, etc).

You guys get the idea. So which venue would you guys prefer?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:32 pm 
Dedicated Member

I've been to lounges where the lighting is arguably worse than a night club, where the music is still pretty loud, and the girls are far from classy!

So it is largely dependent on the actual club/lounge you go to.

All swings and roundabouts though really - a club is arguably easier to isolate a girl (standing alone at the bar, friends walk off to dance you can isolate, take her to the bar and get "lost" in the crowd between the bar and her friends etc.) but once you've isolated you can't really talk too well.

A lounge, like you say, will USUALLY have the advantage of being easier to talk with a girl once you've isolated. However, it will also usually be harder to isolate the girl, because if she's sat at a table with her friends and there's not a dance floor as such, she's going to be far less likely to leave her friends to go and talk to you alone where all of her friends can see her and there's nothing else going on in the club.

Now there are plenty of ways to get around the issues at both of them, but that's sort of the general thing I notice about the two. My usual POA for a night out would involve going to lounges first, probably not trying to isolate but working a girl actually at a table with her friends. Then moving on to a club where you can isolate more easily. But that's a very sketchy plan which, to be honest, usually never gets followed!