Mental Illness and Psychological Disorders

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Miscellaneous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Really interesting thread. When i was younger I was very unsocial, mostly because I was way to nervous to speak with new people. Over a year ago I got interested in PUA, and after that I found very many new friends. Nowadays I'm not nervous at all to speak with strangers which is really nice, now I've got quite a good confidence, though now I've got a gf and I'm not as social as I was half a year ago. One issue I have is that my interests are not so common and therefore I oftenly lack a little bit of interest to speak with people in general ^_^.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:36 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AWFUL thread.

Mental illness doesn't exist outside of Psychiatry, one of the greatest scams the world has ever known. There is ZERO, NONE, NADA evidence that a SINGLE one of the "diseases" you mentioned has ANY sort of biological basis--you know, the thing that every other field of medicine requires to call something a "disease."

ZERO biological evidence. Nothing that can be measured, tracked, scanned, through ANY sort of scientific method.

People "diagnose" you with something when they disapprove of your behavior. No more, no less. If your behavior does not serve them, there's "something wrong with you" that can only be "cured" through "dangerous, toxic, woefully undertested drugs whose side effects are either unknown or just as bad as whatever it's supposedly treating."

Fuck that shit. Believing in Mental Illness is just another Matrix, just like believing in Disney Lifelong Monogamy or that dating is somehow an efficient method of getting to sex...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:17 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Yahoo Messenger: sexyman6980
I have accepted the fact that I am dual diagnosis for bipolar disorder and drug addiction. I recently went to rehab twice this year to adjust my meds. I take Lithium, Trileptal, and Abilify.

During college, I was in the Psychology Association at Chico State (PACS) as a Fund-raiser, the semester before I was diagnosed with my mental illness. Thanks to my awareness of my disease, I was more able to deal with my time in jail and my recovery.

Even though I wasn't a psychology major, that club helped me branch out into other areas besides my boring, chick-less Mechanical Engineering classes. I immediately fell in lovelust with this cute blond surfer girl, whom was from So Cal. There was another cutie that was totally into me. If I recall, I ended up at least kissing one or both of them on separate occasions.

This disease is REAL to me. Whether or not it is a result of Nature vs. Nurture and/or consequences of self-medication with alcohol and other substances, this disorder affects me every single day of my life. It's effects can be felt in my body, mind, and spirit/soul. The manic highs I feel can oftentimes be followed by deep depression and vice-versa. Mentally, physically (biologically), and spiritually, this chemical imbalance hurts me all the time. To say that it does not exist.

(To the guy that attributes mental illness to the Matrix and "Disney Virginity", I have two words for you Lindsay Lohan....)

I just read that 1 out of 5 people with bipolar disorder commits suicide. That is a shocking figure. To the person that doubts that mental illness is REAL... I feel it everyday. Thanks to classes like Psychology 101, sociology, chemistry, biology, anatomy, physiology, and many other hard sciences (and social sciences)... I believe that I have been helped along the way to understand my problems.

Thanks to psychiatry, therapy/counseling, exercise, and living a stress-free, sober/clean lifestyle, I can restore myself to SANITY finally. It's just a long, hard road to be on.

-Chicoman

20 Minute Phone Coaching Session with The Venusian Arts! http://bit.ly/15iipY0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:25 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I don't know if this thread is a form of advertising for the individual who started the thread but hey :)

Nice thread (I just skimmed parts).

I'm posting because, I'm interested in that bipolarness some others are mentioning.

I have been told sometimes I can be incredibly nice/"chill" and then one thing happens and I kind of change my mood instantaneously, (though my change in mood I would say is 100% logical).

Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:03 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
sufferring from ocd,depression.
no self confidence left after dissappointments.

what to do.
ı hate nearly all women
Sounds like most men nowadays.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:41 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I've a serious issue. I think I like girls too much. I also can get any girl I want if I put X amount of effort in it.
Don't know how to fix this. :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:35 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This is brilliant to see.

As someone who has gotten fantastic and countless results from commercial self development material for over a decade now, I am all too aware that pursuing a self development goal may not treat the underlying problem that is actually causing the ill feelings. I learnt this the hard way, finding the depression or ill feelings remaining despite achieving the goal of approaching women, or talking to anyone, handling confrontation etcetera.

Having someone qualified to help identify any possible underlying problems in one's personal life is something that would definitely be needed on this site. I know from experience that achieving the aforementioned self development goals can be somewhat hollow and feel meaningless until the deeper problems/demons are dealt with.

Post subject: Re: Shopping
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:53 am 
New to MPUA Forum

WHOLESALE SAREES IN BANGALORE
JEANS WHOLESALE IN BANGALORE
3 phase motor starter price in india
wholesale kurtis online
single phase electric motor for sale