Growing up

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

Post subject: Growing up
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:43 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

This one is for all of you Psych majors and other people who enjoy psychology. This is all theoretical. I've met a few people whom I consider close friends. The more we are around each other, the more comfortable we are with each other. We have become closer so to speak. Now I've noticed that since we've all become more ourselves, that each of us are on different maturity levels. I believe that the current maturity level we are on is the last level before we were forced to mature. By being forced to mature too early, we had become sad and lonely shells of who we were going to be. We now have to work on maturing naturally. I hypothesize that since we have lived all these years without ME actually maturing that the ME will have somewhat of an accelerated maturation.

Feedback plz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:46 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

If u nuture something to behave older than its years, u will never fully regain what is lost, this is because u didnt know what is was in the first place.

Say, for example a drug addict who is clean for a year, will still think about getting a fix, will still have behavioural patterns of a drug addict, will always remember the experience he had as a drug taker and will always be at rise of relapse.

In ur example you are effectively describing missed youth. A common problem guys get especially usually when in LTR's. You start to see what people have done with their lives when u reach a muturity level where sharing life experience is seen as a mature thing.

As u start to share u start to realise there are massive holes and gaps that should of been filled when u were immature, unfortunatly these moments are missed.

U cant revert back to being pre-adult, u cud try but really regression is not what the community is going for tbh.

I would accept the fact that yes maybe u wud of missed some oppurtunities some situations and some outcomes, but tbh if u tried to go back u wud learn nothing from those actions because life has probably course corrected and made sure uve learn the same lessons just in a manner that would be more suitable for u.

I think we all learn to love, to hate, to enjoy, to fear... and not all of us share the same experiences and journeys...

If u regret summin then do summin about it, I think u need to expand into what it is u think u have matured to quickly thru?

Personally im 23, I feel like im bout 35+ mentally because the amalgamation of my experiences and voluntary eduction have decided to persue. I dont regret the fact that I will never see women the same way I did when I was 16, I actually think my matured minds perception of women is far more just and realistic that my pre mature mind.

Maturity is a blessing many feel cursed with !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:21 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

You want to go backwards. A young child is the wisest thing there is. Seeing the world through new eyes is what we all need. There comes a point when people are sleepwalking through society. Traditional PUA is about just that. Traditional PUA needs man to be sleeping.

My form of PUA is about splashing cold water on your face and getting up! That is why I am against the ego and against becoming a part of ANY society.

Getting gorgeous friendly girls is SO EASY. At least for American men it is. The real battle is the battle within.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:08 am 
Dedicated Member

The other day I watched the movie "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey (it's actually based on a true story). Anyway there was one line in the film which I thought was brilliant, where the lead woman says to Jim Carrey "You know when we were kids the world was a playground, and it still is, it's just that somewhere along the way we forgot that."
It's somewhere along them lines anyway, but it's so true. Of course becoming mature is part of modern life, however being mature doesn't mean that you have to stop having good old fashioned fun. So if you feel you have matured earlier than you wanted, just try to remember that maturity doesn't mean you have to stop childish fun (you do to a certain extent of course but not completely).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:26 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I feel that we will never completely mature. Its like the lead woman in "Yes Man" said, "Somewhere along the way we forget." We forget that life is meant to be enjoyed. We forget that we can be ourselves regardless of what we wear or who our friends are. I do think it was because of my missed childhood that I feel this way. I've come to realize that I won't ever get the chance to make it up. I'm 20 and feel like I'm 25. The hardest part about it is that everyone that I know that is my age or close to my age are alot more immature than me. My ego was making me feel immature and getting me down because of it. When really, we'll always be immature. So I've concluded that I'm just going to let life run its natural course....NO REGRETS!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:41 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I dont think there is a preset scale on how a 20 yr old and how a 25 yr old should act?

Im 23 and act with alot of wisdom and depth, I probably have more facets to my personality than most 45 year old men, I probably have a better understanding of my mental condition that some people ever did before they die.

I dont consider these regretable features.

Im 23 and my gf is 18, she is on the same level of maturity as me and is equally mentally apt, she is far beyond even some women of my own age in terms of her thought pattern, her rationality and her general outlook of life...

I dont think she regrets this and I certainly appreciate having a gf who can rationalise and deal with the day to day craziness of being my gf.

Maturity is a blessing, accept it, enjoy it and be proud it didnt miss u out while doing the rounds !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:10 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I constantly hear I bahave like a teenager, but I treat this as compliment. Most of my friends, mates at my age have families or at least are in long relationships and they think changing women is ridiculous and immature.

So they tell me how proud of her families they are, how happy, relaxed but as I looke at their bored faces, lack of creativity, not being able to do something spontaneous, having only commitments and no fun, I think there's no point in taking decisions about your life only because the majority does the same or „it's highest time for something”.

For me, there is no alternative for having fun, winning women, going to unforgettable parties.

I just don't want to „grow up”.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:14 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I think some of my difficulty with relating to my peers has to do with my maturity level; people have always told me I act way older than I am. While that can be a good thing, it causes problems when I hang out with people my age.

Often, I can relate to my friend who just graduated college better than my best friend who is is the same age as me. Don't even get me started on my friend who is a year younger than me.