Acne

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

Post subject: Acne
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:15 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Only girls have this type of skin... and maybe a few guys who really take care of themselves... But you ever seen a chick and her skin just looked amazing. Not 1 zit could be found.

I want that! I notice that when I drink a lot of water it helps. I still got a few that pop up here and there... but I want my skin to be PERFECT! Like the celebs. Any tips?

I figure I might as well turn up my self image to the highest notch cause I'm already doing all these things, and I want to take it to the next level.

Oh and btw, getting a clean fresh haircut every week does WONDERS for your game.

Post subject: Re: Acne
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:25 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

well im VERY dark so this might not help, my skin is actually very smooth and the reasons why is because some fats are good for you like avocado or almonds etc, plus water, if you really want to have clear skin eat those and drink atleast 8 cups of water a day

like i said im darkskined so my skin was already pretty smooth and i had a horrible diet but when i decided to loose weight and started eating healthier and drinking more water my skin got clearer....and remember soft drinks and fried foods will hurt you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:31 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
well im VERY dark so this might not help, my skin is actually very smooth and the reasons why is because some fats are good for you like avocado or almonds etc, plus water, if you really want to have clear skin eat those and drink atleast 8 cups of water a day

like i said im darkskined so my skin was already pretty smooth and i had a horrible diet but when i decided to loose weight and started eating healthier and drinking more water my skin got clearer....and remember soft drinks and fried foods will hurt you
I'll definitely take note of fried food and soft drinks. Wonder why though... insulin spike?

Will try to eat more avocado and healthy fats. My ethnicity is middle eastern so I'm dark skinned myself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:29 am 
Dedicated Member

Lots and lots of make up helps. Never seen those "without make up" shots of celebs? They have all the same problems we do, they are just rich enough to be able to afford stylists and make up artists to hide the acne or the stress lines or the bags around the eyes etc. - and yes, even the men!

Essentially, clean up your diet, drink lots of water, try to determine and cut out any food types which you may have a slight allergy to (sometimes things such as bread, or sugar, or yeast, or dairy, may bring you out in the odd spot or two - not a full allergic reaction but enough to give you a bit of acne), and then hope you're of the right age and have the right genes - a lot of acne is hormonal or inherited, so there's not all that much you can do about it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:51 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Used to get zits as a teen, but my skin is really clear now, only get the occasional zit now (age 29).

Nuts and avocados and water all help, but most important? SLEEP!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:47 pm 

Get some concealer and put it on. They even make it for men now. All male celebs, models, and the hot girls you see walking around all wear concealer. If you put it on right your skin will look great and NO ONE will be able to tell you have it on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:03 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Get some concealer and put it on. They even make it for men now. All male celebs, models, and the hot girls you see walking around all wear concealer. If you put it on right your skin will look great and NO ONE will be able to tell you have it on.
Agreed. I use Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra, then if you get sweaty or oily later you can top it up with powder and a brush.

Always get compliments for my skin. Little do they know that I'm simply a raging homo and wear makeup MUHAHAHA!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:57 pm 
The Coach

Hey man,

Here's a little trick I learned (kinda on accident) but it works great to remove those white heads in your skin and even helps take aways zits pretty quickly (you can get rid of one in like a day or two) and it leaves your skin really clear.

Here's all you'll need:

-Non-Iodized sea salt (DO NOT use normal Iodized salt. That will give you the exact opposite effect.)
-Cotton Balls (about 20-30 of them each time you do this.)
-A cup of hot water (doesn't have to be boiling hot. Just get it pretty warm.)
-Your normal face wash

So here's all you've gotta do...

Take about a table spoon of non iodized sea salt and mix it in with the hot water. Take a cotton ball and dip it in the hot water. Rub the cotton ball on your face (or the infected area) and apply a little bit of pressure while you're doing it. The way you want to rub it is kinda as if you were applying make up. Do this all over your face. You'll literally be able to see the shit on your face come out of your skin onto the cotton ball. Replace the cotton ball after every few inches on your face as you need to. The salt will leave kind of a chalky residue on your face so use your face wash to clean it off. Do this once a day for a week... You'll notice a HUGE difference in how clear your skin is.

Hopefully this helps you out! It works really well for me :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Hey man,

Here's a little trick I learned (kinda on accident) but it works great to remove those white heads in your skin and even helps take aways zits pretty quickly (you can get rid of one in like a day or two) and it leaves your skin really clear.

Here's all you'll need:

-Non-Iodized sea salt (DO NOT use normal Iodized salt. That will give you the exact opposite effect.)
-Cotton Balls (about 20-30 of them each time you do this.)
-A cup of hot water (doesn't have to be boiling hot. Just get it pretty warm.)
-Your normal face wash

So here's all you've gotta do...

Take about a table spoon of non iodized sea salt and mix it in with the hot water. Take a cotton ball and dip it in the hot water. Rub the cotton ball on your face (or the infected area) and apply a little bit of pressure while you're doing it. The way you want to rub it is kinda as if you were applying make up. Do this all over your face. You'll literally be able to see the shit on your face come out of your skin onto the cotton ball. Replace the cotton ball after every few inches on your face as you need to. The salt will leave kind of a chalky residue on your face so use your face wash to clean it off. Do this once a day for a week... You'll notice a HUGE difference in how clear your skin is.

Hopefully this helps you out! It works really well for me :)
nice advice i also heard that putting a comfortable towel around your pillow every night would keep your face cleaner during the night which stops acne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:32 am 
Dedicated Member

Putting a towel around your pillow is just to try and stop the germ accumulation. Either a fresh towel each day or change your bed linen regularly - I have a double bed with 4 pillows, so I use each side of each pillow for one night (4 nights), then I turn the pillowcase inside out and do the same again (another 4 nights). Then I change my bedding once a week. So I'm never sleeping on the same bit of the pillowcase for more than a night.

And as for concealer, yeah I agree. I actually use foundation, but use it as a concealer. I use Maxfactor colour adapting foundation, there are different shades and it is supposed to somehow mingle in with your skin to look natural. I don't know the science behind it, but it's brilliant. I only use it on spots (not as a traditional foundation over my whole face) and it is invisible. When I was younger I also used anti-shine primer on my t-zone as I got quite oily around my forehead and nose. I only use this if I've got spots but it's such a confidence booster to go out knowing your skin looks great - even if it is through the use of makeup.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:41 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

To add on:

Use a moisturizer, one that's noncomedogenic.

Use sunscreen. This will help you avoid poor skin when you're older.

Exercise.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:17 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

to be honest, the main focus you should be worried about is being hydrated, eating healthy fats (avocados, almonds, etc) and keeping your face clean...if that doesn't work then use the other stuff

but if you do the basic stuff like above you'll be 10000000000 healthier than the average joe and it WILL show

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:56 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Most people find themselves suffering from an acne outbreak at some point, whether it's due to hormones or stress. Hormones aren't uncontrollable, and there are simple changes you can make to eliminate your breakouts. You can have your glowing, healthy, and pimple-free skin back in no time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:31 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thank you for your input, I am sure the OP will be thrilled to see you taking so much time to think your post through to his amazing thread that should be revived. Good job the community is ever grateful for members who care like you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:34 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

There have been good tips on this thread. Thumbs up for all of those who have shared. I will try the non-iodized salt and the fresh towel on the pillow.