The scariest part of PUA

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Post subject: The scariest part of PUA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:57 pm 
Dedicated Member

I would like to address an issue that I find very few PUAs addressing- STDs. Is it because all PUAs are naturally safe and always use condoms (highly doubtful) or because most PUAs have much less sex then they what they say (highly likely) I do not know. What I do know is that STDs are a serious problem for anyone who is having sex and you should know the facts about many STDs, how to prevent them and how to deal with them if you do get them.

Remember, many STDs do not have symptoms or take a while till they show any, so you should have yourself screened regularly.

So here I've made some copypasta so you can get some more information about some of the biggest STDs out there (more information can be found at http://std.about.com):

Chlamydia is the most common curable sexually transmitted disease, and it is caused by the obligate intracellular parasite Chlamydia trachomatis. Hundreds of thousands of new cases are reported every year, but that probably represents less than half of all infections. This is because half of all chlamydia cases in men, and three quarters of chlamydia cases in women, have no symptoms. Scientists estimate that in the U.S. alone there are 3-4 million new cases a year

The primary infection site for chlamydia in men is the urethra, the tube inside the penis that carries urine and sperm. Infection of the urethra is known as urethritis. Chlamydia symptoms in men may include:

* burning pain on urination
* discharge from the opening of the penis (the urethra)
* pain in the testicles
* pain in, or discharge from, the rectum

Treated with prescription antibiotics, the infection usually clears up in one to two weeks. During this period, however, you are still potentially infectious and should continue to use safer sex precautions.

Gonorrhea is an extremely common sexually transmitted disease in the United States, infecting around 700,000 new people a year. It is caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and it can be spread by oral, vaginal, or anal sex. It can also be passed from a mother to her child during a vaginal delivery.

Symptoms:
* yellow, white, or green urethral discharge
* burning on urination
* pain and swelling of the testicles
* rectal pain
* rectal discharge
* rectal bleeding
* painful bowel movements

Gonorrhea is treated with antibiotics. Because people who are infected with gonorrhea once are likely to become infected again, many doctors recommend that patients with a gonorrhea diagnosis return 3 months later for a check up.

Syphilis is considered to be a genital ulcer disease. The chancres, or sores, that are the first symptoms of syphilis provide an easy route of entry into the body for other viruses, specifically HIV. Genital ulcer diseases put a person at an increased risk of HIV/AIDS, and it is extremely important for you, and your sexual partners, to be treated for syphilis if you have been exposed to the disease. Although throughout the 1990s the rates of syphilis had been declining, in recent years many cities have seen a surge in the number of cases.

Primary Syphilis:
* one or more chancres appear at the site where the syphilis bacteria enters the body.
o normally round, firm, and painless
o will heal on their own in 3-6 weeks
o usually show up within 3 months of infection
* If untreated will lead to secondary syphilis.

Secondary Syphilis:
* skin rash
o frequently on palms of hands and soles of feet
o usually rough, red and brown spots
o rash can occur in other colors and places
* genital ulcers
* flu-like symptoms
* Symptoms will resolve on their own, but if untreated will become tertiary syphilis.

Tertiary Syphilis:
* difficulty making muscles move correctly
* paralysis
* numbness
* gradual blindness
* dementia
* Can eventually lead to death.

The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
is a virus that attacks the cells of the immune system. Although infections may show no clinical signs for years, over time the virus reduces the strength of the immune response and leaves HIV-positive individuals susceptible to other diseases. HIV itself usually causes few to no symptoms . It is devastating, instead, because it lowers the body's defenses against other diseases. The diseases that take advantage of HIV's effects on the immune system are known as opportunistic infections.

HIV is not transmitted through casual contact. You can't get it from hugging, shaking hands, sharing food, or even a casual kiss. Because HIV is such a fragile virus, it doesn't live long outside the body. You are therefore also not at risk of the virus if you use public restrooms, drinking fountains, doorknobs or any other public facilities. HIV is a relatively difficult virus to transmit.

HIV prevention is a matter of taking proper precautions. Using a condom correctly every time you have sex, not sharing needles or syringes, and wearing latex gloves whenever you come into contact with blood or other secretions will vastly reduce your risk of becoming infected with HIV. Although proper precautions should always be taken, regular testing is also essential, so that people know their HIV status and can make informed decisions about their HIV risk

Although circumcised men have a reduced risk of HIV compared to uncircumcised men, circumcision is only recommended as an intervention for men who live in areas with a high prevalence of HIV and a low prevalence of condom use. Circumcision does not eliminate the possibility of men contracting HIV from their male or female sexual partners, it only reduces it.

Crabs, Pediculosis pubis, or pubic lice are to college students what head lice is to kindergarteners. However, although head lice have been known to spread by an exchange of hats, pubic lice almost always require close personal contact. It is possible to acquire pubic crabs from infested sheets, towels, or clothing, but pubic lice don't live long off the body, and, contrary to rumor, you won't get them from a toilet seat.

Symptoms:
* itching
* visible public lice or nits

Pubic lice are usually treated with topical pesticides. Any sexual partners you had within a month of showing symptoms should also be examined and treated.

You should decontaminate your clothes and bed sheets by washing them on hot or dry cleaning. Alternatively, no one should touch them for 72 hours. You don’t need to fumigate your house.

Herpes (genital or oral) infections are characterized by an outbreak of small, painful sores which may be covered with a thin layer of pus. Frequently, just before an outbreak, people will have what are known as prodromal symptoms, which might include itching or tingling at the site of infection. These symptoms vary from individual to individual, but eventually many people with recurrent outbreaks learn what sensations signal that the active sores are about to appear.

Most people with genital herpes will never have any symptoms. In general, if symptoms are going to appear, they will show up within two weeks of the initial time of infection. The first outbreak is usually the worst, and many people who experience symptoms will do so only once. For most others, the severity and frequency of symptoms will decrease over time.

Genital herpes can be spread by oral, vaginal, and anal sex, as well as other intimate contact. Because it is spread by skin-to-skin contact, and not simply through the exchange of bodily fluids, condoms cannot entirely prevent transmission, although they do somewhat reduce the risk. It is important to know that herpes can be transmitted even in the absence of any symptoms, though there is a greater risk of infection when sores are visible. Individuals with genital herpes are usually advised to abstain from sex during an active outbreak, and an active herpes infection can also increase an individual's risk of contracting HIV.

There is no cure for genital herpes, no matter what some may claim, but it can be treated. Anti-viral medications can be used to shorten the duration of outbreaks and reduce their frequency. For individuals with frequent outbreaks, or uninfected partners, daily suppressive therapy may be recommended. In this case, anti-viral medication would be taken constantly to reduce the risk of not only symptoms but transmission. However, even when suppressive therapy is entirely effective at eliminating an infected person's outbreaks, he still may be able to transmit the herpes virus to a partner.

HPV is an extremely common virus. More than 50 percent of sexually active adults are thought to be infected with at least one strain of the virus, and up to 80 percent of sexually active women will have been exposed to the virus by the time they turn 50.

Most people with HPV will never have any symptoms. Others will have one or more outbreaks of genital warts, experience pre-cancerous cervical changes, or even develop one or more HPV-related cancers. Because so many people who are infected will never have problems associated with the virus, doctors do not generally screen for HPV.

Simply knowing you have tested positive for a strain of the HPV virus does not mean you will definitely get cancer, or genital warts, it just means that you have been exposed to the virus and are at risk. In fact, research has shown that the majority of infected individuals will clear the infection within 2 years on their own.

Genital Warts/Condyloma:

* soft growths in the genital area (see image)
o single or multiple
o white or flesh colored
o small or large
o raised or flat
o may be cauliflower shaped
(Symptoms may appear after weeks, months, or not at all.)

In the absence of symptoms, HPV is not treated. Pre-cancerous cervical changes are treated, by your physician, according to your actual diagnosis. Genital warts can be left untreated, or treated by one of the regimens below. SPAM does not cure HPV infection, and warts may reoccur.

Anyone can walk into a bar and pick up a random girl.
The trick is to make the experience unforgettable to her.
A real PUA will make every women he encounters feel like she experience something once in a lifetime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I will admit that this is a genuine concern for me, though I'm well aware of STD's and always careful. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:26 am 
Dedicated Member

I have far less protected sex than I should, and far more unprotected sex than _anyone_ should. STIs (they're not Sexually Transmitted Diseases anymore, they're "Infections," because things like crabs aren't actually diseases) are a constant worry for the successful pick-up artist, especially those who dislike or cannot use condoms.

Personally, I'm uncircumsized. That has led to me having almost no sensation during sex with a condom (along with a host of other unpleasant sexual side-effects). So I'm forced to be incredibly selective with the girls I sleep with, make sure that they're the type of people who get tested regularly (I go in more often than needed just to be on the safe side), and when possible use other forms of contraceptive (because I think "babies" would be the second scariest part of the pick-up arts).

Still, if you can use a condom, you bloody well should. I feel really bad _not_ using one, because I'm a vehement supporter of safer sex, and I hate being the kind of person who doesn't practice what he preaches. I've gotten mono from kissing too many people at a bar, and that was more than enough to get me to slow down a lot on the sex with strangers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:02 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Dude, when I read this I was like "Oh shit, first my mom and now here?"

Anyone stupid enough to not know that sexual health is a serious thing deserves anything that his (her) reproductive organs might catch.

Thats why I wouldnt post about STD's

Its cool that you posted about this.

I never give rep points, way too lazy, but I'm gonna give you some for this.

"Motherfuckers best belive in....That you are fucking with the best" - 3oh!3

Teasing is a battle plan for what Shakespeare called “the merry war.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:37 am 

Unprotected sex with someone you dont know is just stupid.

Why the hell would you do that for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:50 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Someone sticky this thread. NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:59 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Yahoo Messenger: Coreyko_2003
Quote:

Some people really are that retarded...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:21 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

This is actually a very important topic that is brought up far to infrequently. Fantastic post giving the details people need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:14 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:

I f'**ked up once and had sex without a condom with this girl I was seeing. I was very fortunate to not catch anything, but to further help some people, I wanted to shed a little more advice.

I fully understand that in moment, it seems like you can put your cares on the side and just enjoy the moment. But it is at the these times that you must be most alert.

A couple of pointers:

It will NEVER be worth it. If you just had the best sex of your life, its going to suck really fast if you catch an STD.

Never leave the responsibility on the girl. They are even weaker then you are. Meaning don't think that just because she isnt asking you to put on a condom, that you dont take the precautionary measures yourself.

Do not allow the sexual tension to build up so high, that you lose control of the situation. This mainly applies to one night stand or complete random chicks. Know where your limits are with a girl, and just treck slowly. Its normally in these situation that we fu*k up...

Just remember the safer sex you have, the more sex you can have. Football players wear helmets, hockey players wear shinpads, PUA's wear condoms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:16 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

So here's a question: How do you guys treat going down on girls? Dental dams sound like a total mood killer. I usually keep this until I know a girl a decent amount before I play the oral game, but when I do, it's always unprotected. How do you guys go about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:00 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I;ve been stupid many of times, lucky so far but this thread make me think, thanks bro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm living in a college town and that means lot's of people are sleeping with eachother and mostly doing it unprotected. We had a chlamydia outbreak the other year and suddenly a LOT of people had it (including yours truly). I might not have taken responsibility before by using protection but I did inform my recent partners that they should get tested. Oh boy, I don't want to do THAT again.

Anyway, I have not learned my lesson. I wasn't carrying protection because I only recently got back to the game and was on a dry spell. So now I'm feeling bad that I didn't use a condom yesterday. From now on I'm putting one in my jacket!

Good post man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:00 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Just remember "Condoms are your friend" and there the one thing you shouldn't go cheap on!.

Secondly while giving oral you got a 0.5% chance of getting an STD. So try avoid oral unless she's your gf and you've both been checked.

Otherwise if you give random girls oral 400 times and 50% of those girls had an STD, probability says you'll contract one.

I know its a small chance but its still a BIG risk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:42 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I don't wanna go against common sense and I'm not againt using condom. I use them cause you never knows.. buut, your chance of getting the worst of them, HIV, in a sexual session, IF the girl is infected is really small.. like 1:1500
Even though, I don't wanna play the lotto on that, so I try to use it.

But last nite I was with this ninfomaniac girl.. and I've had cummed like 10 minutes before, so i was not 100% hard.. and she's like riding me and we changed positions, then suddenly she get off and I look at my cock and the condom is not there.. the bitch took it off, I suppose.. i even said "damn, i'm not wearing the condom" and she "so what?"

I mean, that kept into my mind, cause I prefer to keep on the safe side.. but it happens sometimes..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:30 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I almost got a girl pregnant on my first time....but turned out to be a false alarm(THANK GOD!) The girl had me stressing for the whole 4 weeks, because she'd rather wait it out.I toke action though, when she said she was late, the test turned out to be negative as I said before.

It left me traumatized. I just couldn't enjoy sex anymore without a condom. I don't know why, must be something psychological. But I guess it's a good thing reading about those deceases!

Thanks for posting!:)