Sometimes do we just get lucky?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The other night I went to a hockey game with my brother and a girl hes been trying to pick up. She was young, really fuckin hot, hyperactive, ADD and likely kind of a slut (she flashed the opposing hockey team) All night my bro chased her down and tried to keep her attention. After the game was over they decided to go to the club, they invited me, I declined as I wanted know part of watching him chase her around a place with booming music and flashing lights alls night.
I ended up going down the street to another bar by myself. I got in and sound down with a beer (I was already pretty drunk) and just chilled for about 20 minutes. I went to get another drink and on my way 2 7s asked me to dance (what a day!) of course I accepted, and went off with them. We danced for quite sometime-one of them took over and was all over me. They said they were going to leave to go to another bar and asked if I would come. For some reason I declined (it was cold outside) and stayed put. The one girl kissed me goodbye and they left. I stayed dancing in the same place for about 5 minutes when another slightly hotter girl walked up to me and winked. Within a couple minutes we were dancing, a couple minutes more we were making out. Then she asks for my phone- I assumed she was gonna give me her number and leave- I obliged. She goes into the note section and writes "take me back to your place?" So we go back to my place and the rest is history.
Now I realize that the entire point of these lay reports is not to come and brag, but to display what worked, what didnt and discuss alternatives. However this night I just cant figure out, I expended absolutely zero effort, I didnt do anything different really, and still my results were instant. Within the hour I was at the club I met 3 girls who were interested and took one of them home.
So from here I pose two questions:
How much do looks matter? I posted this in another section but recently I've grown a beard, and received a lot of compliments on it. Is the beard responsible for this colosal leap in game? or is this more likely:
Sometimes do we just get lucky? Sometimes do we just walk in the door and meet one girl which ups our mental game and from there on the night just falls into place?
I would defidently like to here some feedback on
A:how much do looks matter? and will such small changes in appearance completely alter ones game?
B: how much is picking up women luck? As a poker player I'm confronted with this question all the time: Sometimes are we just lucky?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:51 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yes, looks shouldn't be neglected. In my opinion, they compensate for game.

Game is what you do, and how you do it. The looks can be a plus. It doesn't mean at all that a supermodel guy can get any girl he wants, as he may have no game. However, a guy with bad looks can get (almost) any girl he wants if he has great game.

The beard doesn't change you game, only how you are perceived at first sight by uninformed women in the venue.

Anyhow, everybody gets lucky sometimes.

Since you mention poker, I'll make an analogy. When you play poker, you may be lucky, be served with American airlines (double As) and the flop has the two other As. You're lucky, and you will most probably win this round. At the same time, it's not because you're served with a 5 and a 3 that you're not going to win. If you know how to count probabilities easily, if you know how to bluff, you can win much more often then you are lucky.

When you go sarging, you're not always lucky, but having good game greatly helps you win, even when you're not lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:53 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

To me this seems like a combination of looks/body language and just being lucky. I don't think looks matter that much, though you will attract different types of girls. A beard could make you look more mature, which can be a good thing. Body language is much more important.