Peacocking to the nth degree - funny story!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:31 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Last week I ran the Vancouver Sun Run, which is one of the biggest running races in the world. My friend and I are both athletes but we are both recovering from injuries so we decided to run 'slowly.' Instead of racing, he threw on a full gorilla suit and I put on a banana suit. We put on quite a show chasing each other around prior the race, then passing as many people as we could during the race keeping up some pretty hilarious dialogue. We stopped for cheerleaders on the side and generally made a great time of it.

After the race, there is a large fair in the stadium. I had brought my phone with me, and the routine I started using was grabbing girls paying any attention to us for pictures. Of course they had no cameras so pictures were taken on my phone along with their numbers =) It was ridiculous.... I was getting 30 second # closes without putting in any effort whatsoever!

I've never peacocked before, but this was amazing. Also, our social proof was through the roof as we had thousands of people laughing and cheering at us throughout the race and in the stadium as we chased each other around. We even ended up on the national news!

This ended up in my first 100% stranger -> GF pickup. So far, all the relationships I have entered have been from easy circumstances such as mutual friends or class. I'm pretty happy since I know I couldn't have done this at last years Sun Run! My friend said I reminded him of Charlie Harper from 2 1/2 Men :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:14 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

This story is fucking awesome. Break through those social barriers and act through your own intentions (tyler durden), do what you want to do and be indifferent to how people will perceive you, think of you. We all want to be free of social rules, of social pressure. Having fun is intoxicating and addicting to those who are not experiencing such an emotion. If you are the life of the party, you can bang several girls. But you shouldn't be the life of the party for results such as getting girls...you should do such because it is fun and apart of who you are, getting girls is just a natural byproduct of such behaviors...of your reality. You do not need external validation.

I once wondered what being cool meant...but i understand it now. Being cool is being who you want to be..doing what you want to do...and being indifferent to peoples' reactions to it. You do not care if people have a negative opinion of it. You do not do something to receive external validation. You do it because you want to do it. It gives you joy and happiness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Great story, bro!! I laughed my balls off readin that post ... you can't buy or sell an experience like that. Keep sargin' mate and refuse to conform. :lol: