2nd Sarging session - Day Game

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 24 guests

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:36 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

so, iv been very busy of late with exams and all that jazz, so as some of you may have read my 1st field report around 3-4weeks ago about my successful 1st night ut in the field i thought id update you on my 1st attempt at day game

so on friday, i went to nottingham, to check out the uni and all that jazz, bushbaby, whos on this site came with, i had just recently got him into the game and his confidence is still lacking with major AA so i took it upon myself to open the first set... it was a 6set, gathered around in a circle in the middle of the city centre, so i approach with "excuse me, could i just ask you a quick question" without even thinking, as soon as i said it i knew i should not of given them the option to even say no, so 1st mistake, and straight away this one girl doesnt even turn and look, she just goes "no thank, go away, no thank you" so i just laugh, acknowledge the rest of the group and say "thanks for your help anways" and walk on back to my friend, this is probs the worst set iv ever opened, but as it is said "just because she had her bitch shield up, doesnt make her a bitch" just means my game wasnt tight enough.

so with lessons learnt from the 1st approach we continued to just ask silly questions, not even to number close or anything just to get field exprience. we saw a 2 set a HB8 and a HB6 sitting down, so i approached for a a question we actually wanted to know the answer to, where was the city campus, and we spent about 7-8 mins just chatting to them, in hindsight we probs could of number closed the HB8 rather easily but then again, i may be wrong, the whole purpose of this was to build confidence out in target rich areas.

so nottingham was a learning curve in day game, approached around 6-7 sets and gained some exprience, from what i have learnt, day game is totally different from night game, may not be harder, or easier, just different.

so the next day, i was in london , because i am going to work at a special needs camp in NY for the entire summer we had to have an orientation to show us what we were doing, so met some new people, exchanged numbers on a few, although i dont see this as number closes as we'r all in the same boat and just nothing numbers really as it was not hard.

but shopping afterwards, walked into abercombie and fitch, looking around, and this HB9 just flings an old t-shirt onto the back stand, she worked there , and without thinking just go "thats one way to clear up i spose" she laughs, and talks fluff, i walk of as though looking around, and turn my head and start talking more fluff, in the end we started talking about uni, her dreams and what she wanted to do etc, and use the old "listen, iv got to go, but anyway we can carry on this convo" with which she replies "im sorry, but im busy afterwork" i laugh and "go im not that easy, i was just wondering if we could carry on this convo some how" and the number close followed.

i realise this was two different field reports, but as day game is something i need 2 work on, i thought id mold them into one.

as always, advice, critism and pointers are always welcome, even from newbs asking why i did what etc, as knowledge is power... and the more knowledgable you are about yourself, the more powerful you are to control your life