Crashed and Burned Last Night in Southend

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi,

Me and a friend went out last night to a nightclub in Southend where I decided that no matter what, I would speak to at least 3 women that night. That was my goal.
I set myself the task of trying to get phone numbers.

I did manage to approach 3 girls. I used opinion beginners each time.

First Approach

I was standing at the bar getting my drink and I noticed 2 girls standing next to me. I turned to one of them and said "Hi, excuse me,can I get your opinion on something?". She nodded and I said "Flower, First Date? Good or bad?"
She looked at me strangely and said "dunno" and turned away from me. I was expecting her to give me her opinion but I she just looked at me in a funny way. I decided not to try continue the conversation and left.

Second Approach

I saw a girl standing with her friend and without thinking about it, went up to her and said " Hi, Can I ask you a quick question, I need a female opnion on something" She said ok, and I said " I got a girls phone number tonight and am not sure what is the best time to leave it until I call her. I dont want to come on to strong or anything. Should I call her in 24 hours, 48 or more what do you think?"
She said call her straight away and then went back to taling with her friends. Again not much responsiveness.

Third Approach

A girl was standing next to me and I used the same approach as I used with the first approach. Her answer to the flower first date, was simple "Yes" and she turned away. I asked her how many flowers because I wanted this to work and she just said "thats fine too" and then moved away from me. I then talked to her friend and said the same question whats your opinion. She just immediately said "I have a boyfriend" then I said whats it like being in the perfect relationship? She said great thanks! I wished her a good evening and walked off.

So what do you think I did wrong here in these three approaches? I tried to ask innocuous questions just to get some dialogue going. But they all seemed so hostile.

Any advice or feedback?

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:42 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Ask yourself, how was my body language, how was my fashion sense? Did you hold eye contact or did your eyes go straight to the boobs. Pick the 3 interactions apart the same way you would with a math problem or a chess match and learn from it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:53 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: pa17_im@yahoo.com
By the way you tell your story.. seems like somethings missing... Maybe the part where you say...."... i walkd up to those sets, smiling, looking pretty confident, all peacocked, with my body language at its best...."... oh but maybe that wasnt the case.

Seems that 3 times you gathered up the courage and managed to beat the AA you failed, maybe not because of the opener..

Id like you to remember those sets, and ask yourself these questions:

Was I conveying being a pre-selected man?

Was my body language the right one?

Was my body posture good in relation to the set?

Was I dressing peacocky clothes, or at least, fashionable ones?

Was I smiling?

Did I have a bit of social proof?

Did I elaborate on my openers?

Maybe said them too fast, too slow, too short, the right words..

Sometimes, Id use more elaborate openers to catch their attention...

Example.. your first opener was.. "Flower, First Date? Good or bad?"

I may have said instead..."...check this out, ive got this friend who went on his first date with a russian girl, he had the date prepared, and he even got her flowers... but check this out, the moment she arrived, she saw those flowers on his hand, she turned red, like really angry-redish and she knocked the flowers off his hand... and said something in russian, dunno what it was... well thing is my friend "xxx-name" is going again on a first date with this cute girl from FLorida, and hes wondering if he should get her flowers, just because she said she liked them.. so what do you think guys,,... are flowers on a first date, good or bad??....

Sounds, crazy... sounds stupid.. but also.. kinda funny... makes them think a bit more.. you already gave them a story, in which you take the role of the good friend, a caring person, but youre just asking them for their opinion.

Now.. think about a compelling story youve been told, and how u reacted.

Try answering those questions for yourself, then also think of expanding a bit on your openers.

;).. hope this helps ;)

take care.. game on !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:55 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Interesting sets.

For the third one I would say don't bother with the friend after going into it literally right beside her.

Overall, try applying an extra line. Throw in, "I need a quick female opinion...cause I gotta get back to my friends." That simple addition can right off the bat, show a girl that she may lose you at any moment. And your not some stupid AFC on a mission because you have better things to do than talk to her all night.

Remember...you must be willing to lose a girl before you can have any chance with her.

--$-Suave-$--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:30 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hello,

I don't have any major bit of advice for you,
just to say, well done for having had the balls for getting out there and having done those three approaches.
First few months dont count. Dont sweat it.
Give it some time-
good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
By the way you tell your story.. seems like somethings missing... Maybe the part where you say...."... i walkd up to those sets, smiling, looking pretty confident, all peacocked, with my body language at its best...."... oh but maybe that wasnt the case.

Seems that 3 times you gathered up the courage and managed to beat the AA you failed, maybe not because of the opener..

Id like you to remember those sets, and ask yourself these questions:

Was I conveying being a pre-selected man?

Was my body language the right one?

Was my body posture good in relation to the set?

Was I dressing peacocky clothes, or at least, fashionable ones?

Was I smiling?

Did I have a bit of social proof?

Did I elaborate on my openers?

Maybe said them too fast, too slow, too short, the right words..

Sometimes, Id use more elaborate openers to catch their attention...

Example.. your first opener was.. "Flower, First Date? Good or bad?"

I may have said instead..."...check this out, ive got this friend who went on his first date with a russian girl, he had the date prepared, and he even got her flowers... but check this out, the moment she arrived, she saw those flowers on his hand, she turned red, like really angry-redish and she knocked the flowers off his hand... and said something in russian, dunno what it was... well thing is my friend "xxx-name" is going again on a first date with this cute girl from FLorida, and hes wondering if he should get her flowers, just because she said she liked them.. so what do you think guys,,... are flowers on a first date, good or bad??....

Sounds, crazy... sounds stupid.. but also.. kinda funny... makes them think a bit more.. you already gave them a story, in which you take the role of the good friend, a caring person, but youre just asking them for their opinion.

Now.. think about a compelling story youve been told, and how u reacted.

Try answering those questions for yourself, then also think of expanding a bit on your openers.

;).. hope this helps ;)

take care.. game on !
I completely agree. An elaboration is needed here. Your opener is not a quick one liner...that's amateur, it needs to capture interest and really make her want to answer your question properly.

--$-Suave-$--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:31 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

youre openers were related to dating in general. So youre SPAM some of your intentions

if you have/had AA, you did a good thing to get rid of it

Sometimes I get also zero response from girls, but i dont care cause its their loss and i continue to have a great time.