When a friend becomes an unintentional AMOG

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:28 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Greetings,
Hipnotik here with another field report. This was an unsuccessful set (i did not get a number). However, I would like to share it because I had to deal witha friend who unintentionally became an AMOG, until I actually had to deal with an AMOG and escape a fight. God forbid anything happens to me :P

So me and some friends were out on the town last night for a co-workers birthday. If anything it was an excuse to dress up and go out on a Sunday night; he's controlled by his gf, and I knew that we couldnt see him for long. I was sporting a tuxedo t-shirt and mirror-lens sunglasses with pink, blue and yellow frames.

Throughout the evening I made a few approaches, due largely to their saying "nice shirt/nice glasses". However, the most memorable set was the one whihc I did not suceed, due to one of my best friends. I was talking to her and her friends, did my photo-taking speel that I described in one of my other posts, and then succeeded to isolating her by saying "lets go buy drinks". I was then about to run the 5-questions game on her for her number, when my beligerently drunk friend stumbled over and began ridiculing my shirt to the girl. This is coming from a friend who bites my style, purchasing the almost identical outfits that I have.
Needless to say he succeeded in sapping the built-up attraction by interrupting.

I then said to him "wow, so Im glad that you actually went out and bought the exact same oufit that I already own. Its got to be hard trying to be soemone you're not." This succeeded in getting him to leave, because the girl laughed and he got pissed at me. (He'll get over it).However then her boyfriend arrived, drunk, and aggressive. He started kind of shoving me (Im not a push-over, 175, pretty built from compeitive hockey), with limited success. I started laughing at his feeble attempts to intimidate me. This made him a little upset, and got in my face. I took Mystery's advice and shut up and stared right back at him, not being intimidated. At this moment the bouncer came and kicked him out. Regrettably his girlfriend followed.

Although this was not a successful set, I believe that I learned alot about how to deal with AMOGing. I still have a long way to go with respect to my game, but I did feel very PUAish when I walked away unscathed.

Until next time, good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:31 am 
Dedicated Member

I have similar experiences of friends acting as AMOGs (Ediots !!) . Read my post on "fingering on the dance floor !!" in this section. Its irritating when your own stupid friend talks like a moron and spoils your game.