I busted a guy using canned material. LOL

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:47 pm 
Dedicated Member

Well ill admit I was ready to hate on you..
And I do still think that you were harsh on him,
BUT with that said. You said you winged with him
later in the night, so that changes alot..
But in my opinion you should make friends with this
guy, because I think it would be easier to improve
with one your friends also learning this stuff. I wish
some of my friends were into this because I think
you can improve alot faster if you sarge with fellow
PUAs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

If he's using canned material he's probably new to PUA anyways. All you're doing is hurting his confidence and making him not want to try this stuff anymore...atleast that's how I see it.

As I've heard, a PUA shouldn't come up with his own material until he has everything else down pat...

Imagine yourself in this persons shoes...for all you know this person could be severely self conscious and had no luck with girls. He tries something new and you come in and shut him down completely.

that makes you the asshole in this scenario...but if you did help him out it's all fair enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Sub you don't need to defend yourself or clarify anything. You did EXACTLY the right thing. If any female friend of mine is approached by a guy using any scripted routine I do exactly the same things. I know the kinds of guys my female friends are looking for, and they are not in a place like this.

Hell the guy is plagiarising anyway. He should use his own material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:37 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

this has actually happened to me also. i invited two chicks to come with me to a theme party. it was either pajama or a lingere party. well these chicks (one a HB8.5 and one a HB7) were by far the finest chicks at the party. IMMEDIATELY when we walked in i left them be while trying to find the keg and some other friends who invited me. When i came to get them to invite them to come hang out by the beerpong tables, i see some dude, obviously trying to look cooler than he really was, talking to them. I figured no big deal, bring him with to keep the 2 HB's busy while i play. But when i walked up, he was doing some sort of cold read thing talking about how the 8.5 had her arms folded. one on top of the other or something along those lines. immediately i recognized what was going on and had to call him on it. but instead of amoging him (like, dont talk to my chicks before i break your neck) i called him out under the table. real energetically said "hey dude, you must be neil strauss!!! i think ive heard of you! hows the GAME going???" the chicks had no idea what was going on but he instantly got the idea that i was in the same boat as him. Then he started making excuses in a way and felt dumb in my opinion. I told him everythings cool and to come with us. in the end i sort of hooked him up with the 7. it wasnt really a wing, more of just a 'this guys pretty cool, go talk to him' and he took it from there. im not sure exactly what happened, but im sure it was ended good for him.

he ended up winging for me by distracting the friend while i was with the 8.5

but its really funny to see other pua's in action. ive seen all sorts of crazy peacocking attempts also, but never heard a peacocked person actually running game.

i can understand what sub is talking about though. im a pretty big guy and i work out constantly. I use my physique and muscle size in nearly every set i encounter. So i guess i amog people all the time when im with chicks. if you are gaming a chick and being an amog is what works for that particular chick, thats the game to play!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:02 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I think your story is funny. You should have played along with the PUA - acted like you were all into the cube, and then see him transition into other stuff.

You could have explained to HB8.75 why you didn't AMOG the PUA, and then you could have given the PUA a real critique on his game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:21 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

How the hell do you know who he was going for? If you remember, the game teaches that sometimes you should go for the "lesser" so that the "hotter" becomes jealous and you make headway with them in the long run. Or, maybe not. Maybe he was just going straight for the one he wanted.

Yeah, using canned material is Dodgy ground to tread and I've heard people use Mystery Method material a couple of times because they couldn't be bothered to even read a book, just watch VH1 instead.

But go out and buy Gamblers Book "The Natural Art Of Seduction" because there's nothing natural about your game at the moment. here's a wake up call Sub; there's a fine line between confident, arrogant and arsehole. You've managed to transcend all three. It's the top dog who can look down and say "you're doing great man, keep it up" because they know they're better inside. It's the total insecure chode on the other hand who looks down and says "dude, I am so much better than you and all women want me" then come onto the internet to boast about how they had the hottest girls in a bar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:16 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Poor guy! If I had someone say that to me a couple years ago while I was using canned material I would have probably cried lol but hey I don't blame you completely. You live and learn I believed that kid definitely learned that night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:26 am 
Dedicated Member

Try that fuckingh shit on me someday and I'll show you how a real guy recovers from someone trying to call out his game. You need not be a stupid prick to a guy who is trying the game, common !! You could have instead told him very softly that "The Cube" is working and only he and you would have known whts going on. Its more fun this way and you would have had a wing man.

Help other guys improve their game and catch upto speed but dont be an asshole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:01 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

have to admit i found this story hilarious...complete ownage, Sub! But in the same vein, i think it does little to shoot down a fellow PUA, especially if he wasn't being an AMOG around you. i hope you're telling the truth about winging for him later coz if you're not, you're a very naughty boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:13 am 
PUA Forum Leader

hahaha legendary, plus he probably learnt a good lesson about using canned material. I have had one or two people I was sure were PUAs and one guy who mid set started asking if I had read the game "wow, that sounds like a cool book who did you say it was by?" lol "...so thats with two ss's".