Koh Phi Phi Must Be Boycotted

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Gentlemen

Hats off to my bretheren from this website/forum and elsewhere that have in the past few years turned an AFC into an absolute slayer.

I have come, and please forgive me/redirect my post if this is the case, to post a Public Service Announcement for your fine selves as well as the internet in general to see. I ordinarly could not be bothered but I feel it is my duty. Koh Phi Phi MUST BE BOYCOTTED BY MEN.

I have been unfortunate enough to be on the Thai island of Koh Phi Phi for the past 20 days, and what I have witnessed, brothers, is truly the stuff of nightmares.

I am a 6'5", semi attractive but well built male with what I consider to be fairly high level game and in these past 20 days I have managed to sleep with 3, yes, only 3 humans of the female variety. It is the most attrocious statistic of my past two years BY FAR. 3 girls in 20 nights, is that a joke? No friends, I assure you it is not. I have no problem in almost any situation going up to 1 or 2 girls and striking up a conversation that leads to somewhere 35-50% of the time.

Here, friends, is the problem with Koh Phi Phi, Thailand - but first, to be certain, there are some stunning girls here, Europeans, Brazilians, Russians and of course the 'mixed' bag of Australians and UK girls - this island hosts parties (equivalent to Full Moon parties but smaller, every night of the week), cheap alcohol, free beach parties, great!! What could possibly be the problem?
My brothers, the problem is not that Koh Phi Phi is a cockfest, the problem is not that Koh Phi Ph is a sausage fest, generally it is to be accepted that at any out door/open tourist party there will be more guys than girls (1:1.5 ratio is kinda bad, 2:1 ratio on a bad night?), but Koh Phi Phi is in a league entirely of itself, it's something that I have never witnessed before in my worldly party travels - and this is my consistent observation, I even observed from afar for the past two nights to bring you this statistic - the ratio of guys to girls on Koh Phi Phi is AT LEAST 8 to 1. I kid you not.

Yes, you read that correctly. There are more than 8 guys for every 1 girl partying at Koh Phi Phi.

Now, you may be thinking who cares, I'll just work my game. No friends, that's not how it works on this pathetic island. The ratio is so utterly attrocious, so disgusting, so repulsive, that every girl, no matter attractive or not, is hit on by 50 completely smashed guys with NO game as they walk between the 5 or so major bars on the 300-500m strip of beach. Generally their game will consist of breaking from their friends and doing some cringeworthy dance blocking the path of girls, grabbing their hands, or otherwise making complete fools of themselves. It raises the girls' ice shields to 'over 9000'!!

Add to this literally every guy is peacocking to high hell whatever they can to give them an edge. Every so often you get a glimpse of an ordinary couple with an ordinary looking girl and an ordinary looking guy and you are reminded oh yes that it was life is actually like, that's how it is when I hit up an average bar..

Now, you may be thinking OK whatever I'll just have fun with my friends! Sure, I love just going out and getting smashed on some super cheap booze, pull out some ridiculous moves on the dancefloor with my friends and having a good old time, no intention of picking up just having a great time. BUT, as I have mentioned, this is no ordinary party, you WON'T WANT TO DANCE on the dancefloor, it will be you, and 10 guys and 1 girl, you will grind against nothing but sausage, sorry, that's not fun, I may have no intention of speaking to the girl I'm dancing and bumping into accidentally, but every 3rd person you bump into has to at least be a girl if you know what I'm saying.

It gets worse...
Yes friends, unfortunately, if you thought it was bad at 1am in the morning, you are in for a rude shock when it gets to 2-2:30am. All the parties are shutdown by the local police at this time, it's like the curfew from hell. As soon as it happens, BAM, the ratio will increase from 8:1 to 25:1, I kid you not. If you're with a girl at this stage, you must immediately run for the exit, because there will be at least 5 drunken idiots per minute come up and try and and hit on the girl you're talking to as you stand there. Then, you'll find that walkng around on the street(s) (there's only really one main street) is littered with so many guys desperate to pick up that you'd fully believe you were in a country that only allowed guys out after dark.

About the only thing to do at this point is to grab some 80baht pizza (over 1/3rd of the average minimum wage Thai worker's daily salary) - it's a fairly big slice of pizza for around 3USD, absolutely the most bland and tasteless pizza you will ever have, worth approx 50c or less but the 'pizza mafia' (yes that's a thing on Koh Phi Phi) ensures that the 100 pizza shops on Koh Phi Phi maintain this gouging price.

In summary:
You can hookup on Koh Phi Phi, of course, but it's not worth your effort, anywhere on planet Earth is better, \ it must be boycotted until a reasonable ratio of girls to guys is achieved, in its current state it is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Absolutely horrendous.

Stay safe guys, and boycott Koh Phi Phi.