Recovering AFC, I'd love critiques

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:44 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I had never approached a stranger before (with closing in mind) until today. Probably the most frightening experience of my life tbh. Anyway, so there I was walking from class to my car, cursing myself for all the missed opportunities I was accruing. I told myself: you are opening the next girl no matter what, even if she's a 3. Well, as it happens the next girl to walk up was about a 5 (maybe 6 on a good day) and I was hesitating like a madman. But, I somehow managed to step a bit in front of her (not all the way just a bit) and say "hi!". She said hi back and stopped. I expected her to keep walking so I took this as a good sign. I asked her name "Kelly". She asked for my name. I took this as another good sign and possibly an IOI. Then I asked her: "What's the worst pick-up line you've ever heard?" She said she didn't know and that she couldn't think of any. So I said that I'd come up with one then. "A bad one" I promised her. I asked on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, how bad did she want it. She said 10 so I hit her with a classic "If I told you you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?" She laughed and said that that was a good one. After this I gave her a false time constraint. I said "I actually have to be somewhere so I'm going to be very direct with you. I think you're beautiful and I'm curious to see if you're as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside. This is where I noticed that my arms were starting to shake somewhat and I began to panic. She said that was really sweet, but I was so busy wondering if she saw me shaking that I couldn't really think of a follow up. So I went in for the close because I had to get the hell out of there. I told her to give me her phone number so we could continue this at a later time. She said yeah ok without hesitation. I handed her my phone with the new contact screen for her to fill out. She did. She asked me as she was doing it where I was going. "Are you going to class?" she asked. I said I was doing "secret stuff" because I was still fucking panicking inside and couldn't think of anything better to say. She laughed at that a bit. The thing was I couldn't tell if she was laughing nervously or not. I was so in my own head that I wasn't able to read her near the end of our encounter. I'm pretty sure she saw me shaking at the end a bit. I have to fix this. Any suggestions? Also, what did I do wrong in this encounter in general? Any help is so appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:04 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Nice job! :D

At this point, you needn't worry about specific things you did during the encounter. Just go do it 10 more times (The worst one is over..#1. Its all downhill from here).

You can have the most awesome pick-up, the coolest lines, and dressed to the nines -- but if you're fumbling and shaking from being nervous...you're routine means nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:06 pm 
The Grand Puba

Truthfully, I don't see the reason for you to want our criticism right now. You did it. You approached and got the girl's phone number and gave her your intentions for wanting it. There is definitely room for improvement, but while you are getting comfortable approaching women and had the best start that most guys could ask for...be happy with what you did. Worry about being critiqued when you don't make connections. Trying to fix something that isn't broken is just going to get you in your own head.

Don't worry about being nervous...I bet she found that kind of cute.

Good job OP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:59 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

You were having a panic attack. Alot of my approaches went exactly like this too when i first started about 3 years ago. You will get better as you keep practicing, and keep pushing yourself a little bit more..and a little bit more, by staying in longer and longer in your sets (sitting in your anxiety). It may take several months of diligent hard work and slow progress before you're rid of it. But you will get rid of this social anxiety if you keep working at it. I was able to.

-G