Field Report Journal

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Post subject: Field Report Journal
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:34 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey this is my first First Field Report. I hope I can get some feedback on what I did right and wrong. That would be greatly appreciated. Anyway onto the report (This was from last Saturday)

It was my first night in a club and I got to say, I wasn't that impressed.

When I walked into Webster Hall in NYC my first thought was "So this is what I spent 30 dollars on...shitttt"

I guess the club was spacious, but I walked in at around 11:30 to see ten dudes sitting around in lounge chairs and 2 girls dancing in the corner. Not exactly a popping club.

I walked in and looked at my wing J. J isnt exactly AFC, but i showed him a few tips and strengthened his inner game a bit so hes actually a bit better than AFC.

Anyway I looked at J and said "fuck it, wanna talk to those two girls?"

He agreed. So we went up to talk to them.

I approached the HB 7 and he approached the HB 6. We approached from two sides, not head on and opened each girl with "Hey can I get a woman's opinion on something?" HB 7 said yea and I said "Do you find men more attractive with beards or clean shaven?"

We kept talking for a bit and I build rapport with HB 7. J wasn't doing so well though. HB 6 had already hit him with the dreaded "I have a boyfriend" line and he didn't have the knowledge to work around that. I tried to isolate HB 7 by saying "you still have your bag, come with me and we can take it downstairs to the coat/bag check place." That didnt work cause HB 6 offered to go with her instead.

After they came back, I tried number closing HB 7 but she wasn't with it so we moved on.

I saw Cajun's episode on Keys to the Vip recently again, so on my next set I used one of his openers. I walked up another HB 7 and said "Do I look like a Drug dealer?"

I wont go into the whole opener cause its a bit detailed, but she responded well and we built rapport. Then she introduced me to her friends. They tried hitting me with a few tests but i remained firm and they loved it. A few guys tried to hit on her after, but everytime she would say she was lesbian. Then when the guy left we would look at each other and laugh for a bit.

We got one of her friends to take a picture of us together and I number closed her successfully right after.

J left a little after that as he lived outside of NYC and had to catch a train back home. I had one more set right before the club closed.

Right by the entrance, this HB 8.5ish was standing looking bored by herself. A few guys were trying to get with her and one was being ode handsy with her so she shoved him off. We made eye contact, and she gave me a small smile, so i knew i had the green light.

I opened her straight on as she already gave me an IOI with the eye contact and the smile. I asked her what was that dudes deal and she went off about telling me how that guy wouldn't leave her alone all night long. We built some rapport and then the song Work by Rhianna came on. I whispered in her ear "You cant say no to a dance to this song." So i bent her over and we grinded club-style to the beat for a few minutes. After that, I number closed and left her with a french goodbye: three kisses on alternating cheeks.

Overall, it wasn't a bad first night out to the club. There were so many dudes though. And a lot of legitimately taken girls with BFs right next to them. I could have done better, but at the same time I could have done a whole lot worse.

Post subject: Re: Field Report Journal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

So i took HB 8.5 that i met at the club last weekend out on a date a couple of days ago.

I knew from the start that things were going to go well when she brought me cheesecake to our date. If a girl starts buying you stuff, that means she wants attention and shes into you.

We went to 16 handles by my house and bought smoothies. I didn't pay for her because I, like many others in the community, am the firm believer in not spending money on a woman before an f-close (unless its like a cheap 3 dollar latte date).

We sat and talked mostly about fluff for a few minutes until some lady in the place said they were closing.

We left and sat down on some public benches after that. She commented how she "didn't usually go out with guys from the club" and "really wasn't the type to go out much at all". Maybe talking to so many girls has made me jaded, but the amount of times i have heard those phrases...

Anyway, I used part of the mystery method and ran a game where she had to think of a number from 1-10 and i had to guess it. She was in awe when i got it and demanded to know how i did it. I just leaned back and said "A magician never reveals his secrets" with a smirk on my face.

I felt her attraction level go up after that, so we continued to flirt for a bit and i dropped hints that i wanted to kiss her, like alternating from looking in her eyes, then her mouth, and back again. So when i leaned forward to kiss her, she leaned in a little too and I kiss-closed her.

After the kiss, i think she started to catch on to my pick up tactics cause she said. "You know, your waaaay too smooth for a 19 year old" (shes 23). I just stayed calm and said "Well what can I say, I'm a sociable guy."

We went to walk around for a bit, and we stopped to make out for 10 minutes. She clearly started to demonstrate value to me when she said "Il try to find some other underage clubs for you, I know your birthday is coming up soon."

We walked back to the benches and she called a cab using lyft. while we waited I found a homeless dude begging for food in the street. I gave him the cheesecake and told my date that "he needed it more than i did". She might get mad at me for that, but whatever.

Her cab came and I kissed her goodbye with plans to see her again on the weekend. Overall a pretty good date.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:42 am 
The Grand Puba

Don't be like so many guys in the community that refuse to spend money. It's okay to if it's not to impress her and it doesn't hurt you financially. Don't be an ass and give away something gifted to you. It makes you look unappreciative. She may act like it doesn't bother her now but I guarantee it will be in the back of her mind and will come out at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:57 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I tend not to spend a lot of money on girls before an f-close cause it shows neediness. Like if its something cheap that's no big deal but i'm not rich.

As for the cheescake your right tbh. It was my mistake, but i really couldn't ignore that dudes cries for food. He sounded really desperate.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:56 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
I tend not to spend a lot of money on girls before an f-close cause it shows neediness. Like if its something cheap that's no big deal but i'm not rich
You're saying if you can afford it then it's not needy, but if you can't afford it then it is needy(which I would call stupid...not needy). It's partially what my statement meant. I only said something about it because you said you were a firm believer on not spending money on a girl before sex unless it was on something cheap, which is different.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:20 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Ahh got you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:09 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This was from Thursday afternoon.

I was on my way back from work when I passed Columbia University. Colleges are usually a good place to daygame so I walked around campus for a bit.

I had two sets. I first approached this HB 6 who had a mini suitcase resting on the bench she was sitting on. I thought she might be new to the city, but it turns out she was just about to leave. We talked a bit about traveling and different parts of the US. She seemed genuinely interested in talking to me, not in a sexual way though because i didn't see any clear cues. She got up to leave for her flight so I got her number (apparently she comes to the city often) and continued walking around.

I walked around for like another 10 minutes with nothing but guys or tour groups around. I was about to leave when i saw this HB 9 taking pictures next to the library.

I opened her with "You look like you could either be a tourist... or your thinking of coming here in the fall. So which is it?"

I know, not my best line. I'm trying to get away from using canned openers all the time though. She responded well nonetheless and we talked for a bit. Unlike the HB 6, she started to flirt with me and brought up that she was looking for a cafe around the area. I volunteered to help her find it so we set out to look for it.

If any of you guys have read The Game (which, on here, is probably most of you), Mystery teaches Style a game where he lets the girl pick a number from 1-10 and guesses her number. So I run the game with her, and get her number right. She looked slightly impressed but asked me "guess my second number?"

Looking back i shouldn't have tried to guess her number again (this defeats the purpose of the game) and guessed her number wrong this time.

We found the Cafe right after that and I number closed her and left.

I texted her later and she began giving me shit test after shit test. A month ago, I would have failed miserably at these. I didn't take them seriously though here is most of them

Me: (Asks her a question)

Her: Lol. Bye!

Me: Lmao (laughing emoji). If I wasn't laughing so hard I might have got offended.

Her: Beware I am an offensive person (laugh emoji)

Me: Offensive il give to you. Your humor is getting there.

Her: Hahaha

Me: (Makes some excuse to met up somewhere to move things forward)

Her: Nah, nice pick up though.

Me: There's that winning humor shining through that we all know and love^

Her: I know loool. I mean you could be a horrible person for all I know

Me: Sheesh Tess, your killing me with the offensive jokes out here.

Her: (Jokes about me being horrible)

Her: I mean you could have just been acting nice.

Me: This interrogation over officer Tess? lol

So after all of that, she opens up to me and said that she really wanted me to take her on a tour around columbia, but that she was leaving to NJ with her parents in half an hour. So I just wished her a good trip and turned off my phone.

What I did well: I think I handled the shit tests better than I usually do. Could have been better but also could have been much worse. I was a lot more spontaneous and thinking about things on the fly. I looked her in the eyes most of the time and had good posture.

What could have been improved: I fucked up with the number game. I shouldn't have tried to guess it again because thats qualifying to her, which i don't want to do. Also i realized when i went back home that I could have tried to get lunch with the girl at the Cafe instead of leaving. That would make us better acquainted and her more comfortable around me.

Take aways: Next time I have to keep in mind to be less AFC instead of qualifying myself to women, let them qualify themselves to me. I guess also if i find out a girl is actually about to leave the state, then you just have to cut your losses early and not waste your time. Unless they actually live there and plan to return soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:36 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I went out for some more daygame today with a buddy of mine from this forum actually nyc1989, and we hit the Columbus Circle area.

It was my first time meeting up with him, so we mostly just talked about game and our lives for a bit as we walked around the park.

I did have one set though. I saw this college grad playing a guitar on the grass as we were walking. She was about 7.5, really nice smile, tall, brunette.

I approached her head on. There really was no way an indirect approach would work in that scenario.

I opened her with "Hey, I was just passing by and I didn't recognize the song you were playing. What's it called?"

We then talked for a few minutes about music, I introduced myself and sat on the grass with her. we talked a little more about College and then life in the city. She then played a song for me, something by Led Zepplin I think. I applauded her after and after we talked for a bit more she played another.

I then tried starting building attraction with her, but that completely backfired on me for some reason. The set started going to shit from there and I wasn't suprised that I got blown out when I asked for her number. Logistically, that was was a tough set, but I still did well in approaching and mid-game.

I guess a takeaway for next time is that it is possible to kill attraction by doing too much/ spending too much time in one set.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:11 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey its been awhile since i last posted but i decided to do another FR cause of a set I had today.

Im on vaccation in Ocean City at the moment and I was at the beach today. Whenever I get into the water i like swimming up and down the coast line so I was doing that and as I was swimming by all the people in the water, I saw a HB 9 and a HB 8. I've never done an approach in the water but I told myself what the hell and I went for it.

As I swam by the HB 9 she smiled at me, so I opened her and we started talking for a bit.

Let me tell you something, its hard to keep two hot girls attention at once. BUT its even harder doing it when your in the water and trying not to drown when 8 foot waves are battering you.

I made them laugh a bit, but eventually the HB 9 said they had to go so they got out of the water.

I kept swimming for a few more minutes before my brother comes up to tell me that he was leaving the beach. So I started to head back to our beach umbrella.

On my way back, I ran into the girls that I opened earlier. I told HB 9 that it would be cool if we could do something while we were both in town so I number closed her and left.

There wasn't anything particularly special about the set, I just never considered beach pickup to be a thing. I will definitely try to replicate my results before I leave here.

Till my next report....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

It's been a bit since I posted on here. I'll try to make my posts more regular though. I had a Group set in McDonalds with 4 women. The Blonde was a really hot german woman HB 9.5 ish.

- What I did well: I got her invested a little. When I went to refill my cup I asked her to watch my bags. Was also clear on my intent, kept things light, and responded well to the boyfriend shit test. After I was rejected, I continued talking to another older lady and which indirectly showed that I did not care for only talking to hot women, but to anyone I wanted to talk to. This also allowed me to break my ego by burning the set intentionally and put me in state.

- What did I not do well: I didn’t talk to her friends. This is why they did not approve of me as much. When I slid my phone across the table for her to put her snapchat in, it was her friend who slid it back once she said she had a boyfriend. I should engage the friends more ask them questions about spain and tell them some personal stories. Also, after seeing me talk to the older woman, the HB took her time to say bye to me and leave. Her friends even gave her space to talk to me after for a bit when they were about to leave, I should have made another move.

- What to work on next time: Engaging the friends more, tell them stories show them you are a cool guy so you can win over the group. Also working on recognizing indirect social cues, like the friends hanging back and capitalizing on them.