Field report (if you can even call it that)....

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 17 guests

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:16 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Went out to this local bar. I didn't get there until 1 AM. It closes at 2. There was nobody there except the bartenders. One male, one female.

I have been there many times. Some of the bartenders know me by name. I had never talked to this bartender too much. I said hello, how's your day?... what's your name? Told her mine........

Every time she walked by, I feel so needy that it sucks and I can feel that it comes across.

I told her I'm about to buy a mobile home park. She asked where. I told her. I asked if she knew where that is. She said yes, she is from Florida.

She said she knows some about real estate. I asked her what she would buy with $1,000,000. She said commercial. I said she should buy hotels.

Nothing much more.

After the bar closed, I walked out and bummed a cigarette from these two girls sitting by themselves. I quit smoking earlier that day, but I thought it was an excuse to start a conversation.

They asked me why am I all dressed up in a suit. I said I wear it every day. It's my new look. I'm a businessman. She said so is she. I asked what. She said "public relations." I said "yea but you don't own the business, I own mine."

I noticed that the bar staff were all friends with each other. They were talking about how they were sending each other videos of baby goats in pajamas to each other online. I thought that was kind of stupid, but I humored it and asked why it was so cool, so they showed me. Maybe I should have been friendlier and tried to cross the "social hook point."

Also, I at one point told the female bartender that I'm going to be a billionaire in 10 years. She said "yea... I want billions..."... but I don't think she really cared that much.

Oh yea, and those two girls that I bummed the cigarette from outside. They at one point were sitting at the bar and I saw them and got approach anxiety. What would I have walked up to them and said without seeming like weirdo?

Usually, I go out down town where there are more people. This was just something I wanted to do tonight just to go out and say I did something. I went to a relatively small bar at a time when it was almost closed. I just wanted to have something to say on here.

I noticed that the only "productive" conversation that I had even with the bartender was when I was talking about real estate and business.