Self esteem shot to hell...

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:27 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Recently, at work, I had a client (a student of mine - I teach adult ed in college) hit on me. This would be fine, but it was a guy! He sent me an email and asked me out, and started with, "I assume you are gay..." I wasn't aware I was gay!! :shock: I was shocked. On one hand, it is flattering to have a good looking gay guy show interest in me (it's more interest than women give me!) But on the other hand, his assumption got me really down... People said, don't let it get to you, but I can't stop thinking about it.

I've wondered for a while, if the way I come across/look/dress/talk/act is somehow giving off the "gay vibe". Well, apparently this guy thinks so. Now my self esteem is shot to sh*t. I dress well, I'm very thin and I do use a lot of mannerisms when I speak. Maybe I do seem gay? My concern though, is if THIS is how I'm coming across to the outside world, no freaking wonder why I am still single at 31! God, at this rate, I'll never find a decent woman again (I have had LTRs before, years ago)... I'm f***ed.

Another thing that's got me down is, whenever you ask women what type of dude they go for, it's always, someone who looks like Dwayne Johnson or some other buff dude. That is NOT me, and never will be with my build. Even if I work out, I just build a little muscle and get veiny (not attractive). I'm always going to be skinny and women hate that.

How the hell am I supposed to feel confident, powerful and in charge when I'm too damn skinny, which all attractive women HATE?! And when I'm apparently giving off a "gay vibe" that I was not even aware of until two days ago?!!

Need input, thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Dude, you want to not seem gay? Want to come across as a real man? The absolute best way to do this is.... no, not working out and looking like The Rock....but by getting a manly voice. Seriously, just the switch in your voice can make you a million times more manly. Try to develop a deep, authoritative, sexy, manly voice, and no one will ever think you're gay again.

A few examples I could give you of manly voices are

Jim Halpert from The Office

Bob Saget (voice of how I met your mother narrator)

and ofcourse, Morgan Freeman.

LimitlessAlpha.com

If you're one of those guys who reads countless pick-up material yet still has some trouble meeting and seducing women, because of AA or fear of rejection or whatever, this'll fix you up.