Frame Control, Defining Reality, and Being High-Value

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

awesome thread man. One thing about pick-ups for me is that the girls are always busy. they are never alone, they are chillen with their friends and havin a great time. wouldnt it be mad awkward to just walk up? also, a lot of the hot girls I see know who I am like we're facebook friends and stuff but i never talk to them. Id have no trouble if they were alone but they seem so busy with other stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:58 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

GOUGE OUT MY EYEBALLS AND FRY THEM IN GINGER! THIS IS FANTASTIC!

If anyone can get that reference, they win 12 internets.

This post is great. I've known about pooah stuff for a year or so now, but I've always been DREADFUL at bringing myself to even approach a girl. I trace this problem to the fact that in what I call "old game" there appeared to be an almost gargantuan (yes, I am that SICK, that I used gargantuan in a sentence) amount to learn and ultimately remember and apply in field. It always felt a little...disingenuous and forced.

I know, I know. You gotta make it natural to use those canned openers and whatnot to make it work. But still, it seemed false and that doesn't feel like a good way to start off with a lady.

What you propose, however, Stormy, is something far more REAL. The concept of just simply enjoying yourself, as blatantly obvious as it is, failed to ever cross my mind.

Since reading this post I feel not only that I've been enlightened to what in essence is the ONE TRUE WAY :D , a weight has been lifted from me and I can finally, gradually rebuild into something that is effective, but moreover, something-...nay, someone I can be proud of.

For this gift, Stormy, I thank you.

HUZZAH!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:09 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Fucking awesome quote, dude. I really appreciated this! Great perspective...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Fucking awesome quote, dude. I really appreciated this! Great perspective...
...and by quote, I mean post... god I'm tired...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:26 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ya man I hope you do more posts this makes the most sense of any perspective Ive seen. Helped me so much!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Great posts, I've only read the first 2 of them, and I totally agree (Don't worry, I'll read the rest of them too, when I have time ;)).

I've come to this realisation a while back after hearing the words from Attraction Institute, about being happy in yourself, and not NEEDING external stuff to be happy it all just clicked.

Also after watching Entourage it clicked even more, it's about this guy called Vince, he's a famous actor yada yada, but he's always happy, when things go wrong, he loses external stuff he doesn't get upset, he's just in the mindset of: It'll be ok, I don't NEED that stuff, it's nice... but I don't NEED it. He also never rips (or negs) anyone, he's just a fun confident guy who SUCKS people into his frame, and never lets ANYONE take it apart, he just does what he likes to do and enjoys being in the moment. He doesn't think alot about the past or future, he's just living in the now. He doesn't care what anyone thinks (even though everyone loves him and kisses his ass he isn't cocky/arrogant in the least bit), he tries to help his friends/loved ones in anyway that he can, yet he doesn't supplicate.

Who cares about being alpha, he's just happy in everything that he does. Being alpha, woman, money it's all just a bonus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:39 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
I think it's time for me to level with you guys about something.

I've had pickup on indefinite hold for a few months now. This is because I'm going through a difficult time personally, and am seeing a therapist. I'm not going to tell you guys anything about it other than what is necessary to convey this: you, that is, YOU, the guy reading this right now, may need therapy.

First of all, what I'm NOT doing here is dissing the seduction community. I haven't had some religious experience that's resulted in me thinking that we're all a bunch of hellbound heathens here. I mean, we are, but I still enjoy casual, anonymous sex just as much as the next guy, and I think the seduction community is a pretty good place to learn how to do it.

What I AM suggesting is that some of you may have problems that the seduction community's collective body of knowledge can't help you with. That problems you experience as approach anxiety and shit like that may be rooted much, much more deeply than anything we do here digs. That "inner game" is the result of seriously rethinking your own life and the way you view things. That it's more than meditation and affirmations. And that it goes far, far beyond picking up chicks. More props to the seduction community, by the way; its emphasis on inner game can definitely direct people in the right direction. That's what it eventually did for me.

I have a problem that the seduction community is not designed to handle. The problem is that my parents physically and emotionally abused me from when I was a child through when I was a teenager. My mother would beat me randomly, and my father made me pretend it never happened.

I went through most of my life thinking that I was over this, that it was behind me. It definitely wasn't. I thought that therapy and professional counseling were for other people, with "real" problems. I was doing just fine suppressing my emotions.

I never thought I'd ever influence anyone else in the seduction community. I thought I'd always be learning from someone else, not coming up with my own ways of doing things and viewing the entire process. I wasn't trying to get famous.

But if there are people out there who look up to me, who keep an eye on this thread to see if anything new pops up, then I want to use whatever street cred I've earned to say this, and say it loud and clear: you may benefit from therapy. Therapy is painful, because you have to seriously examine things that you may want to leave in the past. You may have to admit that there was a time when someone victimized you, even if doing so makes you feel weak.

If anything in your past drifted to mind while reading that last paragraph, you should seriously consider therapy.

It is not an admission of weakness. It's a promise to yourself that you will face the demons in your past once and for all so that they'll stop bothering you.

That's the last piece of advice you guys are gonna get from me for a while, so I hope you use it.
Damn, dude... I only read this recently. Shows how much time I really spent away from this forum over the latter half of 2009.

Much respect for being that open, Stormy. It really helps to erase some stigma when you've got a guy with this wealth of knowledge and proven experience, and on top of that who can sit down and write pages upon pages about it and really help out probably hundreds of other dudes... not to mention the workshops and any other work you've done with Chief and the N.O. lair... when you get a guy like that who has earned respect in the community and can be open like that about therapy, it demonstrates to those hundreds of other dudes that the only things wrong with having problems are 1) not fixing them and 2) being ashamed of them.

Beer's on me next time you find yourself in the Bay Area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:18 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I'm at page 4, just read about opening, so damn long, but so damn interesting, I've definately came to this same realisation a while back. LoGun at the attractioninstitute talks about the same thing, he has this crazy theory, which I don't know if it's true, it sounds really interesting (You can check it for free at attractioninstitute.)

His theory is that we all have a left pre-frontal cortex and a right pre-frontal cortex in the brain, and the left part is all about logical decisions, this is the part of the brain that does all the: "What do I do, what do I say, I shouldn't have done this, I should be doing that". All the inner talks you have with yourself.

The right brain however is all about emotion, when you are thinking in this brain you don't talk to yourself, you simply are... This is what you mean by living in the Now. By LoGun's theory you are in the right pre-frontal cortex. This is the part of the brain that's big picture orientated, it's always thinking: "How do I feel?" or "What do I FEEL like doing at this moment?" or "What do I desire?".

The left pre-frontal cortex (logical brain), has it's place in your life when you are goal orientated, like in school/work, when you need to plan activities in your career.

The right pre-frontal cortex (emotional brain), has it's place in your life when you are simply living in the Now, in social activity's for instance, or relaxation times, when you are in the sun at the beach, or on vacation, simply enjoying.

I'm currently training myself to be in the emotional brain most of the time, as I've ALWAYS been in the logical brain and it's kinda hard to shut it off.... my goal is to be able to switch between mindsets when I please. I've been training myself so that everytime when I start analyzing every single little thing I tell myself: "Uh huh, now how do I feel?". Another way that works great is thinking in pictures, instead of words.

I'm going to buy the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle soon, it sounds really interesting and I hope it helps me tap into my emotional side of the brain more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:25 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey dude absolutely awesome post. After reading through this I really feel like I'm in the right mindset. I've already noticed huge differences in my vibe and the way people receive it (Its kind of like people are drawn to you because of it). I think I will be re-reading this every second day at least to continue with this mindset until it just happens naturally. Its also changed my views on the game a lot and has inspired me a lot to move back to inner game (As a way of discovering myself more than anything else)

Thanks again for the post :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Really liked this post. This was just what I needed after a disaster of a night. It always seems like my mindset is "awesome, this advice is just what I need before my night out", but then I freeze and forget all about it once I get into the field. Well written, and didn't leave anything unsaid, props.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:21 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Amazing stuff Stormy, it is obvious you have helped loads of people, including me. I hope you recover soon :).

I have listened to the entire audiobook The Power of Now. It surely has offered me all kinds of benefits. I have always the type of guy who is full with pride and maybe even some narcism. My ego is incredibly strong. Suddenly I realize how much my own ego was holding me back or getting me into fights, both vocal and physical. It's not just about my game, The Power of Now has increased my concentration, awareness and sense of joy in doing pretty much anything. My feelings of anxiety, stress, aggression and frustration have all been reduced too very low levels so that I hardly experience them as bothering.

Mastering The Power of Now makes gaming feel a lot more natural. Once you get used to it, it enables you to allow connection with a girl emotionally without going all nervous about it. It is as Stormy says:
Quote:
"Opening a set" becomes "going over to talk to these people." "Stacking material" becomes "I've got plenty to talk about. Who needs material?" Rapport becomes so easy it's a joke. It gets so easy that Juggler-style rapport-based game suddenly becomes an extremely attractive (if slow-moving) style. Shit, stack on the Vibing Article link in my sig and you're ready to get some daygame numbers.
All this talk of targets, CB's, technology and such are partially designed for easy communication among PUA's, but for a big part as well to make sarging seem more like a safe and comfortable video game. Surely thinking like that helps to destroy Approach Anxiety and other moves that require some guts, but this type of thinking comes with a high price. It erodes the feeling of bonding with the girl. This feeling is what naturally makes you and her communicate on the same level, it elicits appropriate body language as well as kino. It is how you allow the girl to sense your confidence in a natural way.

The Vibing Article Stormy mentioned here is also great btw, even though I kind of hated the Author, Tyler Durden, after reading The Game =p.

However, I think The Power of Now does have weaknesses. My following words will be quite abstract, especially for those who haven't read The Power of Now yet. If you do not understand or question what I am saying, please let me know.

To fully master the technique that gives all these benefits, which is basically a way of organizing your brain through meditation, the ego needs to be fully erased. I acknowledge that the ego should be tamed, but it still has some purposes. It reminds me of several states of mind that I sometimes switch between, and what types of stuff I would like to say in certain situations. My ego also makes me feel good, as I simply like myself and being myself. Often I like the feeling of being me better than just enjoying the joy and stillness the 'enlightenment' provides. I believe the ego can partially be broken down, while keeping a few useful elements of the ego intact and at the same time take loads of the fruits of the meditation. My ego is like a glowing shape of light now. Throwing a rock at it causes the rock to fly right though, but if I need my ego I can use its energy and shape. So far it is working fine for me, but I have only experimented with it for a few days.

I think complete removal of the ego may end up making a person weird and incongruent, and may take away desires that can stimulate the charm of some people. Without ego, you may forget to keep up your attractive attitude. It could also end up making you irrationally spiritual. For example, an extremely spiritual person may start preaching about the massive insanity of people and talks about peace all the time like Eckhart Tolle does, which makes me think he is the insane one =p. You would end up saying that stuff because it is what you believe in, or you would have to hold back your beliefs. It may also cause indifference between standing up for yourself in front of people, which can DHV you, and just walking away from a situation which is often DLV. This type of indifference sucks imo. It may also reduce your desire to do thrill-seeking activities. These activities demonstrate fearlessness which is actually liked by girls. I believe it is not wrong to do these activities partially for your ego, just like it isn't bad to approach as many girls in a certain time, so your ego knows it has done approaches plenty times before. Not all food for the ego seems unhealthy to me :).

The downside of any food for the ego is that you can risk loss of self, but I do not fear this risk and it does not supply me with limiting negative emotions.

I hope everyone who reads this will develop its own way of making The Power of Now useful, without limiting him or herself :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Long quote
Yeah, the Power of Now was so mind-blowing and eye-opening, that it removed all barriers of my ego, and the stuff that was holding me back, but at the same time it completely destroyed who I was. It took me a couple of days to put it all into place, and what I have come up with is that you can be yourself.and that you should always go for what you desire without hesitation. Take action instead of consious thinking (e.g. mind-made illusions and stories for all that can go wrong or right by taking certain actions and just going for it).

Also when talking/listening to people you shouldn't be in your head thinking of the best routine or the best thing to say, you should be totally present, that way your imagination runs freely and when it's your time to talk, you'll have something ready to say, because it'll just popup in your mind. And if you don't, it's a clear indication that you weren't present.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

a similar thing happened to me stormy. I got into the pua scene, suppressed my problems (albeit not as bad as your ones it seems) and had them slowly emerge as the pua act got old. there is no better buzz in the world than having the power of objective thinking. to seperate yourself from your emotional state and really dig down into your core and work out why you do the things you do, what is holding you back, basically seeing things from other perspectives.

The practical side of pua is great, it works on what is called the personality ethic.

but once you become the persona you are putting on, that is when the real problems start coming out in ugly ways.

What people should do is work on their character ethic BEFORE the personality ethic. ie values, morals etc. Looking straight in the mirror and being true to yourself can be SOOOO hard if you've got all this pua 'beliefs' engrained in your thought process. But once it is, thats when you become truly 'confident'.

and a final note; the term alpha male is an illusionory concept, don't buy into it.

peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

a similar thing happened to me stormy. I got into the pua scene, suppressed my problems (albeit not as bad as your ones it seems) and had them slowly emerge as the pua act got old. there is no better buzz in the world than having the power of objective thinking. to seperate yourself from your emotional state and really dig down into your core and work out why you do the things you do, what is holding you back, basically seeing things from other perspectives.

The practical side of pua is great, it works on what is called the personality ethic.

but once you become the persona you are putting on, that is when the real problems start coming out in ugly ways.

What people should do is work on their character ethic BEFORE the personality ethic. ie values, morals etc. Looking straight in the mirror and being true to yourself can be SOOOO hard if you've got all this pua 'beliefs' engrained in your thought process. But once it is, thats when you become truly 'confident'.

and a final note; the term alpha male is an illusionory concept, don't buy into it.

peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:27 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This completely changed how I think. Sure, I knew it before. But your way of expressing it has an incredible effect, so that I really believe what you're saying. Everything makes perfect sense.