Advice/Tips on my voice? (Appreciate any replies)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi All:

I'm 23 years old and have suffered with a severe speech impediment all my life along with low confidence. I finally want to face this speech problem and develop a confident voice by reading aloud every night. I barely speak in social situations and usually lock up/becomeafraid that I can't get a word out if I try, so I hope by practicing every night that I can workout these speech muscles and mental connections and as a result become more fluid, loose and confident in speech.

I took a short record recording tonight(my first night) and I was hoping anyone could give me some constructive criticism on what they notice that needs to be improved on. This is where i'm at right now, and obviously I know its completely laughable/horrible but I am hoping I could get some ears that aren't my own to give a listen and let me know what they notice that's a problem (again i acknowledge there's lots haha) that way I can start on this journey with ideas to work on.

I am extremely appreciative of anyone who leaves some constructive criticism on here (please be painfully honest, I need to know what specifically to work on and it helps a lot to have other ears)

Recording Below: (Sorry for the loud mic noise at the start)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1o1D0Mk8nQ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:56 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

You need the worst that could happen to you to happen to you already so that you can get it out of the way. Then you will no longer care.

Reading books is not your biggest leverage point. You don't get good in social interactions by reading a book. First you need to let go of giving a fuck.

So the advice is GO OUT.

The voice will fix up on it's own. You don't sound any different that any other introverted guy who might be starting out.