Persistence vs Pride

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject: Persistence vs Pride
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:05 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

As the title states it clearly , i am having a bit of an issue with either being persistent or preserve ones pride.
You see i came to understand that sometimes persistence even when a woman states negative responses can make you win . For ex, my ex told me that a needy guy used to stalk her and beg her announcing his love for her. She said that even when i refused he kept trying and that deep inside her she wanted to say yes , because he was relentless. RSD Max talks about being persistent and patient as well as other examples i found in this forum.

But on the other hand , you can't feel but remember your pride and ego and that fact you shouldn't be needy. So, especially when i am gaming online ; i find girls acting rude or not answering my calls , i feel the need to just drop them and move on, there are plenty of women outside .

What's your catch on that ?

Post subject: Re: Persistence vs Pride
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:16 pm 
The Grand Puba

There's always the story of the guy who keeps trying and trying and trying and eventually the girl gives in. It does happen and I've seen it happen. The problem with the outcome is investment. He gets the girl and now he'll put up with any type of SPAM to keep the girl. It's like buying expensive shoes and the moment they get scuffed, you want to do whatever you can to get the scuff out...but with cheap shoes, you'll probably think that it was no big loss.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with persistence if you understand what you're getting yourself into and are smart enough to recognize when something is never going to happen.

Post subject: Re: Persistence vs Pride
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I share the same idea as you , whenever i feel that things will not move forward better let it go . I have annihilated the neediness in me and i am never dependent on the outcome so i am cool . Its just that women seems to be drawn toward persistent men that's all