Being quirky

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject: Being quirky
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I can be a quirky guy when I get comfortable with people after knowing them for a while. I can be verbally impulsive and it makes me say random things when I start a conversation or during a conversation. I can also be unintentionally socially awkward at times. When people get to know me and like me, they laugh at my quirkiness and find it amusing. Some people lightheartedly tell me that I’m weird. Even though I say unintentionally funny things, I’m also a very witty person and people think I’m intelligent. People know that they can also take me seriously because I am able to communicate in a mature and professional manner. It’s almost like an on-off switch, except I’m sometimes unintentionally verbally impulsive or socially awkward. In a way, I sometimes come off as a clown. No one looks down on me though, and no one is abusive towards me. People still show me respect. Aside from my quirky behavior, I’m never rude and I never get aggressive. I come off as laid-back, talkative and happy.

At work and elsewhere, before I bring out my quirkiness, people think I’m quiet and shy and don’t have much to say. I can make small talk perfectly fine, but people tend not to be too interested in talking to me and they don’t show much enthusiasm towards me unless I bring my quirky personality out. I basically act like a “normal” person. I’ve found that after I reveal my quirkiness, people tend to like me a lot and want to be friends. It’s worked well for me in the workplace. However, I don’t know how it’ll work in the dating world. I’ve suppressed my quirky behavior in the dating world because I don’t know how it will affect me. I’m also out of college, so I don’t know how older women (who are in their mid 20s and older) will respond to my behavior. I don’t want to come off as immature or childish.

How do women who are in their mid 20s and older usually feel about quirky guys? How do they feel about unintentionally funny social awkwardness and randomness? If a woman’s first impression of me was seeing my quirky personality, would she immediately friendzone me? Would she see me as just a clown or a source of entertainment? Or could she see me as a guy who she could potentially date or be attracted to? Can quirkiness ever be an attractive trait?

Post subject: Re: Being quirky
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:51 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
How do women who are in their mid 20s and older usually feel about quirky guys? How do they feel about unintentionally funny social awkwardness and randomness? If a woman’s first impression of me was seeing my quirky personality, would she immediately friendzone me? Would she see me as just a clown or a source of entertainment? Or could she see me as a guy who she could potentially date or be attracted to? Can quirkiness ever be an attractive trait?
You're fine. The answer to your question is to hit the field and find out. But do you. Don't modify your quirkiness too much; be comfortable in yourself. Your piercing eye contact, body language and DEMEANOR are more than enough for her to realize that you are not there to be her gay shopping buddy.