Public speaking classes

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject: Public speaking classes
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:34 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys.

Just wondering if anyone has participated in public speaking classes to help build their confidence and overcome some of their anxiety.
I am a very shy individual who dosent have much to say about anything and when i do want to share some information generally to shy to do so... especially in social situations and obviously the more people paying attention to me the more anxious i become.
Id like to get over this fear and become a good communicator. It wont only help me with women but also job interviews and just generally dealing with people. Is the best method facing the fear head on and just diving into the deep end by doing something totally out of your comfort zone i.e. public speaking classes or to slowly build up to where you want to be confidence wise?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:26 pm 
Dedicated Member

Hey man,

I have found that with any sort of fear or event you are anxious about, doing it over and over will make you more immune to it. I grew up with a slight case of social anxiety which made me very nervous in front of strangers and groups. I would generally keep to myself and say very little. By going out and forcing yourself to be social, such as the class you mention, will actually help. The only problem I found is that you always need to move forward against your shyness. You will soon become comfortable socially in the classroom setting but in other situations will still be shy. So this class can be a stepping stone. You can take the class, then take another, then go out to social places solo and continuously push your nerves until you get over your shyness. Just don't think this class alone will fix all your problems.