Any advices for watches?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Any advices for watches?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:54 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I have never been a watch enthusiast or anything like that and was hoping to find a watch in the 200-400 range. Anyone have any suggestions on what looks good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Go to a pawn shop and pick out a few watches that you like then offer them about half of the sticker price and see if you can walk away with a decent watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:03 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

It depends a lot on what your overall style is like. If you are smart, then you have to go for a classic style (think Rolex but cheaper).

Should you be more "cool and young" then perhaps something like Tokyo Flash http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/1/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:32 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I LOVE my watch, and use it as a bit of a prop when in set, it's completely useless and is pitch black so it's a good way to make fun of myself, buying it because it looks "cool" rather than using it to tell time, and usually opens up silly things that they have bought or done in their life.

no need to spend ££££ on a watch imo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:22 pm 
Dedicated Member

I would say it depends on whether you want to splash all that cash on one watch, or get a few.

A nice attractive silver-metal watch is quite flexible and will go with most outfits. If you're only going to get one, I'd go with that.

Personally, I tend to spend less per watch, but buy a few. If you do this, buy a number of lather-strap watches with different coloured leather. I then match the watch to my shoes/belt as this really complements an outfit and shows great attention to detail. I've got one quite expensive black-leather-strap watch which I wear with suits and formal stuff. I've got a cheaper black-leather-strap watch which I wear if I'm perhaps going for a night out wearing smart jeans and black shoes or something similar (although I don't wear this watch a lot to be fair). And then I've got a brown-leather-strap watch which cost me £19.99 from River Island but is by far my favourite - I wear brown desert boots/shoes a lot, so this gets a lot of use. It also gets quite a lot of complements, as it tends to bring out my belt and shoes and really complete the outfit. This also goes to show that an expensive watch is not a necessity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:30 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

My watch is a 150$ citizen watch. It is all golden and shiny. It does the job which is.... give time? No, grab attention because it looks like a 500$+ watch. It doesn't look like a pimp watch either so I guess it's perfect for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

ive got an awesome silver Nixon watch with a white face, cost like $250. looks good with literally everything i wear, and girls love to comment on it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:54 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Your watch has to fit YOU. Make sure it's the right size for your wrist. If your drop a fortune on a brand name and it looks on you like a saddle on a steer, you are missing the point.

What "look" are you going for?
Formal/semi-formal look will go better with conservative, old school watch. If you are going for outrageous new age, look for more "bling."

Go to an upscale store and try a few. Write down the names of watches you like. Look for them on amazon (you can get 70% off) or similar styles that would look just as good.

I personally prefer stainless bracelets over leather since they last longer and look better. Be aware that poorly made bracelets tend to remove hair from your wrist in rather unorthodox fashion.

Hope this helps.
Al

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:47 am 
New to MPUA Forum

If you want something really flashy for peacocking you should check out skeleton watches. Skeleton watches are watches that you can see the gears moving on. But they are really, really tacky. Youtube skeleton watch to see it in motion buy it only if you don't mind the hardcore wrist peacocking. Another options is you could get a watch that has glow in the dark hands and dial. Glow in the dark will be nice if you are sarging at a club or really anywhere that is dark. It's subtler and surely it will catch the eye. Make sure to give it sunlight so that it glows nice and bright in the darkness.

Some classic looking watch brands that are not too expensive are Citizen or Seiko among many others.
Check this one out that I'm going to buy my dad for Christmas.
http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNDB05-Two- ... +men+seiko

Here are some others that are my taste:
http://www.amazon.com/Prague-Gold-tone- ... ague+watch
http://www.amazon.com/Lucien-Piccard-11 ... iccard+men

I think Russian military watches are fantastic:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RUSSIAN-VOS ... 4d04f20566
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3133-POLJOT-CHR ... 43b5d54da7

If you get your hands on this one I will love you. Like seriously envy you:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLJOT-OKEAN-RU ... 2a25f18045

I hope my tastes were similar as yours, but if you want some of other people's options:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthrea ... 733&page=1
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/lets-s ... s-364.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Women don't care how much you spent on a watch. They don't notice or even know the difference. The style is the only thing that matters and whether it fits your look. Trendy leather/rubber watches offer you more color options for peacocking and women will notice that. Men are the only ones who notice expensive metal watches. Showing that you're confident and have a sense of fashion is way more impressive than showing you wasted a ton of money on a watch that looks just like everyone else's.

Look for yellows, reds, and blues.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Brands might be important. ie if you have a ferrari it will help you get laid. but if you don't own a car it doesn't mean you don't. it also doesn't mean you get laid if you have a ferrari.
it just helps.
Not even going to mention the importance of style there's many posts about it.

A tip if you don't care and want to save some money. Use FAKES. I have a huge collection of replicas. I'm 100% sure people can't tell the difference from the original. Sure they are great replicas and still cost a lot of money but only a fraction of the original. NO ONE will tell the difference.

I often send my watches to repair in some local stores, sometimes they ask me things like, "hey, where did you got this? this is a rare model not often seen around" and things like that.
They repair it and don't even have a clue that is just a replica. and I have loads of known brands like omega seiko etc.

It's all about perception.

About what to use, just avoid cheap mainstream stuff. Use what it looks great for you.
I've rarely started conversations like, "hey may I see your watch?" but have done it a few times. I own a few odd watches, like some hand made steampunk that are really amazing. sometimes woman ask about it.

But really, you don't need any watch to pick up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:19 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I think watches are cool, less and less people wear them nowadays.
It's something "different" I think.
I wear a silver watch - Think silver is a neutral color in terms of jewellery.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:54 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

To me, guady metal watches are played out. That's from the 1990's. Even the big ghetto ones with all the jewels is early 2000s bling bling shit. It's now a new decade. Every human being owns a cellphone that has a clock on it, so watches are merely a formality. I wear a watch witha wide leather strap as mainly a bracelet-type thing. But wearing a Citizen watch like my dad use to wear...you might as well start tucking in your polo shirt and wear a belt with your jean shorts and head back to 1994 wear you belong.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

My style is more laidback and easygoing so I choose g-shock watches. Nothing too flashy, but they get the job done. Women dig it. I'm also only 18, and I wouldn't wear a g-shock to a wedding or anything.

Obviously if you're looking for something more flashy get a designer watch.

To see the one I wear just google "gshock black metallic watch" and it'll be the first link that comes up for Macy's or Zumiez.

I don't know your style or what kind of watch you're actually looking for, but this is just my preference.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Poljot Watches are fantastic. But expensive. :)