PM's

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Technical Issues & Suggestions

Post subject: PM's
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:07 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

not that i get allot of PM's anymore but i was wondering if you could make some way of know that you have received a PM besides you having to check your email

as making the PM box glowing red or something or maybe putting (1) next to it and when it is empty a (0)

you know just to make the msging going on more effectively

If your going to question me, you better have a theory behind your argument.

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
-Harvey Fierstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:43 pm 

When you get a new PM, you get a pop-up notification if you visit this site. I have a pop-up blocker, but my browser informs me whenever it blocks a pop-up, so I know when I get a PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:41 am 
PUA Forum Leader

As a habit I just ignore my pop up blocker notification because I just assume it is advertisement, and my pop up blocker doesn't tell me what it is blocking. I think a red glowing "private message" tab or a (1) next to "private message" would be a good idea. I've noticed that most people take like a week to get back to me through pms, because that don't notice them until they check their email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:56 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
When you get a new PM, you get a pop-up notification if you visit this site. I have a pop-up blocker, but my browser informs me whenever it blocks a pop-up, so I know when I get a PM.
I'm using Safari and neither of the above scenarios are true for me. I've also tried using Explorer, and yes, I was getting PMs. There are just no notifications for me at all.

I'm sorry to revive this old thread, but I want to push this idea of making a number next to the Private Messages title or possibly make it glow red.

The reason I bring this up is because I received a PM from someone way back in early December and I didn't check my PMs until recently. I understand this was obviously my own fault, but I feel bad that I wasn't able to respond in time to help him out. I just think if there was some sort of better notification it would help prevent this from happening to anyone else... until then,I'll be checking my PMs regularly :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:57 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
The reason I bring this up is because I received a PM from someone way back in early December and I didn't check my PMs until recently.
Same thing happened to me. I feel bad because I wasn't trying to ignore anybody, but I'm sure from their perspective they thought I was.