skinny wimp

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: skinny wimp
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:54 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

whats up guys

I've decided to get into the whole fitness thing
after numerous insults and getting teased on
for being so skinny for my whole life, plus anxiety attack issues. I'm 5'10 and 134lbs (yea! omg!).
Honestly I can eat what I want but no matter how
fattening it is I dont gain anything.

My diet usually consists of

breakfast: 2 bowls of cereal with cookies and bananna.Or 2 waffles
with cookies and bananna again. Im not that hungry in the mornings...

lunch:(i eat alot) pizzas, orange chicken (whole plate with teriyaki and broccali), tortas from mexican
resteraunt, whole chicken meals from kfc.

dinner: usually same as lunch

I sometimes have 2 sandwiches between both breakfast to lunch and lunch to dinner.
I drink a lot of milk everyday, and I eat a lot of chocolate.
Thats my life. Usually 6-10 hour shifts of work everyday. Going to gym is out of the question
as I have no time, and no motivation to go anyways.(Ive tried and ended up paying
for nothing).

So if anyone can steer me in the right direction with home
workouts or something I'd really appreciate it =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:08 am 
Dedicated Member

This is ridiculous, im 5'11, Exact same weight as you, i have no clue what to do and how to get started on it either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:38 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

The first thing to do is realize even though it may seem like you are eating a lot, you aren't.

The second thing I want you to do is count your daily calories for a week - both to prove my previous point and to see where you need to go from here.

What kind of exercise do you do if any?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:04 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

To be honest, your diet's shit, and isn't as calorie high as you probably think.

Gaining/maintaining/losing weight and shape is about your macro nutrients and sleep, along with a good training program.

Your protein source is so minimal there it's unreal.

You should start eating meat, poultry and fish, with 80% of your food a day.

Protein shakes would be a good thing for you too, extra protein and calories.

Drink milk, a lot of it, good for you in every aspect.

Get on a training program called 5 x 5 stronglifts, tried and tested! Google it.

: Blog entries@ http://kennyspuathoughts.wordpress.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
To be honest, your diet's shit, and isn't as calorie high as you probably think.

Gaining/maintaining/losing weight and shape is about your macro nutrients and sleep, along with a good training program.

Get on a training program called 5 x 5 stronglifts, tried and tested! Google it.
Follow everything this bloke has said, it's good advice. Just pointing out that you say you work 10 hours a day, every day... well you're probably awake for 16, so I'm sure you can find the time to gym. Stronglifts requires about an hour, 3x a week. If you can't spare that, you don't really want to get into fitness after all.

If you lack motivation, there is PLENTY here - find what works for you:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=311

If you want results, I'd definitely recommend Stronglifts 5x5. I followed a variant of it and made brilliant progress, and there are some phenomenal success stories out there.

http://stronglifts.com/

I'd also recommend the book 'Starting Strength' by Mark Rippetoe. You don't necessarily need to follow the program outlined within it (I prefer Stronglifts), but it's got an excellent description of how to perform all the exercises you will need.

Oh, and yes... EAT MORE, and EAT BETTER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:10 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Quote:

Follow everything this bloke has said, it's good advice. Just pointing out that you say you work 10 hours a day, every day... well you're probably awake for 16, so I'm sure you can find the time to gym. Stronglifts requires about an hour, 3x a week. If you can't spare that, you don't really want to get into fitness after all.

If you lack motivation, there is PLENTY here - find what works for you:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=311

If you want results, I'd definitely recommend Stronglifts 5x5. I followed a variant of it and made brilliant progress, and there are some phenomenal success stories out there.

http://stronglifts.com/

I'd also recommend the book 'Starting Strength' by Mark Rippetoe. You don't necessarily need to follow the program outlined within it (I prefer Stronglifts), but it's got an excellent description of how to perform all the exercises you will need.

Oh, and yes... EAT MORE, and EAT BETTER.
Thanks mate. I've been training for a few years now, building my knowledge, and seeing what works for me and others, and what I posted is basically what I've experienced, I've experienced more too.

Your a personal trainer right?

A lot of people I know have been scared to follow stronglifts because they don't want to get "big" but in my opinion, getting big comes from training. If protein is high, carbs and fat at a balanced level, for me, medium carbs, medium/low fat, you wont get big, if anything it can lean you up, because pushing heavy, and always lifting more, pushes you past your boundaries and comfort zone.

Get the diet right, training will follow, believed it, and seen it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:04 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks mate. I've been training for a few years now, building my knowledge, and seeing what works for me and others, and what I posted is basically what I've experienced, I've experienced more too.

Your a personal trainer right?

A lot of people I know have been scared to follow stronglifts because they don't want to get "big" but in my opinion, getting big comes from training. If protein is high, carbs and fat at a balanced level, for me, medium carbs, medium/low fat, you wont get big, if anything it can lean you up, because pushing heavy, and always lifting more, pushes you past your boundaries and comfort zone.

Get the diet right, training will follow, believed it, and seen it.
No, not a personal trainer, just someone who's been through much the same as you. I find it hilarious that people get scared of becoming 'too big' - you don't exactly just wake up looking like Arnold one day. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:18 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

well ive got no problem with getting too big haha. Yea ok
ill look into getting back to gym then.
Just today the calorie intake was 1595 so im guessing
I need to take in a lot more. Its safe to start a diet of 2500 tomorrow right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:31 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Thought so.

If you want to make decent gains you're gonna need 3000+ calories daily, especially if you're lifting weights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:34 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes, it's safe. Just consider the following:

500 calories excess -> Good gains, some bodyfat put on
1000 calories excess -> Brilliant gains, more bodyfat put on

Since you're very skinny, I'd still go with the 1000 calorie excess - just be warned that when you do reach desired muscle mass, you'll need to go on a heavy cut if you want to appear lean, as opposed to a less drastic cut if you had gone with a smaller excess. A cut, btw, is where you seek to reduce bodyfat but not muscle, typically through lowering calories or switching to a low-carbohydrate diet.

Good luck!

EDIT: Ninja'd
Quote:

If you want to make decent gains you're gonna need 3000+ calories daily, especially if you're lifting weights.
This will be true in the future... as you put on muscle your required maintenance will go up, so after a month or two of training you will want to notch up the calories to 3000+.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

alright cool...ive got no problem taking in more I love food.
I'll see how it goes then.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, it's safe. Just consider the following:

500 calories excess -> Good gains, some bodyfat put on
1000 calories excess -> Brilliant gains, more bodyfat put on

Since you're very skinny, I'd still go with the 1000 calorie excess - just be warned that when you do reach desired muscle mass, you'll need to go on a heavy cut if you want to appear lean, as opposed to a less drastic cut if you had gone with a smaller excess. A cut, btw, is where you seek to reduce bodyfat but not muscle, typically through lowering calories or switching to a low-carbohydrate diet.

Good luck!

EDIT: Ninja'd
Quote:

This will be true in the future... as you put on muscle your required maintenance will go up, so after a month or two of training you will want to notch up the calories to 3000+.
Agree, and the end of the day, your type of gains will be determined what foods are eaten. Your body will develop fairly quick if your new to a good training program and good diet, within 3 months you'll see brilliant changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:03 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

1000 calories a week diet. google it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:

I totally agree with Chelios. I was in a similar situation as the original poster. I was 5'11 hovering around the low 140's only a few months ago. I talked to various people and the general agreement was that my calorie intake was much too low to gain weight, even though I felt like I ate a lot of food. I started eating more, which is difficult at first, I was literally force feeding myself. I also started taking a high calorie protein shake inbetween my first two meals, and one after I worked out. I've been working out an hour a day 3-4 days per week. It's only been a few months and I've just surpassed the 160 mark and continuing to gain. Eat eat eat, and do at least some basic weight training and you will put on pounds. Don't make it more complicated than it has to be. If you have no idea how what to do at the gym hire a personal trainer, even if it's only for a session or two they can show you what to do and outline a basic routine for you.

Post subject: NerDz traning program
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:24 am 
New to MPUA Forum

You really don't have to go to the gym if you don't have the time. If you want to get 'buff' it is not required for you to go and anywhere or to spend money. I don't have anything against going to the gym but sometimes you just really don't have the time for it. I have one easy training program that I have used to train for the last 6,5 months. It becomes effective after only 1 month, I've gained 7 kg muscle mass by this.

NerDz training program:
Morning pass - 15 push-ups, 50 sit-ups.

After work/school pass - 25 push-ups, 75 sit-ups, 40 - 60 minutes (based on your own time limit) on the bicycle or running and if you have weights at home do some exercises with them.

Before bed pass - 15 push-ups, 50 sit-ups and once again some weight exercises.

Believe me, this works :D Hahahaha, it is effective as hell. But for this to work YOU need to follow it and have some self discipline. YOU also need to eat a bit more :wink: