Guy skin care

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: Guy skin care
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:03 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

What sort of skin care should guys have and to what extent is acceptable before people question your sexuality? (acne control, moisturiser, exfoiliating creams etc)

And is it DLV to be known to care for your skin as much as women do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Taking care of my skin is important to me. I have accomplished a lot from taking fish oils zinc and multivitamins everyday and also using clearsil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:07 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

plastering your face with beauty products is acceptable but definitely not manly.

as long as you do not get self conscious and stay 100% self centered, it don't matter if you got the skin of Danny Trejo or Tommy Lee Jones.
god loves you the way you were made, a goddess can do so too..just don't tax her visual and olfactory system too much by looking and smelling like a vagabond.

many women don't like men (wussies) who are too much into skin care..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:09 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

does anyone use Proactive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:02 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Ok, first of all taking care of yourself (f.e. skin) has got nothing to do with your orientation. The stupidest thing you can ever hear is "are you gay"? That is just nonsense. Think about it, do you reckon girls are more attracted to someone who has a nice clean face or to someone who looks like a pimplevillage just because he doesn't use anything that "might make them gay". Last time i checked one is gay when they like men not when they take care of themselves. If you use as many different things as Christian Bale in American Psycho it might come off as weird, but that's their problem, not yours.

As for myself, i use something against acnes or too moist skin. It depends on what do you want to accomplish or control with your hygiene.

Lastly, i saw a workshop of Adam Lyons in which he told that the most important thing girls find to be a dealbreaker (or the first impression you get) is lack of hygiene on the behalf of the pua.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:47 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Ok, first of all taking care of yourself (f.e. skin) has got nothing to do with your orientation. The stupidest thing you can ever hear is "are you gay"? That is just nonsense. Think about it, do you reckon girls are more attracted to someone who has a nice clean face or to someone who looks like a pimplevillage just because he doesn't use anything that "might make them gay". Last time i checked one is gay when they like men not when they take care of themselves. If you use as many different things as Christian Bale in American Psycho it might come off as weird, but that's their problem, not yours.

As for myself, i use something against acnes or too moist skin. It depends on what do you want to accomplish or control with your hygiene.

Lastly, i saw a workshop of Adam Lyons in which he told that the most important thing girls find to be a dealbreaker (or the first impression you get) is lack of hygiene on the behalf of the pua.
What do you use against acnes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Myself I use almost the complete line of Dermalogica, not cheap, but a awesome product! And it lasts very long. Here in Europe it's a bit hard to find, usually only at a beautician. I know that there are stores in the bigger cities in the US.

Btw, before you start buying this, go and visit a beautician to ask what's the best for you to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:45 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I use Garnier Skin Naturals (either pore purifying toner or gel). Works as a charm at least for me. A week or so and my face is all clean again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:37 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:24 am 
Dedicated Member

I'm pretty feminine with my skin care but it's socially acceptable now days. Guys get their eye brows tinted, fake tan etc. It's just another step to making yourself look better, the same reason you go to the gym.

I don't wear make up though, but I have used a mans concealer to cover a fat spot on a big night. Not ashamed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm pretty feminine with my skin care but it's socially acceptable now days. Guys get their eye brows tinted, fake tan etc. It's just another step to making yourself look better, the same reason you go to the gym.

I don't wear make up though, but I have used a mans concealer to cover a fat spot on a big night. Not ashamed.
I use concealer all the time, my male friends joke about it, then I ask them how many girls they meet on a average night out, that usually shuts them up.

My eyebrows are a bit to thick, so I'm even considering to have them adjusted. I already have my chest and shoulders waxed regularly. Baby lotion for my bald head.

Oh and I visit the solar center to keep the white of my skin (I live in Ireland, there is no sun here).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:16 am 
Dedicated Member

Yeah agree MrDriver here. Nothing 'gay' or 'feminine' about looking after your skin. I've also used concealer a fair bit if I've got a particularly bad break out that I want to hide whilst it's clearing up. Whilst Neyos is correct in that bad skin doesn't necessarily mean bad results with women, it's the same as anything - you've got to be the best you can be. If you've got bad genes/hormones and get loads of spots, you can reduce and limit, but probably not solve completely until your hormones calm down; have to get over it. But most acne can be treated or at least kept under control to an extent where it doesn't really make much of a difference.

I use African Black Soap on my face, and Oxy 10 cream on spots when they appear. The Oxy 10 is brilliant, the only over the counter thing that works on me. Maybe don't use if you've got dry skin, but I'm normally quite oily so it is fine.

One thing to point out as well though is that sometimes, not using too much can be better for your face. I've gone through spells where I've used scrubs, moisturisers, peels, steamed my face, used blackhead clearing washes, normal spot washes, oil control washes, various other things, usually all at the same time. Some have worked, some haven't. I'm now getting older, so that obviously helps as well, but I do think that using just the organic african black soap and oxy 10 when needed, nothing else (maybe a bit of moisturiser if I get dry skin after a shave or something like that), it has helped my skin settle a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:43 am 
Dedicated Member

Basically I use as part of a normal routine:

1. Cleanser twice a day - basically cleans and removes greasyness. I have fairly oily skin. Plus makes you look less dull.

2. After a shave I then use a face scrub twice a week, it's basically a more intense version of above

3. Sometimes I'll apply something with salicylic acid if I have a lot of blackheads or a break out.

4. Moisturise. My face gets really dry to the point where you can see dry skin flaking off when I get out of the shower.

My routine changes often. Thinking of adding a bronzer with the moisturiser to add a tan to my face.

Sometimes at night I'll put Sudocrem on my face until morning, keeps the pours closed to stop blackheads forming over night (we sweat a lot in sleep).

And as said above, sometimes less is more. I give my face a day to breath (always use moisturiser though) and have a product free day. Usually when I don't plan on going out.

Go on youtube and search for "mens skin care with ross". I'm fairly sure the guy is gay and he has great skin and great tips.

Also if you do a search on here for skin care, a few months ago I put a more detailed routine with recommended products. And Google Clinique men and they have a 3 step thing which is great to start you off with.

Post subject: Guy Skin Care
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:30 am 
New to MPUA Forum

The Only Skin Care Guaranteed to work is Rodan + Fields. The Drs. that created ProActiv offer the only dermatology based skincare available online w/a 60 day $ back guarantee & less than 2% return rate. The Soothe line is Excellent for razor burn or sensitive skin. All of their products have over the counter strength meds that are layered to give script results w/out a trip to their office. What they did for acne they are now doing for anti-aging,sun damage, sensitive skin & acne. Their AMP MD MicroDerm roller is great for acne scarring. It's a ground floor company and will dominate the skincare market. You have to have a rep's name to order on their site Kristi Willis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Using lotion and other skin care products is not gay, but in my opinion, makeup is metrosexual or gay. Lotion and makeup are not the same, but serve the same purpose. As always, when talking about these subjects with a girl, the impression you give is dependent on how you talk. Say that you know everything about lotion and makeup, you start comparing honey with aloe vera, or Maxfactor vs Schwartzkopf. That is gay. I could use 10 different hygiene products for my face instead of my current 2-3 and still neg women for their ridiculous "honey-chocolate-milk-silk-q10-regenerating-refreshing-4eva_young-lotion". It's a defense mechanism if I need to talk about the subject :)

I treat acne and (shaving)wounds with a salve called Hydrocortison 2,5%.
"It may be used topically for allergic rashes, eczema, psoriasis and certain other inflammatory skin conditions."
(Source: Wikipedia -> Cortisol -> Pharmacology)
What I experienced, it removes everything in 0-3 days. The instructions recommend not to use it for over 10 days in a row, since it will erode the skin a bit, but I have never used it for more than a couple of days, since it is _pure magic_ ...I never even tried those commercial anti-acne products.

So my 3 face products would be Hydrocortisone for wounds, some basic non-odor lotion for dry skin and after-shave balm. In the end, it is more likely for a chick to notice bad skin and get freaked out than good skin and moralizing for being gay.

(This is my first english post in ages, hope I'm not too confusing with my theories :) )