Building mass/strength around knee

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:07 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Just a quick question for those in the know. Noticing my legs are building up at a steady rate APART from around my knee (thigh side). Anybody have any good advice as to how to build up those muscles specifically?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Are you on about the tear drop shaped muscle?

Like pictured?

As well as squats. High rep leg extensions. 12 - 15. Double leg, single leg mix it up. Place your foot towards the outside of the pad to emphasise the tear drop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:57 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah the Vastus Medialis mainly but also the lower end of the Vastus Lateralis.

I already have leg extensions in my main routine, is it best to keep large movements or focus on end range? Main reason I am trying to build it up is to strengthen my knee as a whole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:53 pm 
Dedicated Member

Yeah as mentioned squats (most important exersize) high weight 5 sets 8-12 reps(60-90 sec rest)

(You mentioned strength if your valuing strength purely over size of muscle then its a lower weight, quick burst through your reps and your reps should be above 15 4 sets)

Leg Presses (as mentioned before decide on whether your valuing size or strength)

And as mentioned leg extensions with both legs followed by one legs follwing 8-112 reps 5 sets

Weighted lunges using a small platform to step off (8-15kg in each hand) 10 lunges on each leg

Oh and if your in the u.k. I would consider buying this product to gain fast size whilst its on offer 6.8kg bag for £45 ( not a sales guy, I just know a good deal when I see one :P )
http://www.musclefinesse.com/shop/categ ... 683/detail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:43 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Been using mutant product for few months and definitely packing on size, would also recommend it. Also whats in your post-workout shake?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:36 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Normally I just turn my feet to the outside/inside for whatever leg workout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

If your building mass everywhere else but around the knee that is not so much an indicator of doing the wrong exercises or workouts but that you are most likely not doing a complete range of motion. So on those leg extensions squeeze hard and lock out at the top, and go ass to calves low on squats/leg press. That should engage your knees better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

To strengthen legs, you can use some methods, such as do exercise regularly, massage or walk.

For example massage:

It is an effective method for promoting nutrient circulation toward weak muscles. Thus it can efficiently alleviate swelling and inflammation as well as pain. Moreover, massage is well-known for being excellent at relieving anxiety and stress and helping you relax [8].

Follow some steps below:

-Warm up some essential oil such as mustard, coconut or olive.
-Gently massage your weak legs using those warm oils for about 15 minutes.
-Perform twice per day.

Another methods is walking:
You should practice walking for at least 5 times per week with about 30 minutes each time. In case you are having trouble walking, it is best to consult the doctor for supportive advice.

Besides walking, other activities such as jogging, running, biking, swimming or trekking also bring similar benefits therefore you can diverse your schedule for weekly activities.

Source: https://authorityremedies.com/how-to-st ... weak-legs/