Weekly exercise schedule

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: Weekly exercise schedule
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:59 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hello,

This is what I do each week:
Day 1: Salsa lessons
Day 2: Body pump class
Day 3: Salsa lessons
Day 4: Body pump class
Day 5: Weight lifting session. Either arms or chest and back
Day 6: Basketball game
Day 7: OFF

I know I am getting fitter and more toned but I think I am losing muscle from arms, chest and back but I think legs are actually doing better.

Do you think I should continue with this and eventually some muscle will be gained or should I change/add more weight lifting sessions?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:29 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Yea, do some hardcore weightlifting at least two days a week. Upper body one day, then lower body three days later. You'll bulk up and lose fat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

If you only do one day of fitness, do a full body workout with all the big core exercises. I don't know what you train with body pump and all that shit, but I would recommend you to get used to doing bench press (or dumbell press if that's your thing), overhead press, squats, deadlifts, chin/lat ups on the same day. That's going to be a hell of a day though (I've done these days and they always leave me completely exhausted). I recommend going 2, or ideally 3, days to the gym and split it up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 pm 

Quote:
Do you think I should continue with this and eventually some muscle will be gained or should I change/add more weight lifting sessions?
your question depends on your diet more then this excersise routine, excersise is simply the catalyst that helps your body synthesize nutrients more efficently, you tear them up and your body uses the nutrients consumed daily to repair them, if you want to gain muscle you will have to exert stress on your muscles to 80% of their capacity to encourage a good level of muscle hytrophy, and on top of that you will have to be eating in a caloric surplus

you can not gain muscle and lose weight at the same time unless you are currently obese, and if you lose too much weight too fast (to much of a caloric deficit from your BMR) and are not getting enough protein daily, you will lose muscle mass
Quote:
Any suggestions?
if you are interested in changing your body, check out some websites on how to change your body composition or sign up to a body building forum, you can also hire a personal trainer at a gym

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

eat 20 grams of protein at least in every meal. Eat lean healthy food also do not loose more then 2 pounds a week anymore and you will end up loosing muscle mass and bone density.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This is what I do at weekends, I try to do it every weekend if there is no other important matter to be attend or involve.
I do swimming at every weekend, swimming in the evening is my favorite weekend activity. And for week days I do morning cardio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:30 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

You're losing muscle because of all those salsa dancing lessons. Unless its really a passion of yours, I suggest limiting it to once a week and replacing those other days with weightlifting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Using a large exercise ball--place the ball against the wall and then stand with your back to the ball-press your body weight into the ball so it does not roll away-squat sit down without putting too much pressure on your knees- don't squat down too far. Try 10-20 repetitions rest and repeat-this should tone your legs and buttocks.
Contract your ab. muscles as you come to the standing position. That will help to train the ab. muscle to stay tightened.--Good luck!

Post subject: Great for losing weight
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:58 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

hi....
Thank you for sharing with us. Nice and amazing tips and advices these will really useful for me as i want to lose some weight. I admire its so many important for a young ones. Your tips are golden and much appreciated......thanks for nice sharing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:16 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Here are 8 basic rules for weight training:
-The ideal program includes a minimum of 3 days weights, and up to 5 or even 6.
-These sessions should be 40-60 minutes. No less, and certainly not more. At the end of that time, you should be well and truly shattered.
-There are many approaches to weight training, and I’m not going to get into them all here. What I will tell you is that if ‘getting lean’ is your goal, then one of the best approaches is to ‘superset’ (alternate with no rest) between upper and lower body exercises. This stimulates the release of muscle building and fat burning hormones.
-Rest time after each superset should be 60-90 seconds.
-If you’re pushing yourself hard enough, a good weights session should have your heart racing, and leave you fairly sweaty.
-Circuit sessions are also excellent for fitness and for fat loss. This requires 3-6 exercises, ideally targeting different body parts, and all performed back to back. Rest for around 2 minutes (less if your recovery is good), and repeat 3-4 times.
-Always remember to warm-up (by performing the first set of each exercise with no or low weight), and cool down (stretching) before and after each weights session.
-It goes without saying that you should only choose exercises you are comfortable with, and confident that you can perform correctly. You may like to check out my post How To Design Your Own Fail-Safe Exercise.