The yes philosophy.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

Post subject: The yes philosophy.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:22 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

It's terrible to model your perspective on life after such an awful movie, but it has its one valid point. I'm talking about Jim Carrey's latest movie, by the way. I digress. Do things according to the mere fact that you can always get something out of everything. If you keep an open mind you will always be learning and improving yourself in one way or another. Say yes to everything. Do everything. Know everything. Experience everything.

Over Christmas break between semsters a girl friend of mine came home from her college. She asked me to go jogging with her, eating, etc. Her and I are on a basis of friendship but that never deterred me from hanging out with her. Firstly, don't just use people. I enjoyed her company but moreover I can learn from her because we had gotten pretty close and she began to tell me things that I wouldn't normally hear from a girl. Jogging sounds like an awful idea in 20 degree weather, but I would go, and we would tlak. I was given the opportunity to know her better and more importantly get a better idea of how women think. If I ever need dating advice, because we don't have a romantic connection, she will give me her objective and unbiased advice if I need it.

Let me give you a brief history of Camouflage. I grew up without a mom and without sisters. By high school I was intimidated by women and put them on a pedestal so I gave you a personal example of what I needed, which was a friend who was a girl.

IN SUMMATION always do and stop thinking. If you have nothing better to do than comply to the invite from the friend who you'd really prefer not to be around, be around them anyway. Go and learn something. Explore their personality. Learn about people and what makes them tick.

Your attractive lifestyle will come through experiences and kindling interests which you didn't know existed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Great post.

Always be willing to do whatever, DONT JUST SIT ON YOUR ASS!! The 'yes man' thing and your post remind me of what some of my friends came up with on a long trip abroad. They called it DW Sqaured or dw^2. It means down with whatever and is a fun philosophy to live your life by.

OH and a couple of them even got dw^2 tattooed on them... Awesome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:39 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I am living the yes man philosophy. It is most excellent. It will push your comfort zone, which will build confidence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:45 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Theirs some latin (italian maby?) saying

"Rather one day as a lion then one hundred as a sheep"

Not really the same thing but (hell the traditional meaning is different from my understanding).. Think about it, how many days do you remember when you sat on your ass and did shit? None for me. The days you remember, and are pround of are the ones you said YES and did somthing. I still remember when i somhow dunked a ball in 8th grade, i remember slugging an asshole in the face when 3 of his friends were with him- having the balls to go do stuff is the most valuable thing. One day saying yes then 100 saying no (ohhh im gona publish that)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:00 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: Cognitive_dissidents23
AOL: Samloyal23
Twitter: Samloyal23
I LOVED this movie, it was way better than I thought it would be. Do everything and embrace life. Be fearless, stop making excuses, start living your life, start being fun, open, accepting, and generous...