What are some cheap or free hobbies?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:29 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

I really wanted to do MMA or someshit but i odnt have the money.

I stay on college campus and shit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:42 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Fitness? All you need is a set of dumbells really...The nutrition can get pretty costy though...I spend about 90€ monthly on that :roll:

But it's a well worth investment, trust me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:30 am 
New to MPUA Forum

u can spend about 150 bucks on a half way decent acoustic guitar if thats something you think youd get into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:54 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Pick-up basketball or football is awesome. Keeps you in shape and you could make a couple chill new friends.

Swoop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:55 pm 
Homewrecker

How about my personal favorite, urban exploration? :D

http://www.infiltration.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:43 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

are you on a sweet campus or a shit campus?

Any decent campus has a weight room- start pumping iorn thats a great hobby

Pick up some sports, pickup games in the gym are mad fun- it doesnt matter if you suck because the 'pros' love showing off skills, keep up good humor about geting owned and its mad fun (i didnt mention a sport because it applies to all sports)

Im going to a shit college right now (transfering soon) and they have open mat wrestling/boxing/mma so i would just ask around (ask guys in tapout shirts and stuff) if they want to spar or if they meet up somwhere-

Meet people- the more people you know the more chances you have for fun shit (rock climbing is big in my college)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:13 am 

As Hobbit says, cooking is great!
I was thinking about starting Free Running. It is active, cool and something to DHV about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Because I have ADD i have possibly too many hobbies.
heres what mine are

photography-its fun and when you get the hang of it you slowly want to get more and more unique pictures, ive gone on 2 day hikes with girls before doing photography with em(not necessarily using them as models). just load up a back pack with essentials and go.

guitar-my first guitar was a $150 jumpstart package. came with guitar and amp. as i get better i bought better and i've played in about 8 different bands before joining the Marines.

going to local *insert music here* shows/seeing local bands- believe it or not, it's the shit. ive been going to them since 1999 when i was only 13 and just kinda went with it. met alot of people and experienced alot of things. this also goes with learning guitar but expand your musical taste. i personally have an ear for everything because i believe music is the epicenter of culture but its all personal taste at some point.

cars- if you have a car you can do something to or you have a project car. granted its not cheap. get it to the level you want and find the motorsports you like. I personally am an autocross fiend. through that i've been involved in a car club within ny for 2 years and have been to numerous states for shows, meet-and-greets and other various car related functions

read many many books-knowledge is power and without knowledge you'll never go anywhere.

drawing-a little harder to master but when you do it becomes a blast, especially when you draw a comical little cartoon on a napkin for your waitress which wins you the number

cooking-my father was a 5 star chef before joining the army, he raised me with a passion and respect for food. pretty easy to cook these days with the pop in the microwave stuff but if you know how to cook the panties fall from the heavens for you

urban exploration-goes with photography

hiking-nothing beats being that close to nature, honestly.

really, all you should do is be a modern renaissance man. the more you know, the more you've experienced, the wiser you are