I need advice

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

Post subject: I need advice
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'd like to apologize in advance if this isn't the right place for this type of question, I thought it would we a good idea to post here since everyone seems to have a fair bit of experience in life.

Let me explain, it all started a few years ago when I decided to quit tennis, since my clear goal was to get a sports scholarship and enter a USA university, this situation drastically changed my life. Ever since I quit, I've felt like I've lost my sense of direction and purpose, I was so focused on training, playing tournaments etc. Since then, I haven't been able to clearly figure out what to do/ invest my time in. Influenced by my parents and mainstream culture I thought the best idea would be to attend a university anyways and give Business Studies with Finance a shot, because hey, that sounds like something I could get rich easily from. Unsurprisingly I dropped out of uni a few months ago and I feel like I'm back at square one, basically having wasted a whole year. This situation of not knowing what to do with my life has gotten so damn frustrating, I'm not sure whether I should travel the world, start a new degree, continue with my current job indefinitely or completely devote myself to game. On one hand I feel like I should focus on finding a path towards wealth, on the other hand I feel like I should be enjoying and discovering life. Everyone says I should do what I love doing, but that's easy to say when you know what you love doing, which I unfortunately don't.

Please let me know what you think about this, hopefully you can help me out a little.

Peace,
Dani.

Post subject: Re: I need advice
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:04 pm 
Dedicated Member

I know a lot of people that go through this and I myself have as well. It took a long time and many intense therapy programs to get me to a good spot.

Life is all about making choices that are congruent with your personal values and working towards something you value every day. The beauty is you can choose it. There are people that choose to tell themselves, there is nothing for them, they don't want to live, etc - that's what leads to suicide. Of course, as easily as you can convince yourself of that, you can convince yourself that there are things out there that you will love, that life is beautiful, that there are things you are passionate about, people to connect with, etc. It takes a while to figure out what you are truly passionate about. Life has a way of putting it in front of us without us realizing it.

I can't tell you what they are, but I can tell you there is something. A few of my values are - eating well, exercising, dating, art, staying educated, psychology, and stock trading. You are currently in a place where, you haven't defined your values and you're not moving on any of them! Get to work!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:59 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Everything in the previous post.

Also if you're physically able to play tennis, why not play? It may help you with your confidence at this point in time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:47 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm really grateful for your advice guys, thank you. I'll take a deep look at my values and start from there. I'll convince my brother to go for a hit one of these days too. If you need someone to talk to here I am, just PM me :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:56 am 
Black Belt

Yeah I advise getting back into tennis but not taking it too seriously. I've lost motivation for my passions before, but after a while it returns and it's always better to do something that you really want to do.

I also recommend traveling, especially if you are not sure what you want to do with your life. Go see some of the country, or the world. It can open your eyes as to what is out there and what is possible, and you may even discover a brand new passion that you had no idea about.

Good luck