Challenging the "Suit and Tie, Dressing up" Mindset

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:49 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I wanted to share my thoughts on what I noticed recently about lifestyle and appearance as it related to attraction. I enjoy going to the gym a lot and make that a part of my lifestyle. I'm a fitness guy/active guy who enjoys outdoor things.

It seems a lot of the advice on the internet and various forums encourages dressing your best and dress up. I am beginning to question if that applies to all guys. I've seem to get much more attention when I dress nice but in sporty wear. A hoodie, sweats, gym gear,etc. I mean wearing nice nike and under armour clothes. Whether its online in my profile or cruising around town. It seems to attract the 18-21 demographic and I am in my later twenties. If fitness is a big part of my life, why not reflect that when I am out and about?

I think guys in there later twenties get mislead a lot by feeling the urge to dress up to look nice simply because of their age and that winds up making them look "old." Anyone else experience this? Just don't think college girls and early post college want to see guys with sports jackets. Think that's why some of my friends were only attracting the 30+ range online and they were late twenties. They had pictures of them in suits and looking dressed up, business casual.

I'm in the northeast so maybe its just the area. Anyone have similar experiences? thoughts?

This has been a realization I sort of had over this past week. I got more hits online looking like the gym bad guy, then I did when I had on a nice suit and tie.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:38 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Do you.

Never mind what any others are saying or some "authority" website that more often is just mirroring the herd.

You are the king of your castle.

What works for you doesn't work for Guy X etc.

Part of the reason they are attracted to your look is because you feel good and you feel like that look is YOU.

Don't change a thing if it's working for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:44 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I agree.
Personally, I always wear a nice shirt and pants, and sometimes even a blazer. But I don't do it to attract anyone, it just makes me feel confident and true to my own style.

Women (and everyone for that matter) can tell if your actions don't align with your who you really are; and by the same token, they can see when you are honestly expressing yourself, and that's attractive.

Do you, brother.