"The Game" Movie a few years away??

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:20 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Interesting article I read...

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/05/27/t ... /#comments

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:50 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Are women really pissed off men are trying to become better mates? I can't believe this movie hasn't come out already. It's old news thanks to VH1. And why three years away? For all the expensive CG?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:35 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

the man who wrote that article was almost totally against the pua's and pick up in general. It almost seem like by reading the title he then read the book and saw just what he wanted to see. The fact that its about pick up he expected guys like us to be seedy creepy and generally not good people. Now there are guys like that who practise the art of pick up, but most of us arent like that.....now as for the film i think it will be good to see but i dont want them to make into some sort of comedy....i think that would ruin it

peace

I.C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:51 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Naw, it SHOULD be comedy. Pick up is just for fun. It shouldn't be a career, because that's when it starts getting dramatic. Huh. So maybe it should have drama, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

your right i should rephrase that, i mean a bad comedy like the last pick up film i saw.....i fail to remember the name though i did find the link to it of here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

yea I saw a pu like film on comedy central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Without reading the article beyond the title about "Pissing off Women Everywhere," this seems like the work of a lazy journalist whose being a bit of an ignorant douche. When I started reading about pick-up about six months ago, one of the first things I did prior to reading Strauss' book was to try to be critical and a bit cynical of it all. Instead of taking anyones' word for anything, I discovered that other "critical" journalists that I perceived to be liberal-minded "nice-guys" (like myself) were critiquing the community by doing actual research (as Strauss had done) and then saying that they couldn't quite believe how well routines and having a structured frame worked when meeting women. So I have become a believer. As for the Film, I think it's been stalled and there is something holding it all up since I thought it would have been made by now.

I don't know if the film would actually "piss-off" discerning women. I'm not sure that any of the game stuff as applied by men of conscience can be seen as worse than anything in those horrible "Sex in the City" episodes or films. Anyone can watch "The View" episode on Youtube where Strauss was being interviewed by those cackling, hostile yentas, then proceeds to mostly win them over when he describes the actual intentions of the guys who find this stuff --as it's usually triggered by a failed relationship(s) or basic loneliness and/or resentment of "bad-boy" AFCs and naturals who sometimes ACTUALLY treat women like shit. I don't know if it's on his blog, but Strauss had a great email on how he was approached to be one of the PUA Gurus on a "Dr. Phil" episode. Sensing it was a blatant ambush designed to attack and degrade, he passed and turned out to be correct. The episode went on to bash the community and even used the examples of what turned out to be AFC jerkoffs degrading women as then used this to judge PUAs while reciting the same old cliches...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:57 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

hmmm i dont know what i think about this... a pick up movie would be good but it would totally expose the pick up community which would become less powerful if everyone knew our routines and tactics. haha it would let girls in on the game we're playing . :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:05 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I hope they don't make a movie..
Just imagine the flood of "PUAs" coming here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:41 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Nobody can learn swim, jump parachutes, weld or anything else by watching a movie.
Those pretend-to-be PUAs would only make idiots of themselves while real ones would slightly change their routines/behavior and would still stay on top. Except - there's no way to have internal confidence without really having it. Women can smell crap and fakes from 10 miles distance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

totally agree with you Serj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:33 am 
Dedicated Member

who let that jackass write the article???
lets turn this article around, last week <a href="http://kezianoble.org/">Kezia Noble</a> was being interviewed on a tv programmes in the uk called 'this morning' along with a male reporter, the male reporter brought up an interesting point and i have been thinking about this a lot, in the last decade the women's view of romance has slightly changed with the creation of every mans least favorite tv programme 'sex and the city' (im sorry if you like it but you're wrong) the 4 main characters basically are waiting for their rich toyboy or sugar daddy to sweep them off their feet and live happily ever after whilst he showers her with prada handbags and jimmy choo's. now heres the problem real life is not like that obviously and then women wonder why their single, i think this also ties in with the WAG culture (if you dont live in the uk basically a WAG is someone who is famous for being a kept woman by dating a celebrity usually a football player) sadly at the moment the uk is obssessed by the WAG culture they all dress in gucci and prada and yet they dont do anything..

i guess the point i am making (finally i hear you say) is, the media is saying girls you make him cough up as much as possible before you sleep with him, but guys its bad for you to try and use techniques for the purpose of getting a girl into bed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:35 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Eh, something like that. Not all girls are gold-diggers, but a vast majority have been taught by the media that sex is valuable and shouldn't be given away for nothing. It's a rare girl that believes that she is "getting" as much from sex as she's "giving".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I agree. If it were to be a big hit, then most women would compare guys to the movie. The routines would eventually become obsolete. However, would a woman actually watch a movie like this?
Also, you would get the guys who treat woman like shit coming on forums like this. Which for me is a definite no go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I hope they don't make a movie..
Just imagine the flood of "PUAs" coming here
Amen.

Not only that, but when we approach girls with our routines and openers the movie will run the risk of girls knowing whats up and what our real intentions are.

You: Hey I need a quick opinion..."
Her: Don't even try Neil!