Did anyone else find it wierd that...

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:48 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Mystery, Matador and Tarah did not mention Style even ONCE through two seasons of the pick-up artist. There were faint pieces of some of his routines/gambits in the show but they were largely edited out.

In some of Mystery's older stuff he will mention Style, often with great fondness (giving him credit for his work, thanking him for helping develop MM etc)....

They seem to rarely talk about each other anymore - what do you think?

The Enforcer.

The game is easy to start, the referee blows the whistle. It's where you go from there that matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:27 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Its true,I found it a bit wierd but I think he did mention it but they network edited it all out. Mystery has ALWAYS given Style credit when deserved at any seminar or video he does!! So my guess it that others that profit out of the show want to make sure that viewers only believe that Mystery created ALL the techniques so they only purchase off of Mystery and not from Style. Remember that there is a large amount of business behind the community.

I hope that the TV show doesnt make you view Mystery differently,its the editors that are at fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:22 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Its true,I found it a bit wierd but I think he did mention it but they network edited it all out. Mystery has ALWAYS given Style credit when deserved at any seminar or video he does!! So my guess it that others that profit out of the show want to make sure that viewers only believe that Mystery created ALL the techniques so they only purchase off of Mystery and not from Style. Remember that there is a large amount of business behind the community.

I hope that the TV show doesnt make you view Mystery differently,its the editors that are at fault.
I don't think of Mystery any differently, I have more respect for him than anyone in the community - i just found it wierd that they don't seem to mention each other in public anymore (for two guys who were so close). I was thinking maybe they had a falling out or something?

The Enforcer.

The game is easy to start, the referee blows the whistle. It's where you go from there that matters.

Post subject: fail
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:11 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

“What is failure? Failure is an experience which awakens us. What is success? Success is an experience which energises us to strive for a higher and greater success. And what is progress? Progress is an experience which illumines us and fulfils us.”