mystery's personality doesnt match

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:44 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

i read the game and saw the show as well as some classes and interviews mystery did and his personality doesn't match.
in the game he is quite depressed, unsure and frankly detached from reality with slight mental problems no offence lol
but in interviews , lectures and interviews he is confident cool and collected
so y is the personality difference? of course he should be confident in interviews and lectures but not that much its like a different person

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I believe they said he is bi-polar in "The Game". People who are bi-polar go through attacks of depression and mania, but are not always unbalanced. They can go through months, sometimes years without an attack, and medicine has gotten a lot better like abilify and lithium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:44 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Don't forget, the book paints a certain picture that is intended to sensationalise and make an interesting read. It's still an honest account, but remember, this guy, even in the book, sarged women with oozing confidence and was the best PUA in the world... in the book! And he gamed women with relative ease... in the book.

The bouts of depression and suicidal thoughts described in the book are things many people go through, but that doesn't mean they are like that all the time, and it certainly doesn't mean that their "normal" state (the state they are 90% of the time) is constantly borderline depressive.

I person can seem very normal and confident in day to day life, and can become manically depressed given the right triggers. I know lots of people who are like that, and I myself am fairly variant in the way I am at different times and in different places.

Also, a lot can happen in a few years, and people can change a lot over the course of several years. Someone who is a quivering wreck of a nobody, can easily become a charismatic TV presenter/leader that oozes confidence. Look at all the Big Brother contestants who go from housemates to TV presenters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:04 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

don't we all need a better PUA?? mystery is recycling his tricks. Getting boring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:25 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Best PUA...well, even in the book and in real life the success-ratio, or what I call the ROI (return on investment) has never attained 100%...even Styles and Mystery says most of their stuff has a 25-35% success rate, but never 100%.

Its all in the numbers. And yes, Neil Strauss wrote the book 'The Game' to 'sensationalize', as Neo put it, the reading material but also put in a glimpse of the not so happy side of PUA world. Its still good reading

People are people and Mystery is no different. I can't tell you how many times people put up fronts in the clubs or bars only to learn they are really different later the more I get to know them. Why should Mystery be any different?

Aside from all that, good PUA will have the basics down and his own bag of tricks and not something canned that everyone in the PUA community has used or what over-PUAed venues experienced. If a target has ever told you they heard your opener before, chances are you need to find a new venue and your target has already sized you up...move on...

Best,

J-Dub

Its better to be the predator than the prey.

You need to be a good player if your gonna be successful at the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:08 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Humans are complex mate, I imagine there are multiple areas of his personality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:44 pm 

The game shows you the behind the scenes of the feelings of a PUA. The Game paints the picture of Mystery as a different guy, with great abilities, but he also has problems. When the Game was written he was going through deep issues with a girl, and it's common for any person to feel down at some point. (even tho he has a suicidal stage in the book).

Therefore I don't see him as a different person, it might have different looks but in the end he is what he is. Also, you have to remember the game was written some time ago, and things have change for Mystery.

He was "well known" in the community but now he is worldwide known.

My website: www.pualife.webs.com

New TWITTER account: http://twitter.com/xfman1

Facebook: xf_pua@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:49 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Well, the real game is withing you. Just stay relax and be confident. Be yourself is one of the most important keys and. A little diplomatic behaviour will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:38 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Humans are complex mate.........
AMEN !! And thats what makes us soo interesting !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:15 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

His personality totally matches. I suffer from advanced bipolar which occasionally leads me into days, weeks and on one bad occasion a month of debilitating depression. Recently I have developed techniques that allow me to be almost completely stable, and at least as stable as the average person.

I have also had the pleasure of watching Mystery live in field at a club in LA once. It was amazing, all the guys in the place were ripping on the 6'5 freak with a furry top hat, but the girls were going crazy. It was great seeing it all put to the test.

Many PUAs suffer from or have previously suffered from depression, and in many cases it's a great motivation when you aren't feeling shit. When you're picking up you don't get depressed. Even if it's only a temporary solution, it can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

The book definitely wants to make sensation in order to sell. But don't doubt about what is written in there. If you apply the things described there in the right way your succes with women will increase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Mystery's personality with the random bouts of depression and such are very similar to my own, due to things that happened with not having a good father figure around, I seem to get depressed easier around guys, and take losing a female harder than I should, but when I'm around girls I'm sarging or even just hanging out with I'm so much more confident, cool, and chipper. His random bouts in the book were when his main girlfriend dumped him, started sleeping with herbal, or when he was JUST around Style and the other guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:15 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
don't we all need a better PUA?? mystery is recycling his tricks. Getting boring
Yea Mystery always talks about how it is a beautiful art, don't get me wrong he can surely pick up HB10 all the time, but if a painter painted the same picture over and over again it wouldn't be as beautiful. We need more original and crazier PUA Gurus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Yea Mystery always talks about how it is a beautiful art, don't get me wrong he can surely pick up HB10 all the time, but if a painter painted the same picture over and over again it wouldn't be as beautiful. We need more original and crazier PUA Gurus.
"We need".

I don't know; the only way there will be new gurus and new methods if we all try new things. Waiting for things to happen won't change much. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:50 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"We need".

I don't know; the only way there will be new gurus and new methods if we all try new things. Waiting for things to happen won't change much. :)
I'm still an AFC so it won't do any good if I did anything just yet.