the future of the pua due to media?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
what do you guy think about the seduction community getting all this coverage?
i actually hope there is not another vh1 the pickup artist 3, because pua will be come less efective and will take the edge away we have.
At the same time i believe the average person will never put the effort in to become a good pickup artist. Most people are to lazy. I believe that those in the community should do the best to keep this shit a secret. what do you all think?
I have been worrying this after i heard that they are doing a movie from the book called " The game ". I can allready see how the club is full of these guys doing these tricks and all the effort that i have been putting out to this would be useless... escpecially when im living in this small country.
Only time will tell, but in the meanwhile, i just go out and have fun picking up girls and trying new tricks :lol:

[ Johnny B ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:08 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
what do you guy think about the seduction community getting all this coverage?
i actually hope there is not another vh1 the pickup artist 3, because pua will be come less efective and will take the edge away we have.
At the same time i believe the average person will never put the effort in to become a good pickup artist. Most people are to lazy. I believe that those in the community should do the best to keep this shit a secret. what do you all think?
VERY good question - I asked the same one as an AFC.

Even if PUA was as common as Michael Jackson, and girls KNEW all the methods, if I were to neg her/ turn my back to her, she'd STILL feel it.

It's an inner feeling in all people's guts.

We are PROGRAMMED to REACT the SAME way to all of these negs etc, regardless if we expect it.
yep, hit the nail on the head there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:24 am 
PUA Forum Leader

There was this movie called "Revolver" that talked about this phenomenon. The best tricks are the oldest and the ones most people have fallen for. Because people have such a high opinion of themselves that they don't believe they could fall for such an old trick, and they don't believe they could fall for the same trick that everyone else has. The ego has a way of justifying your own gullibility to yourself, in a way that shields you from your own naive decisions. Basically, you want to believe that you are too smart to be tricked, so you walk into situations where you could be tricked without apprehension because you think you are immune, and once you are tricked you can't admit it to yourself. It's a very interesting movie, it explains it a lot better than I did obviously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Well tbh I can see it maybe becomming well known, a lot of people are aware of Neil Strauss but bear in mind some of these people will still believe this stuff is bullshit, also some will be embarassed to look into it as they feel it makes them less of a man to admit they need help in this area. In addition to that there's also people's commitment to it all in the first place, can they really be bothered to follow it all through and make the journey to become good? Somehow I doubt it.

Also this also depends on whether the movie is a success as well. The films that have also been mentioned in this thread have never really been HUGE. I mean the closest I can maybe think of in relation to pick up that really was a major success is James Bond and maybe Hitch (not seen the latter) but even then clubs are hardly crowded with wannabe PUA's.

Post subject: the rise and fall
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:19 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

When relateddirectly to the pua field.
I beleive we have pasted the peak of the 'PUA'!
I beleive it has reached its peak, and now its going back into an underground scene.

Post subject: Why worry?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I have to admit, that when I first heard of "VH1's the Pick Up Artist" I was freaked out as well. Here I'd just found out about the community and now it was going to become common place knowledge. Images of being laughed at, blown out of set, humiliated, etc. all ran through my head, but then...
I started thinking.
We're looking at it from OUR standpoint, the standpoint of pick up artists. What we aren't doing is looking at this from the standpoint of the public in general.
Yes, some women are probably going to watch the show, and yes, now some of the "classic" material might get you blow out of set, but the fundementals of pua work because they are built upon social evolution. Women respond like this because of survival and replication instincts that all women have! In otherwords, when done correctly, she can't help but find you attractive!!!
Face it, we have them to, it's just that for men about 90% of all of our replication cues can be distinquished by just looking at a woman (almost all the things that all men find alluring in a woman are indicators of health and (forgive the term) breeding stock). And women learn how to fake those cues and flip our attraction switches. You know that the hb at the end of the bar would probably look alot less attractive without make up, highlights, sexy clothing, tanning sessions, etc. but does knowing that make her any less attractive to you? I betting the answer is probably no. So eventhough she may call you out for being a player, if your reality's strong enough it probably won't matter.
Shit, lost my train of thought...
Anyways, so they know some of our secrets from the show. Does it really make a difference? Only in weeding out noobies who are trying this out, and then get shot down when trying to use some of the stuff from Vh1's PUA show. Then they say to themselves, "this is bullshit" and the playing field remains just that much more open for us.
Plus, LOOK at Mystery from the viewpoint of someone new to the PUA scene. He looks like a dork (no offence Mystery)! Big Jamiroqui looking hat, scrawny arms poking out of a sleeveless leather trenchcoat, black fingernails and eyeliner, and fucking googles! To someone not knowing why he wears this, they think "THAT'S the world's greatest pick up artist???" The media already makes fun of him. They expect someone like the Dos Equis "most interesting man in the world". They don't get why he does what he does and looks the way he looks.
Also, women toss around strategies all the time on how to deal with men. All we have to do is pick up a Cosmo magazine and we'd be able to bust them on it. Do we? For the most part, no. The same goes for women. And for the small number of women out there that know about the pick up artist stuff, so they shoot you down and end up missing out on a good time that they could of had interacting with you. Well then, move on down to the next set, and leave those girls wishing they'd given you a chance. Besides, it's not like your not going to get blown out once in a while anyway, right?
Regardless, the show won't last forever. What's it got really, a couple more seasons at best? And then it'll go to the wayside, with all the non believers saying it was a bunch of nonsense anyways. Womens reaction to DHV's, emotional stimulation, accomplishment intros etc. will remain the same.
So don't worry so much. Learn what it is that makes the "classic" material work so well, and develop new material. For the most part the PUA arts is about teaching you how to present yourself to the opposite sex. What kind of things to say and not to say. How to tease, flirt, and when to walk away. Canned material is for the most part training wheels, to show you how stuff can work. Eventually, you no longer are trying to "fake it til you make it" you've just made it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:40 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

beautiful.. just beautiful.. :cry: Pick up shouldn't be publicly called out like it is now but we now see where the mindset of people always goes to. money. I personally think what Mystery is doing is really selfish. yes he is teaching, but he is also ruining something sacrid. the secrecy. its like smoking pot. we all hit the pipe in the circle but we dont talk about it. I guess It just nerves me that someone wanted to make it public knowledge. I mean, christ. Youtube that shit. its all for money.

I say fuck it. stick to it boys! pickup is an ever evolving thing :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:39 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
All I have to contribute is this:

We know how marketing and advertisement works... but we are still susceptible to its effects.

We still know how manipulation, guilt-trips, and reverse-psychology works and we still sometimes fall for it.

Knowledge of the way in which something works does not necessarily mean we are immune to its effects. To most, the art of PU is just a concept. When confronted with it, they would never recognize it. Much the same way that when first reading and trying to educate ourselves on the art of PU we feel we get it, but in the field fail and fail.

Concepts do not directly translate to reality.
This is SO true.

Thank you, there is a God.

I wanted to say this but you did it for me.

I love you.

Touch me softly and gently once or twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 am 
New to MPUA Forum

There is a distinct difference between those who really know how to play the game, and those who have learned a few of the rules. Sure, a guy might learn about pick up and go practice opening a few sets, but unless he sticks with it and truly changes his behavior he is not going to get any good. I don't care if you have the best set of pick up lines in the world, if you don't have the confidence to back it up then they're meaningless.

The lines are just like training wheels. Once a person runs enough game, they get used to the almost dance like rhythm of the courtship process, and it becomes much more natural. Most veterans, or naturals for that matter, either make up lines/responses on the spot, or use a few good ones that work.

I can almost always tell if a guy has pick-up training, or at least skills with women, and they're very easy to tell apart from someone who is trying pick-up because they saw it on a TV show.

Also, improv comedy helps a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:02 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Paris, this is so true.

I stress confidence amongst my students.

It's one of the most important things to have, EXUDE CONFIDENCE.

Experience, in my opinion, breeds confidence.

Some people, like me, don't need much experience to breed confidence.

I used to play video games 10 hours a day (professionally) but if I paused for one day I still had my perfect looks, abs, body, etc, and skills with women.

Some people just HAVE IT, and some people must GET OUT OF THEIR HOUSE every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
You should have taken the guy that used the recognizable line
I agree

* Using French - English translation program.