What not to do

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Post subject: What not to do
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:46 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey guys, i was just wonderin if everyone would help contribute to make a list of any negs,DHV,openers,closers,etc. that were featured on VH1'S The Pickup Artist. This way, we can know to stay away from them or at least change them up a bit so we dont have to worry about getting "outted" as a PUA. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:12 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I remember watching the episode when they were using negs on the hired guns. Brian made a comment about how one of the girl's tans made her look orange. She got real pissed at him for saying that. That is what got him booted off the show.

Then another example I can recall was the episode where Matt was teaching his friend to be a PUA. He was the guy who wouldn't shave his beard. Anyway, when he approached a set he commented how he was new in town and didn't know of things to do in the city. It was at that point when Mystery said that was an example of demonstrating lower value. I myself probably would have made that same mistake if Mystery hadn't made that comment.

Post subject: adding to the list
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:18 am 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: giribot
on episode 2 greg approaches the older ladies and says 'would you guys believe that just yesterday i had hair that was up to *here*?'

i don't actually think that's necessarily one to stay away from, or any variation of that, since he didn't use it 'in field'...but i thought it was a great opener with some possibility. probably only works if you have a clean-cut look or something now, though.

good luck!

Post subject: Re: adding to the list
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:58 pm 

Something about capers. No one who isn't an obvious Canadian would mention capers outside of the kitchen. Please don't talk about capers.

And the Dirty Dancing generation is starting to migrate out of the night scene anyway. Go ahead and put baby in the corner.

It seems as though the world has forgotten about the jealous girlfriend opener, though. That one's probably safe again for a little while. :lol:
Quote:
on episode 2 greg approaches the older ladies and says 'would you guys believe that just yesterday i had hair that was up to *here*?'

i don't actually think that's necessarily one to stay away from, or any variation of that, since he didn't use it 'in field'...but i thought it was a great opener with some possibility. probably only works if you have a clean-cut look or something now, though.

good luck!
You're off-topic.

*spank*

BOOYA i just moderated the new girl's ass :twisted:

Post subject: Oops...how's this?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: giribot
oops! i hadn't realized i'd veered off topic already!! :oops:
haha thanks, chief, for keeping me in line!

maybe this time i'll be able to stay on topic :D

from episode 2:
matt says to a girl who approaches him about the scarf/boa he won--
she: can i wear this? *touches scarf*
he: you like this?
she: yeah!
he: i would give it to you---but i think it looks better on me....

and then--
he: *puts it around her* i hope you're not a thief

so there you have it, a classic neg utilized on the pickup artist! time for some new material!

i'll post more soon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The Mick Jagger/David Bowie line

I replace Mick Jagger/David Bowie with Lil Wayne since the girls I'm gaming are younger and are more likely to know who that is.