Season 2 vs Season 1

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Is season 2 fake and over the top?
Yes  32%  [ 27 ]
No  34%  [ 29 ]
No  34%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 85
 Post subject: Season 2 vs Season 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:24 am 
New to MPUA Forum

My girl and I watched every episode of season 1 and loved it but I'm 10min into season 2 and it appears to be like every other reality show.... FAKE ASS BULLSHIT!

The only reason I'm pissed off over it is cuz we loved your show last season. It didn't scream fake and "over the top" like this one. I'm sure some, if not all of these guys are real nerds, however, it doesn't have that same genuine feel season 1 did. Everything is WAY over the top and I'm disappointed. If there is a season 3 I really hope you decide to do a real show again cuz I won't be watching the rest of season 2.

I'm also doing a poll to see who all agrees

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:25 am 
Dedicated Member

I'm sorry you don't like our show. We at pick-up-artist-forum.com worked quite hard to make it 8)

But seriously, The Pickup Artist is just a way for Hollywood, and Mystery, to suck money out of the rising fad of 'game.' It all seems fake to me and even last season there was controversy (other than the two best looking guys coming top 2, half of the contestants were supposedly actors of sorts).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:27 am 
New to MPUA Forum

you misunderstand, season 1 was a great show and I still think the other guy should have won :wink:

Also what do you mean by "our show". Not calling you a liar but how exactly are you personally involved with the show?

Post subject: Re: Season 2 vs Season 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:03 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
you misunderstand, season 1 was a great show and I still think the other guy should have won Wink
I understood. But I think season 1 was kinda shitty too. Bad representation of the community imo.
Quote:
Also what do you mean by "our show". Not calling you a liar but how exactly are you personally involved with the show?
ummmm...
Quote:
FAKE ASS BULLSHIT!

The only reason I'm pissed off over it is cuz we loved YOUR show last season. It didn't scream fake and "over the top" like this one. I'm sure some, if not all of these guys are real nerds, however, it doesn't have that same genuine feel season 1 did. Everything is WAY over the top and I'm disappointed. If there is a season 3 I really hope YOU decide to do a real show again cuz I won't be watching the rest of season 2.
This isn't a letter to VH1, or to Mystery, so your use of second person in this case is flawed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

great another forum nerd who can't answer a simple question without taking the obvious out of context :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:40 pm 

This website has no affiliation with VH1 or Mystery's company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:46 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Firstly as Plethora pointed out you used the terms "your" and "you" in your original message, secondly he was joking in his message when he said "our show" hence the start of the second paragraph beginning with "but seriously". This website is for guys like myself who want to learn/are learning these skills in order to improve our lives and better ourselves not just for picking up women but for all aspects of life, by taking advice from those who have either done it already or are at least further along to reaching their goals than some others of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:04 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I would have instantly agreed w/ u S.2 was lame and rigged, but i had the asian dude pegged as the ringer this season, and now hes gone.
Now this may mean one of two things:

1- This season is real, and they didnt think his game was tight and wouldn't have improved.

2-The producers are hip to that we were on to the fact brady was very obvisously a ringer, and kosmo wasnt a AFC. So they played on this by stickin in a obvious ringer and cuttin him out early, leaving the whole rest of the season w/ us trusting again.

Im leanin toward the latter. These guys are masters of physiology, its not a big leap to assume their mindfuckin us from the start.

But its makin them bank, and its turnin on AFCs like me on to the fact that w/ a plan, u can get over ur fear and play the game.

So its got some good to it.
Although im kinda wishin it would go away for my own selfish reasoning.
Even though i dont use any of the shows canned material, i hope the underlining principles dont get too well known.

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:22 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
But seriously, The Pickup Artist is just a way for Hollywood, and Mystery, to suck money out of the rising fad of 'game'.
Do you think it is fad? that scares the shit out of me....

"Motherfuckers best belive in....That you are fucking with the best" - 3oh!3

Teasing is a battle plan for what Shakespeare called “the merry war.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:27 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I honestly thought Mystery would come up with some new stuff for this season. At the very least, come up with new canned material. lol.

It's the same techniques and lines once again. I have a lot of respect for Mystery and what he has done, but I think he should stay away from TV. His specialty is his actual in-field game. His show is basically making his method look a lot less complex than what it really is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:02 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

i love how the poll is now 50/50