Openers

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Post subject: Openers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So every time i open a set and use a direct opener like "hey, I noticed you from all the way there and I just had to come and hi or i just had to come and say you have a beautiful hair" (I immediately follow up with a neg ofcourse in the case of hair or nail) but every time I open with a direct especially during the day,I feel like I just creep them out or catch them off guard I think catching offguard is kinda good but can't tell the difference at all. I'm not "aware" of my surroundings basically, how do i basically see the signs if i should continue or let them go or if im just creeping them out

Post subject: Re: Openers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:17 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Wrong sub-forum.

A lot of those cold approaches rely on how you carry yourself. If you so much as hesitate even for a second you've ruined your approach and just made things weird. It all rides on confidence.

For instance; I walk up to a girl, she sees me, I give her a smile and say "Hey, I just had to come over and say you look really cute in that dress." Don't flinch, maintain the smile from the moment she notices you until you deliver your line and you get a reply. Keep it short, keep it simple and to the point. You're going up to a girl to compliment her in some shape or form. Be aware of that simple fact: You're going up to compliment her. At the very least you're getting out of it is the pleasure of making another persons day that much better. At the most you're going to bring her back to your apartment and make her day the best day she's had in a while.

Also, don't neg. That's counterproductive in this scenario. Only neg if the woman is used to being compliment day in, day out by a man. If it's you approaching her don't start with a compliment and then a neg. It makes no sense. Think about it: You've gone up to a woman for a reason, you're saying something nice about her. On some level you're attracted to her or find something about her worth talking to her about... and then you take it all away. Makes no sense. It's different in a group or with a friend of a friend or if you're further along the conversation and even at that negs should be used if she's the type of person you could use a neg to capitalise on her.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

- If you're using a direct opener on the streets and she doesn't walk away, that's an IOI.

- Don't neg. If you use a direct opener and then immediately disqualify yourself, then she's not taking you seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:10 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

hmm.. well my usual opener (with neg) is something like "Hey, I really like your jacket, I saw someone else wear it a while ago too but you are rocking it" is that bad? lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:56 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Dude, do neg. I don't know what everyone else is talking about. As far as your opener, it's no good. You need to ask her about something her explanation like an opinion question.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:33 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Dude, do neg. I don't know what everyone else is talking about. As far as your opener, it's no good. You need to ask her about something her explanation like an opinion question.
It depends on the situation. Neil Strauss popularized the opinion opener which is indirect. When you go indirect then a neg is something you can do. But if you choose to go direct and then use a neg? Maybe in clubs okay, but definitely not on the streets in a daytime environment. Then you're just a weirdo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:56 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Everyone has their style. I'm all indirect currently. The point is for the hb to recognize you as an authority figure, not some pawn. At least from what I understand. And nothing clearer than a neg to bring her down from her high horse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:59 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
So every time i open a set and use a direct opener like "hey, I noticed you from all the way there and I just had to come and hi or i just had to come and say you have a beautiful hair" (I immediately follow up with a neg ofcourse in the case of hair or nail)
Well, you gave us an example of the compliment, but not the neg! Like if I want to neg a tall, fairly attractive girl I might say "Hey I wanted to talk to you, I like tall chicks, even though you might be heavier than me" (I've only tried this once and failed because of a lack of confidence at the time, forgot what I was saying halfway through). So what is your neg after the hair/nails compliment?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:47 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

day game openers are much easier..!!

like in a park u may approach a girl n start..with..!!

" hii.!! how u doin..??" (it doesn't matter how u open its just to begin The convo.!!)

she may be like "fine (usually) or may ask do we know each other..!!"

n I love STYLE's line here that is

" No one knows anyone truly..!!"

n continue the talk with
" do u come here often.?"

- Nik.ten