Women/GF won´t reciprocate – and its frustrating

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Relationships

Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

(I agree with the posters below. And I also realise my original post had serious flaws. I take it back.)

Last edited by Poutine on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:58 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Women can’t reciprocate – and its frustrating

Hey,

After being in a LTR for two years, the one thing that frustrates me the most is to confirm the hypothesis that women are unable to reciprocate. For the theory behind this hypothesis, see the works of Rollo Tomassi in The Rational Male.
Short summary: Women tend to over-value their own contributions in a relationship and are unconscious about their lack of reciprocating actions from the male. Examples that men tend to illustrate this with are:
1. Man makes an effort, arranges a romantic evening, and expects she will reciprocate his efforts with sex but is rejected. “Lets just go to bed, im tired” /”Lets just watch a film”/”Did you do all this for sex, now I really don’t want to have sex”.
2. Man makes an effort, tends to her when she is sick, and expects she will reciprocate this by doing the same when he is sick, but she doesn’t. “I don’t have time”/”I don’t want to get sick”.
3. Man finds time and makes inconvenient decisions so as to see her and fit her schedule, but she wont make the same effort. “I cant” / “I got a dinner with my bff Mary”.
4. Man cooks, and expects she will cook next time. Sharing duties. But, she won´t – its as if she expects you to continue cooking for her.

Point being: When you give someone X, you expect X or Y back. Not that she takes X for granted. Obviously in a LTR its not always about giving X for X and having ulterior motives, but if it gets too unbalanced its becomes a problem.

It’s the second example that catalysed this entry. And despite I´ve concluded above that this hypothesis is confirmed – I want you ask if you got any tips or tricks to A) Make her reciprocate more, and B) How to confront her when shes being a hypocrite. I also want to C) Share with out some of my thoughts and strategies for you to add or comment on.

Potential strategies:

1. Changing the habit/norm between us.
Best first: This is the most effective when she starts taking something for granted. I simply don’t do it. I rather go hungry than to cook dinner. When she asks me whats for dinner, I say either “I don’t know” or “Im not hungry”. I can sense she expects me to starts cooking, but I don’t. And she knows she cant command that I do it because it wouldn’t make sense – (and she knows she cant command me around anyway).
If X action it’s a settled habit/norm between us, then my theory is that she internally questions whether she can take X for granted or internally question whether its normal to expect me to provide X.
If X action has become a settled habit/norm, then my theory is that she will notice and be annoyed as I don’t do X anymore – but she simply has no rational/sensible way to confront me about it without sounding like a lazy, whiny bitch.

(comment: In psychology this is referred to as coherence. If you spend a lot of time with someone, then a certain set of habits will form. If you dont act in coherence - according - to these habits, then they will notice and interpret it as if youre making a point)

2. On confronting her lack of reciprocity
This has never worked, at least for me. Whenever I confront her lack of reciprocity, she kicks back with either two strategies.
A) She says “That’s not true, I feel we do the equal amount”. Or, (most often after she realises that A wont work)
B) She says “I do a lot of different things for you”.
• Short comment about B: She has so far never had an answer when I ask “What different things?” which makes her just exit the discussion and calling me unreasonable or something since she has nothing more to say.

By the way, if you are to confront her – then don’t fucking back down. Treat the discussion as a shit-test or like this: “This is how I see it and that is how I feel. What are you going to do about it?” or “what are we going to do about me feeling that we are unbalanced in terms of dong X”.
Ive noticed that my gf will proceed to guilt-trip me either immediately or later by saying something like “Its sad for me that you don’t see and appreciate all that I do for you” or “I am hurt that you don’t think I appreciate what you do” etc. Never accept this narrative. If you accept her narrative about being an under-appreciated gf, then you shoot yourself in the foot. I actually fell for this and it was kinda hard to break down the narrative again because she will remind me that I later agreed to her narrative if this problem pops up again later.

3. On demanding X.
This approach works, but only after some kind of a discussion and not immediately. She rarely do X there and then. In other words, you wont get X immediately but in the future.

It works like this:
You’ve noticed how you do X a lot, and she doesn’t reciprocate it. Then you demand it for the future by asking for it. “Make me dinner on Thursday” / “Arrange something for us this weekend”.
Notice how I don’t mention “its your turn”. As stated above, she will always over-value her contributions and is negligent to her lack of reciprocity. It wont take you anywhere.
If she by hearing this, says something like “why should I” or “don’t command me”, then my usual response is “hey, calm your tits down, isnt it nice to do something like that for each other?” or “Isnt that what bf and gf to for each other from time to time? Id really appreciate it ☺”
First one is an example of a hard response whereas the second is an example of a soft response.

Sometimes she comments that ive become "stricter" or "was more of a nice guy before" in a cute voice. This is usually my best sign of success with this approach. Its as if she acknowledges that I dont come for free and that she respects me for making demands.

4. Power Play
It’s a sad reality to accept, but power play is an effective tool for most relationship-frustrations.
Whenever I feel under-appreciated or frustrated, I simply detach myself from the emotions and resume my lifestyle without including her. This involves living a busy lifestyle, meeting up with people, go clubbing, work late, leave early in the morning to have coffee with someone or start work early etc. I also do not text her first she must initiate communication.

Without fail she starts to text and arrange for us to meet up. She makes dinner that ends with sex.

NB! Power play must never be in a way she can interpret it as some sort of “revenge”. There is nothing as childish and needy than revenge. She will then just wait you out.

NBNB! Power play shouldn’t go on for too long. If she allows it to go on for too long, then she might not be as interested in you as before. You drift apart. Point being: If you just read this without being familiar with power play, then do some studying on the topic before putting it in your repertoire.

This was a spontaneous entry. Hopefully I got my thoughts across in an effective and understandable way.
If your girl doesnt want to fuck you or make you happy... your rs is fucked

If youre thinking about shit tests in your relationship...your rs is fucked

If you gotta freeze out your gf for sex...your rs is fucked

OP, please dont spread this shit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:12 am 
The Grand Puba

There's so much wrong thinking in this post that it's hard for me to wrap my head around. Bottom line is that if your girlfriend is aware that she's not treating you the way that you want to be treated and it's not unreasonable, you shouldn't be in that relationship.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:18 am 
PUA Forum Leader

If your gf doesn't want to fuck you, dump her and fuck other girls.

There are men and women in relationships who go years without sex. That's called "friendship". Life is too short. Keep in shape, and you won't be doomed like many of these fat ass sports team sweatshirt guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:23 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Keep in shape, and you won't be doomed like many of these fat ass sports team sweatshirt guys.
I see otherwise decent looking guys roaming around town with sweats/sweatshirt on - Sure they're probably not trying to game - or may be married or in a ltr - but not all of them are - and while sure some guys may be able to 'pick up' with this look it is staggering how many opportunities they're missing out on by going out of the house dressed like a slob. Their demeanor is usually very non-vibrant as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:35 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This isn't about sex. And it isn't a big problem. It's about the general trend that women don't make the same efforts in a relationship - leading to frustration from time to time. Frustration as in you get annoyed by the unbalance.

Surely I'm not the only one in a LTR noticing this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:53 am 

Quote:
After being in a LTR for two years, the one thing that frustrates me the most is to confirm the hypothesis that women are unable to reciprocate. For the theory behind this hypothesis, see the works of Rollo Tomassi in The Rational Male.
Yeah, because a grand total of 1 trials is enough to confirm a hypothesis. That's exactly how it works.
Quote:
Short summary: Women tend to over-value their own contributions in a relationship and are unconscious about their lack of reciprocating actions from the male. Examples that men tend to illustrate this with are:

That so? Let's see.
Quote:
1. Man makes an effort, arranges a romantic evening, and expects she will reciprocate his efforts with sex but is rejected. “Lets just go to bed, im tired” /”Lets just watch a film”/”Did you do all this for sex, now I really don’t want to have sex”.
So women tend to over-value their contributions in a relationship. But then as a man you arrange a romantic evening expecting you "efforts" be rewarded with sex. You are trying to fucking negotiate sex. With a romantic evening. And women over-value THEIR contributions? lmao.
Quote:
2. Man makes an effort, tends to her when she is sick, and expects she will reciprocate this by doing the same when he is sick, but she doesn’t. “I don’t have time”/”I don’t want to get sick”.
If she doesn't care for you when you're sick, she doesn't care for you period. That should be fairly obvious.
Quote:
3. Man finds time and makes inconvenient decisions so as to see her and fit her schedule, but she wont make the same effort. “I cant” / “I got a dinner with my bff Mary”.
Man has no respect for his own time/schedule and the word "no" is alien to him.. so she's to blame.
See the problem there?
Quote:

4. Man cooks, and expects she will cook next time. Sharing duties. But, she won´t – its as if she expects you to continue cooking for her.
Oh I got this one. I can fix this. Look:
"It's your turn to show off them cooking skills today".
Mind literally blow. I know, right?
Quote:
Point being: When you give someone X, you expect X or Y back. Not that she takes X for granted. Obviously in a LTR its not always about giving X for X and having ulterior motives, but if it gets too unbalanced its becomes a problem.
If it gets too unbalanced you're the problem. Because either you're acting like a doormat, which let's be fucking honest, you are. Romantic evening for sex, fuck my life.
Or
She's a terrible girlfriend. Which you're enabling her to be by you know.. continuing to be with her.
Quote:
It’s the second example that catalysed this entry. And despite I´ve concluded above that this hypothesis is confirmed – I want you ask if you got any tips or tricks to A) Make her reciprocate more, and B) How to confront her when shes being a hypocrite. I also want to C) Share with out some of my thoughts and strategies for you to add or comment on.
I got a tip for you. Stop being a fucking teenage girl. If you want something, say it. Don't expect your partner to read your mind.
Quote:
1. Changing the habit/norm between us.
Best first: This is the most effective when she starts taking something for granted. I simply don’t do it. I rather go hungry than to cook dinner. When she asks me whats for dinner, I say either “I don’t know” or “Im not hungry”. I can sense she expects me to starts cooking, but I don’t. And she knows she cant command that I do it because it wouldn’t make sense – (and she knows she cant command me around anyway).
If X action it’s a settled habit/norm between us, then my theory is that she internally questions whether she can take X for granted or internally question whether its normal to expect me to provide X.
If X action has become a settled habit/norm, then my theory is that she will notice and be annoyed as I don’t do X anymore – but she simply has no rational/sensible way to confront me about it without sounding like a lazy, whiny bitch.
It honestly baffles me how you managed to get through 2 years in a relationship with literally no communication skills. You'd rather fucking starve than tell her she's up. God fucking damn.
Quote:
(comment: In psychology this is referred to as coherence. If you spend a lot of time with someone, then a certain set of habits will form. If you dont act in coherence - according - to these habits, then they will notice and interpret it as if youre making a point)
OR YOU CAN BE A DAMN MAN AND SPEAK YOUR MIND.

Quote:
2. On confronting her lack of reciprocity
This has never worked, at least for me. Whenever I confront her lack of reciprocity, she kicks back with either two strategies.
A) She says “That’s not true, I feel we do the equal amount”. Or, (most often after she realises that A wont work)
B) She says “I do a lot of different things for you”.
• Short comment about B: She has so far never had an answer when I ask “What different things?” which makes her just exit the discussion and calling me unreasonable or something since she has nothing more to say.
I get the feeling that you're the type of dude that needs a shitload of attention to function. But on the offchance that's not the case and your rs really is that one sided, at what point does breaking up become an option in your view?
Quote:
By the way, if you are to confront her – then don’t fucking back down. Treat the discussion as a shit-test or like this: “This is how I see it and that is how I feel. What are you going to do about it?” or “what are we going to do about me feeling that we are unbalanced in terms of dong X”.
Ive noticed that my gf will proceed to guilt-trip me either immediately or later by saying something like “Its sad for me that you don’t see and appreciate all that I do for you” or “I am hurt that you don’t think I appreciate what you do” etc. Never accept this narrative. If you accept her narrative about being an under-appreciated gf, then you shoot yourself in the foot. I actually fell for this and it was kinda hard to break down the narrative again because she will remind me that I later agreed to her narrative if this problem pops up again later.
Here we go with the fucking shit-tests again.
All of the last 3 or so paragraphs would be non-issues if you had even a shred of willingness to walk away. But you'd rather keep repairing the same old and worn out car 100 times, instead of getting a new one. Which not only drains you, but also ends up costing you way more.
Quote:
3. On demanding X.
This approach works, but only after some kind of a discussion and not immediately. She rarely do X there and then. In other words, you wont get X immediately but in the future.

It works like this:
You’ve noticed how you do X a lot, and she doesn’t reciprocate it. Then you demand it for the future by asking for it. “Make me dinner on Thursday” / “Arrange something for us this weekend”.
Notice how I don’t mention “its your turn”. As stated above, she will always over-value her contributions and is negligent to her lack of reciprocity. It wont take you anywhere.
If she by hearing this, says something like “why should I” or “don’t command me”, then my usual response is “hey, calm your tits down, isnt it nice to do something like that for each other?” or “Isnt that what bf and gf to for each other from time to time? Id really appreciate it ☺”
First one is an example of a hard response whereas the second is an example of a soft response.
You'd think this is common sense but a relationship, friendship, or any kind of "ship" between two people should not be a fucking power struggle. If I tell my best friend it's his turn to buy me drinks, he's gonna fucking buy me drinks despite it being his turn or not. And if I tell my girlfriend it's her turn to cook, she'll fucking cook. That's a healthy relationship. That's respect. That's cooperation. And I'd do the same for them in return.
And that's something you can afford when you don't throw those titles to just about anyone.

Quote:
Sometimes she comments that ive become "stricter" or "was more of a nice guy before" in a cute voice. This is usually my best sign of success with this approach. Its as if she acknowledges that I dont come for free and that she respects me for making demands.

4. Power Play
It’s a sad reality to accept, but power play is an effective tool for most relationship-frustrations.
Whenever I feel under-appreciated or frustrated, I simply detach myself from the emotions and resume my lifestyle without including her. This involves living a busy lifestyle, meeting up with people, go clubbing, work late, leave early in the morning to have coffee with someone or start work early etc. I also do not text her first she must initiate communication.

Without fail she starts to text and arrange for us to meet up. She makes dinner that ends with sex.

NB! Power play must never be in a way she can interpret it as some sort of “revenge”. There is nothing as childish and needy than revenge. She will then just wait you out.

NBNB! Power play shouldn’t go on for too long. If she allows it to go on for too long, then she might not be as interested in you as before. You drift apart. Point being: If you just read this without being familiar with power play, then do some studying on the topic before putting it in your repertoire.

This was a spontaneous entry. Hopefully I got my thoughts across in an effective and understandable way.
That's not called a powerplay, that's called having a life outside the relationship. Going out with friends, having hobbies, being busy with work. That's not some act you put up when you pout. And to nobody's surprise she reacts positively to that. Because now you're not breathing down her spine 24/7 at the house. Go figure.

All your problems root from the same place OP.
1) You have no willingness to walk away.
2) You make your girlfriend the #1 priority in your life. And then expect the same in return.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:54 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I agree and realise my original post was fucking stupid. I didnt think things through.

Thanks for feedback!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:33 am 

Anytime.

I appreciate your open-mindedness to critique.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.