Use of different accents

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » NLP & Hypnotic Seduction

Post subject: Use of different accents
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:38 pm 
Dedicated Member

Hey dudes,

I was wondering if we could maybe discuss/explore this a bit. I was at a psychology convention a few years back in London, and since then I have always remembered talking to this one dude.

He was pretty mesmerizing, and we had a nice chat about NLP. We exchanged personal techniques and original thoughts. He told me his favourite and most effective vehicle for persuasion was his accent (he had been exhibiting a strange sort of Spanish accent the whole time), then suddenly he started speaking PERFECT English! I was like, shit! So you're English!

Haha. But he refused to tell me how or what that helped him. Since then I've always been interested. It would be really cool to get a new accent and you could use it for a variety of other uses including pranks. But how can this be beneficial to us in terms of NLP and seduction?

Analogue marking? Getting straight into their subconscious using words in their accent? Hmm...anyway, I want to have an Irish accent; my ex-gf was madly in love with Irish accents (but I hate her and she hates me), and I almost turned gay for an Irish man today. All thoughts are welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:10 pm 
Dedicated Member

I changed my mind having just watched some vids on YouTube...I'm going to get a Scottish accent instead!

What I will do is analogue mark trance words/phrases and even create anchors just by manipulating my language. Also I'm experimenting with speaking with the subconscious so you know embedded commands? Like, it's strange when you don't always FEEL REALLY ATTRACTED. TO ME, it's slightly different...

Well what if the embedded command was spoken in the girl's accent, AND in FIRST PERSON...would her subconscious register it much more strongly, as if it had been her own thought? Like, it's strange when I don't always feel really attracted. To this person I was talking about, it's slightly different...

Everything is said in a Scottish accent, except the command, which is now in first person. Hmm...

the problem is that it is difficult to measure how successful it is. The only method is empirical and that is also very subjective and prone to bias. I also do think it is a very long-winded and unnecessary thing to do but I'm a wacko =). Any ideas on how else to use it for seduction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:00 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It could potentially be used to alleviate AA!. A person's concept of themselves is largely defined by their voice. We view our voice as our personality. I'd say that 70-80% of our personality is defined by our voice, agree? If you can mask your voice, you can shield yourself from the sting of rejection! because it's not your true personality which is being rejected, and you will know this.

Permanently hiding behind an accent isn't going to work if you're entering into a relationship though.

I've often tried to put on accents, but I epically fail at it. It's umpossible for me to do other nations or citys accent. oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:48 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
It could potentially be used to alleviate AA!. A person's concept of themselves is largely defined by their voice.
That's really, really interesting actually. I wouldn't use it for AA as I have no problems with it, but the concept is interesting.

I guess it just reinforces how using your tone of voice is SO important. 38% of communication.
Quote:
I've often tried to put on accents, but I epically fail at it. It's umpossible for me to do other nations or citys accent. oh well.
Me too, I have a mate who is a natural at it. I practiced scottish for a few hours though and i'm pretty good at it now. It's not that big of an investment. I have yet to field test it, need to be more confident at it. I really think we could have a lot of fun with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:53 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Wow....the answer to your question is so obvious, makes one wonder just how proficient of an NLPer you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I used to have two different accents. (one roughly being the Norwegian equivalent of Scottish and the other a "proper" one (much like Scots used to learn "proper" English accents))

But I found no real use for it, and it had a tendency of fucking with me while I was drunk (like switching dialect in the middle of a sentence,)

I found it best to keep a dialect or accent, at all times, that way I stand out more.

And people seem to like those with accents better ;)

As the whole concept of Analogue Marking; I think it's much easier to just drop the tonality a little, but of course, accents or such may work just as well ;)

Let us know how it turns out, eh ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:03 pm 
Dedicated Member

Yeah will do buddy. I usually do daygame up until Friday and Saturday because of work commitments. Today I spent a few really fun hours with my wing sarging a halls of residence for students in Cambridge, but didn't really think of the accent despite having spend a whole day learning Scottish.

I'm gonna field test it at a party on Friday night. We'll see how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:15 pm 
Dedicated Member

Didn't go out Friday, went to a party at a football ground on Sat. I used the Scottish accent on a variety of sets but none with particularly hot girls. The party only had about 80 people, containing only one set worth sarging; a two-set of sisters, one of which was a tall hot blonde getting hit on left right and centre.

Overall the accent worked very well. That and my hat got me bags of attention which I spun off the whole night, although I had to talk slowly in Scottish and it was a bit weird shouting it. Need more practice but initial field-testing seems like it's worth it. Didn't really use it for NLP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:04 pm 
Dedicated Member

American women particularly love engligh, irish, scotish, and austrialian accents. But I also notice that American men and women also like different American accents (from different regions of the country). I'm not sure if different accents trigger some area of the brain related to pleasure, happiness, excitement etc... but it is certain that some have an effect while others do not. Perhaps it is the way the words sound.

I found an interesting article about accents. It doesn't address this issue precisely but it has some information which might expand your thinking. This quote may provide the most use:

“Some accents stress different properties of speech production. Some make you use a different range, intonation or rhythm. Others make you move your mouth in a different way,” http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life ... 503558.ece

But maybe we are also just drawn to something new and different. A different accent can be foreign to us and when I think "foreign" I think, daring, bold, exotic, and adventurous....all of which can be attractive qualities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I think this relates closely to TDs alpha nomad theory. Also, Vin Dicarlo talks about something similar in his book objection game.

Natural Confidence: natural-confidence-vt34113.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Anyone know why the quotes don't work? ugh... anyways, copy/paste:
Quote:
American women particularly love engligh, irish, scotish, and austrialian accents. But I also notice that American men and women also like different American accents (from different regions of the country). I'm not sure if different accents trigger some area of the brain related to pleasure, happiness, excitement etc... but it is certain that some have an effect while others do not. Perhaps it is the way the words sound.

I found an interesting article about accents. It doesn't address this issue precisely but it has some information which might expand your thinking. This quote may provide the most use:

“Some accents stress different properties of speech production. Some make you use a different range, intonation or rhythm. Others make you move your mouth in a different way,” [link]

But maybe we are also just drawn to something new and different. A different accent can be foreign to us and when I think "foreign" I think, daring, bold, exotic, and adventurous....all of which can be attractive qualities.
I think we anchor celebrities to these accents... So when you hear a Scott, you start to think Sean Connery. When you hear a Brit, you think Hugh Grant, etc... It triggers a more emotional, deep rooted response.

On the other hand, when I hear a woman with a texas accent..... my mind immediately races to "redneck" and it's a total turnoff.