NLP and Dogs

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » NLP & Hypnotic Seduction

Post subject: NLP and Dogs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The other day I was talking with a friend of mine on the street, with my dog, when I said something like 'why don't we go to mine and.. sit ..down for a while?' and guess what, my dog sat down. I was just proving my idea that dogs are very perceptive with NLP language.

Since I learned NLP, I became much better with my dog, I started to understand him better, and he seemed to notice, and with it I started to understand the human mind too. So I decided to experiment with it. Here are my results:

TONALITY AND PACING

It is a well known technique by the dog trainers that dogs pay more attention to the tonality than the words in it.
put it on prove:
One day I called my dog and put it on front of me. I said 'sit' with a really soft voice (not low volume) and as expected he didn't sat. Then I gradually said it in a more imperative voice (same volume), and as expected he sat down almost every time.

ANCHORING

I would say that you can teach your dog almost everything if you know anchoring. In fact, anchoring was discovered while studying dog's digestion.
put it on prove:
I made it before knowing about NLP, just when I got the dog, every time he sat down I said 'sit' and gave him a prize, after a time I could say 'sit' and he just sat. What did I do? Mainly I made an anchor through repetition, and anchored all of this with a good feeling (prize).
Almost everything that you teach to your dog are anchors and are made through repetition, prize is necessary for him to anchor the obedience with a good thing. There could be an entire book about anchoring and animals.

WEASEL PHRASES AND EMBEDDED COMMANDS

There is an example above but it is stupid using this with dogs because you can give them direct commands, and if you have taught him properly he will obey, otherwise embedded commands are not going to help you either. The main problem is that they don't understand words that you have not taught to him, only those that have an anchor, but this has helped me to notice that every word that we know is an anchor. Nouns anchor a word with an object, verbs anchor a word with an action... Human mind have an extraordinary capacity to create anchors, we create many of them very quickly, IT'S INCREDIBLY EASY FOR THE HUMAN BRAIN TO CREATE ANCHORS!!!

I would like to experiment with things like eye accessing cues, but it's difficult. Post here your experiences with pets and NLP. It would be interesting to hear about other pets like cats too.