And you thought looks mattered?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Videos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
I give the guy in the video props for going after girls and being able to get the girls with his disability.

But to say that looks do not matter at all is complete crap. Looks do matter. If you go to a job interview at a huge company and you come in with a t-shirt and jeans, what do you think the likely hood they are going to hire you? First impressions are important and it is very hard to recover from a bad one.

When it comes to picking up girls, most girls size you up within 15 seconds usually less. And guess what, they sized you up base on your looks and nothing else. Why else is the whole peacock thing so important when it comes to picking up girls? Everyone makes judgments base upon how people look. Yes once you start talking to the girl her impressing and/or judgment of you can change, but again going back to the first impression.
This is true, but what people mean is that you don't have to be a supermodel to get a supermodel. You still have to maintain a healthy appearance and keep yourself well groomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:59 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
When it comes to picking up girls, most girls size you up within 15 seconds usually less. And guess what, they sized you up base on your looks and nothing else. Why else is the whole peacock thing so important when it comes to picking up girls? Everyone makes judgments base upon how people look. Yes once you start talking to the girl her impressing and/or judgment of you can change, but again going back to the first impression.
1. Peacocking is too attract attention.. ..not too get people aroused.

2. The whole looks thing is about bone structure etc not grooming and clothes.

3. Women don't sum men up within 15 seconds based solely on appearence, women are deeper then men when it comes to realtionships, men see the world through different eyes we see the world almost purely with asthetics. I've gotten a good number of girls opinions on this, women can feel attracted to a guy/think hes hot but still not want to sleep with him, becuase they don't know much about him. Most of us guys don't care about the girls past honestly if a HB10 walked up to you and said "I want to let you fuck me" you'd say yes. Not so much for women, they are pickeir personality wise than men.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
What do you mean by this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:31 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

AOL: latergator83
Quote:
3. Women don't sum men up within 15 seconds based solely on appearence, women are deeper then men when it comes to realtionships, men see the world through different eyes we see the world almost purely with asthetics. I've gotten a good number of girls opinions on this, women can feel attracted to a guy/think hes hot but still not want to sleep with him, becuase they don't know much about him. Most of us guys don't care about the girls past honestly if a HB10 walked up to you and said "I want to let you fuck me" you'd say yes. Not so much for women, they are pickeir personality wise than men.
Women will size you up within the first 5-15 seconds based entirely on body language and looks. They are no different than men here.

However, whereas your average man will probably never grow attracted to a woman he didn't initially find physically attractive*, your average woman can and will grow to be intimate with a man if he builds the proper amount of emotional attraction and comfort with her.

And to be honest, if this strange and beautiful HB10 walked up to me and said that, she would instantly drop in value for me because she's either really drunk/high/not herself or she's judging me based solely on my looks. Also, you'd wonder how many times she did that that day, nymphomania only sounds sexy on paper. Would I do it? Yeah, but it wouldn't be nearly as fun or satisfying as me saying "ok fine I'll let you fuck me" to her after gaming her. A sense of connection does matter to guys, it's just that biologically we aren't as invested in our acts of promiscuity as women are.

*Unless there's alcohol in play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:04 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Quote:
What do you mean by this?
It's trying too encourage men not too get bogged down by things they can't change, it's not telling people to neglect clothing and washing.

Fair point roads (but do men size women up on body laungauge?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I disagree with loving our bullies thing. If you love bullies in your school, you will just get bullied more, which will lead to being a loser, a complete zeta male. The best defence is attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
I disagree with loving our bullies thing. If you love bullies in your school, you will just get bullied more, which will lead to being a loser, a complete zeta male. The best defence is attack.
Loving your bullies doesn't necesairily make you beta. It matters how you take the bullying.

You're beta if you don't stand up for yourself and you just take it and keep it to yourself. And let the hurt sit inside you.

You're alpha if you stand you're ground and when the bully tries anything you just take it and redirect it. You don't have to attack to stand up to a bully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:37 am 
Mr. Nemo

Quote:
1. Peacocking is too attract attention.. ..not too get people aroused.
But to get the attention you have aroused the girl anyway. Things of beauty, it being a person, painting, car, etc, have an easier time of getting attention than things that are not considered beautiful. Why do you think a girl that is showing a good amount of cleavage can get a lot of guy attention? Everyone knows she is doing it to get attention, but at the same time it is arousing to most guys as it hits on our physical side.
Quote:
Clothing and grooming does play a huge part in the looks department. Because with clothing and grooming you can hide a defect on your body or enhance something on your body. As the sayign goes; "The clothes makes the man".
Quote:
The 15 second thing is a subconscious thing. And I never said anything about this having to do with sex. I am also aware that guys tend to run on the physical side while girls run on the emotional side of things. But that does not mean girls don't want sex as much as us men want it. And as Roads mention, the 15 second thing deals with your body language and looks. Everyone makes judgments about other people all the time and it is usually done within 15 seconds, hence the reason why those 15 seconds are so important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:16 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
You're alpha if you stand you're ground and when the bully tries anything you just take it and redirect it. You don't have to attack to stand up to a bully.
Well...actually you have. If he is phsycally bullying you that smooth talk will only make you nerdier and more bullied. Believe me - I am talking from practice. There are times when you just need to use raw force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:35 am 
PUA Forum Leader

In responce to jurapa.

1. Peacocking gets attention, how can you find a purple fury vest "arroussing"? Peacocking is outlandish not sexual. The girl gets attention not because she has dressed outlandish (which she hasn't so your example bears no ground in the context of peacocking) she gets attention becuase it's a "sexy" look. Unfortunatly its very difficult for men to do the same, for instance we can't just lower our trousers so the top half of our cock is hanging out.

2. You just made a statement that is basically a rewording of what I just said. :)

3. Agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:00 am 
Mr. Nemo

Quote:
1. Peacocking gets attention, how can you find a purple fury vest "arroussing"? Peacocking is outlandish not sexual. The girl gets attention not because she has dressed outlandish (which she hasn't so your example bears no ground in the context of peacocking) she gets attention becuase it's a "sexy" look. Unfortunatly its very difficult for men to do the same, for instance we can't just lower our trousers so the top half of our cock is hanging out.
The goal of peacocking is to get attention, but in getting the attention you want(ed), you are also arousing the girl as well as it is a secondary effect. Arousing doesn't always have to do with sex. It more has to do with your emotions when you see something that has gotten your attention for some reason. The boob example was to show this, as most guys will get aroused in a sexual way from seeing the cleavage. But when the same guys see a Lamborghini they get a different type of arousal from it.

Not to get technical, but you may want to read this as it explains the arousal thing in a more scientific way;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arousal

Quote:
2. You just made a statement that is basically a rewording of what I just said. :)
If it was all about the bone structure then why do we wear clothes and groom our selves then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am 
PUA Forum Leader

1. Primary function of peacock, get noticed. /story

2. If you read back in the thread you'd have abetter idea of what I am saying.

The phrase "looks don't matter", is reffering to bone structure, not whether your groomed, grooming and looking good is an integral part too PU, but bad bone structure cannot be sorted without major surgical SPAM.. ..thus the phrase "looks don't matter" was born in order to get men to stop worrying about not being handsome enough.
"Looks" in that context refer to natural born appearence, not "looks" in general which can be altered to an extent through clothing/grooming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

sean stephoson is a true inspiration, here I spent my whole life, thinking there was something wrong with me, that I was diffrent from other people and that my lif sucked becouse I couldnt get girls, Sean has acomplished so much in spite of everything thats wrong with him,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:25 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:48 am 
PUA Forum Leader