New to LA

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » Introduce Yourself

Post subject: New to LA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:39 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi everyone I'm Xander K. I moved to LA a number of years ago but just recently ended a long relationship I started before moving here. I'm just started to date again but I've never experienced a dating culture like the one here in LA and could really use a little insite and advice. I look forward to hearing from anyone who has good advice. Thx.

Post subject: Re: New to LA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:13 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Hi everyone I'm Xander K. I moved to LA a number of years ago but just recently ended a long relationship I started before moving here. I'm just started to date again but I've never experienced a dating culture like the one here in LA and could really use a little insite and advice. I look forward to hearing from anyone who has good advice. Thx.
This is a broad question. I've grown up in and around LA, lived in a lot of different states, and women are basically the same. Get more specific and maybe I can give you some insight.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks for your reply JackZero... I have so many questions... Not sure where to start... I guess one thing I've been curious about is why every girl I talk to in LA asks me exactly the same questions within the first two minutes of convo... and what there motivations are behind the questions... The questions are always." What part of town you live in? What you do for a living? How old are you?" I'm from the bay area originally and most girls there are more interested in talking about them selves I've noticed. I'm just not used to the inquisition i guess and not sure if there are wrong answers. Also, is this just standard small talk here, or should I take the fact that they want to know personal stuff about me as a sign that they are interested?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:01 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Thanks for your reply Jackzero... I have so many questions... Not sure where to start... I guess one thing I've been curious about is why every girl I talk to in LA asks me exactly the same questions within the first two minutes of convo... and what there motivations are behind the questions... The questions are always." What part of town you live in? What you do for a living? How old are you?" I'm from the bay area originally and most girls there are more interested in talking about them selves I've noticed. I'm just not used to the inquisition and not sure if there are wrong answers.
A lot of times L.A. doesn't necessarily mean the city itself. It's the surrounding areas from as far north as Valencia to as far south as Long Beach...so that's a lot of mileage to cover and on any given day, it can mean hours of travel to go out with someone. Also, when you narrow it down to the part of L.A. that you live in, it can give an idea of your status. What you do for a living is also a status question an you'll get that in almost any larger city when trying to gauge your status. Asking your age can be for a lot of reasons...but it's best just to answer that and keep pushing forward.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Okay... That makes sense... Thanks JackZero... So for a follow up question... Is this considered standard small talk for a big city, or should I take the fact that she wants to know these things about me as a sign that she is interested in me?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:42 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Okay... That makes sense... Thanks JackZero... So for a follow up question... Is this considered standard small talk for a big city, or should I take the fact that she wants to know these things about me as a sign that she is interested in me?
I would always consider it as a sign of interest.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:48 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Okay, thats encouraging... Thanks for your in site JackZero... it is appreciated

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:43 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Welcome to the forum.

Here are couple of guides to help you get started:

HOW TO APPROACH WOMEN VAULT

post988800.html#p988800

GUIDE FOR GUYS JUST STARTING OUT

general-questions/guide-for-guys-just-s ... 99768.html

GUIDE TO OVERCOMING THE FEAR OF YOUR FIRST APPROACH

approaching-and-opening/complete-and-ul ... 99834.html

If you need some personal help, I'm also doing some free coaching.

approaching-and-opening/free-coaching-f ... 02514.html

Wish you best,

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure