Alright, so I'm in grad school and was busy as hell for about two years. During that time, I was so busy I didn't go out much. So to date, I resorted to a dating website. When I first began, I had no idea what I was doing and had a really tough time getting a number. Now I'm not a bad looking guy, so I didn't really understand this. I had no idea what a PUA was, this forum was, or that there was any sort of "method" that could be used. Through trial and error, though, I cracked the game. I can use canned material to number close pretty easily. Currently, I have more time on my hands so and can get back out into the field, so I figure I'd help the newbies here out and give away my secrets. All of this theory is totally original and my own, and it has gotten me laid a bunch of times. This post will be devoted to basic online rules and setting up a profile.
Setting up Your Profile:
1) Put at least three pictures up...your best looking pictures, obviously. One should be a face closeup, and another should have something that shows your whole body. If you aren't in great shape, find a full-body pic that still looks pretty good. The last thing you want to do is put in a lot of work, number close, meet the girl, and then have her give you a look like she was misled. Also, put pics up that DHV. Mine consist of me posing with foreign children as I gave them medical help on a trip I was on. This works very well.
2) Your profile needs to DHV, be witty, and be totally, completely, outlandishly, unique. I'm a pretty good writer and a witty guy, so this part isn't really a problem for me. However, I know that some guys aren't the best at this, but you need to somehow formulate a good profile. Get help from an English teacher if you have to. Also, use good grammar. It will make you sound more together. Nobody is turned off by good grammar, but some ladies are turned off by bad grammar. If you TRULY need help writing a profile, I can give you suggestions one-on-one. I've done it before with my friends.
3) Understand what TYPE of girl you are after, and tailor your profile to that personality type. I like smart girls, so my profile shows how intelligent I am and that retards need not apply. Here's an excerpt from it:
"I hope to eventually find someone who cares about sports, politics, the perfect ice cream flavor, current events, philosophy, old episodes of Saved by the Bell, religion, music, literature, the unintentional comedy of Keanu Reeves....get what I'm saying? "
4) Throw in as many conversation pieces as you can. Pop culture works well. In the above excerpt, I mentioned Saved by the Bell and Keanu Reeves. I've got a TON of e-mails from girls saying how they love/hate these things and what their opinions are on them.
5) Do not describe your personality. DEMONSTRATE it. You think you are funny? Be funny, don't say you are a funny guy. You think you are smart? Be smart, don't say you are a smart guy. Girls HATE guys who just list qualities that they aren't backing up in their profiles or in e-mails. Basically, don't tell her who you are, reveal it to her.
This should get you started. My next post will describe who to sarge. A hot girl online is not necessary a hot girl in real life. You need to be on the alert. Rock it out, gentleman.