Post subject: Train station openers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I always commute to and from work and was just wondering if you guys could recommend me a few good openers for starting a topic with set(s) at the train station.
Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:07 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

You must be careful with pick-up in confined areas where a person has to wait or be stuck in.
Some PUA's won't pick up girls if they're both in the same line for a club or something. It makes the target feel trapped.
You can try direct-game as outlined and demonstrated by the artist of www.masterofpickup.com. He's got a theory for attracting a one, or two set during the day. I would recommend checking that out.
Good luck

JONAS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:25 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks for the heads up on train station waits. I'll reserve those until I'm better in my game.

Apart from train station waits what about openers for situations where I had alighted in the same station as the target. The thought just came to me when I noticed 2 single sets that really caught my attention this morning :)

I'm also thinking of trying to open sets inside the train (in situations where both I and the target are sitting down as well as when I and the target are standing up). I've done some situational openers but I find that the transitions were really awkward both for me and the target. I always end up 'rescuing' myself by getting into a good conversation with her and then shake her hand when either of us need to alight from the train without # close (and I was banking on # closes!).

I've never done direct openers inside the train (unless and until absolutely necessary but that hasn't happened yet!) cause passengers on the train in my country tend to home in on loud or interesting conversations even if it has nothing to do with them which will inevitably creep me and the target out! Oh, and some end up as 3G vids!

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:12 pm 
I've been thinkin about this a bit lately as well. Same exact situation here. This was useful to read though because I wondered why I couldn't put my finger on what feels off about approaching a girl waiting for the train. It's the captive audience aspect, I think.

I think if you're getting off the train and see a chick who may have thought you noticed her while on the train, that's when you should go for it. My inner game was mad wack this a.m. and I squandered an approach in one such scenario.

The other thing that's tough at least about my commute is all the hotties are ultra-closed off to interaction, often simultaneously reading and blasting the ipod...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

with trains, i think time and context depends on the result a lot.
if i was a lady on the way to work in the morning after a late night, i wouldnt want anyone chatting me up, either if it was sweet nothingness.
lol - iv never been a fan of chatting to people on trains or buses, ladies dont enjoy personal space being invaded, they may see it as bein a bit weird with no prior exchanges,..

that jus my opinion but iv never felt confident in that scenario. id need a wingman lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:06 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Walk up to her 'Hey, whens the next train?'

'umm 5 mins I think'

'uurghhhh THATS FREAKIN' AGES! How long have you been here!?'

'about 15 mins?'

'woah.. It shows..'

She'll probably laugh, you can pay her out for having wrinkles, point out her imagninary crows feet etc. (please don't try this on older women)

After this, she should open up and you can basically fluff talk, whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:35 pm 
Married Moderator

Comment on her clothes and start talking about her fashion, it is easy, casual and a topic women like!

10 things I wish someone taught me about Pick Up 10-things-i-wish-someone-taught-me-vt53087.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:19 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I have a theory about picking up girls on public transport. If an HB comes and sits next to you or waits next to you on the platform you have about 3 seconds to open any longer than that they will feel intimidated. I don't think you have to be too creative in this situation, some of the ones I've used have been.

-Argh.. don't you just hate monday mornings? (or whatever day of the week)

-Hmm... I should've brought a sleeping bag, looks like we'll be here awhile.

-Hey sorry to bother you, ive heard alot about that book is it any good?

-Sorry I'm taking up half the seat! Do you have enough space?

-You know the last person that sat down next to me on a train used me as a pillow for half the trip! your not feeling sleepy are you?