PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
well mystery lived in canada his whole life so he should have a canadian accent
or at least remains of it but he has none, he has an american accent hows that?
I am Canadian and American. I was born in Canada and lived in America for 8 years.

I have never really heard a Canadian accent. I watched Mike Myers (Toronto native) on Conan OBrien once start spouting some so-called Canadian accent but I dont think that is how Canadians sound. Canadians are actually hired often as news reporters, call centre agents and actors becuase they are considered "accent-less" or they sound what the industry calls "nuetral".

That being said parts of Canada have a British-sounding or Quebecouise-accent

But the whole "Sarah-Palin" accent, I have heard rarely on a Canadian. I dont know why Americans say this.

Toronto especially is filled with immigrants. Most decipherable accents are European or foriegn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:37 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

not ALL Canadians sound like that. I have friends from Toronto who sound like they grew up in the US even though they've only been here a few years.

If my post made me appear homosexual, I want you all to know that prior to sitting down at my computer I slammed 15 shots of whiskey, went balls-deep into my woman, and recited Clint Eastwood lines for 20 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

haha this thread made me chuckle a bit

The only place in Canada that has a stereotypical accent is the eastern side like PEI, Nova scotia, etc.

Nunavut has their own accent. Western side sounds like american english. (BC where im from, alberta, sask)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Actually Mystery does have an accent. Just listen to when he says 'about'. No joke! I first heard it on Style's Annihilation Method DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:17 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Actually Mystery does have an accent. Just listen to when he says 'about'. No joke! I first heard it on Style's Annihilation Method DVD.
Knowing Mystery, I would think he would exaggerate the "Aboot" in America so it is more of a conversation starter