Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 am 
PUA Forum Leader

This is important, does your friend wear a monocle? Because that would be awesome. Capers are fun. Making up elaborate, over the top stories are fun. It would take a certain, not boring type of girl to play along and not just blow him out, though.

I remember I went to an ICP concert (look, I was fucking young, okay!) and me and my friends were blasted with soda, my pants and shoelaces were destroyed and we went downtown and when people asked what the hell happened to us, we told them we went out to the desert and found an old deserted can refinery, got into a scuffle with some squatters and ended up falling into a vat of decade old soda in the process. We survived, they weren't so lucky. I dunno, I think it's key that you entertain yourself, fuck other people. But you still gotta mix it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:38 am 
New to MPUA Forum

IC-fuckin' P in the haughhhhh ;) no shame in that!

Yeah that caper line pissed me off endlessly, the baby in a corner line was worse, hearing that coupled with the sight of that damn cowboy hat made Brokeback Mountain look masculine... :shock:

I remember one chick goes to Matt 'uh...I like capers on my pizza' lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:43 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

hahaha god this line was absolutely pathetic.

it just gives me more confidence when opening.i mean if that douche can get away with such a pathetic pickup line i should be able to open with something relatively more normal.i mean most of the women are probably thinking 'WTF is a caper' everytime he enters set.hahaha ass..... but yeah its just another evident point the opener is only 1% of the full set

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:14 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
I absolutley HATED that opener. I know what a caper is, but seriously, who uses that word?

Plus, that whole thing is a lie, and that's one thing I have a hard time doing, using a blatant lie as an opener.

Other openers I couldn't stand are the "spells" opener, and the "do you think david bowie/mick jagger is hot" opener. I doubt most girls you meet at clubs even know who those guys are.
Im pretty sure anyone who has the slightest clue about pop culture in the last 40 years knows who david bowie and mick jagger are...and the opener does work btw...

However, the caper one sounds stupid but im sure if any legit PUA could pull it off
I think Lady Ga Ga points to Bowie as a major influence in almost every interview she does (not that I really read her interviews LOL). So most chicks who have some college and that are not completely stupid club girls will have some awareness...

As for girls not knowing pop culture/music icons, I've actually made that work to my advantage. I'm a Van Halen fan, so I actually have field tested a variation using David Lee Roth that actually seems to work BETTER if they don't know who he is...

And "caper" is what my old English professor would call a "dead word" that really is no longer used in the lexicon. But although it sucks, I could see the opener working when delivered with a good vibe because on some level just talking to a women is more important than what you're saying initially...

Post subject: Europe
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

The Caper opener is incomprehensible in Europe. The "Nobody puts...opener is not bad, but outdated....

I was surprised by Mystery advising the Elvis hair die story...there are no chicks I know would even listen to a story about what Elvis did 60 yrs ago...