Post subject: is this a good thing?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:39 am 
Is publicizing the underground society of PUAs a good idea? ....girls will find out about PUAs again?! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

they show martial arts programs on TV and cooking shows and not everyone become pro ninjas or chefs.... if it takes time and hard practice many people just wont do it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:50 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The way I see it is this: as more and more people become aware of the community and it's practices, more and more AFCs will pick up on the material and sarge with them.

Sooner or later, girls will realise that these routines are being repeated by one guy after another. Just like in The Game, Style comments that in one club he's seeing a club full of mini-Styles. Everyone would be peacocking in the same way.

The girls will eventually see through it, then it's up to the PUAs to raise their game and improve, thus tipping the balance back in their favour.

I watched every episode of the first season and tried to learn as much as I can from the episodes (just short of putting them into practice yet). One thing I am sure I don't intend to repeat on the field are the lines like 'Your nose wiggles when you laugh' etc, because I realise sooner or later everyone will be using them.

Remember that at the end of the day, the true PUA does what everyone else does not.

Cheers[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:57 pm 
Dedicated Member

The most famous and most used canned material will be overused and us, who have developed ourselves to be PUA naturals, will rule this planet :lol:!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:23 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Canned material will get old and die, it's like radioactive isotopes when they pass their half-life. And the AFC's will eventually give up unless they're REALLY dedicated to becoming real-life Casanovas.

Of course those of us that actually practice spontaneous game will keep inventing our own material so most of those canned lines from Mystery will be useless anyway. I do a lot of mall sarging, which Mystery doesn't really cover, so all of my "canned routines" are my own, not borrowed from any "gurus".

I read in "The Game" that Mystery and Style and their students had sarged this one bar in hollywood so much that all the girls there were familiar with all the canned lines! The fact is that even guys like Mystery NEVER give out their best (most current) material for free. Then when they've field tested the LIVING HELL out of it, they might publish it or put it on TV. But by then they've already invented MUCH better material for themselves and moved on. So no matter how many TV shows they make about the Seduction community, it will NEVER be "exposed" because real PUAs have nothing to hide in the first place. Women can tell a REAL mack from an AFC who constantly hides behind canned lines. The game will ALWAYS survive, as it has for centuries.

Mystery's canned routines are only for beginners, to get them started talking to girls and boost their confidence. At some point you have to improvise on the spot. Once you understand the mental frames and sub-communication behind the canned routines (and their CONTEXT), you can make your own routines... and they'll work much smoother for your situation than ANY of Mystery's stuff.

By now I don't rely on canned material, I use a heavily frame-oriented approach a la Swinggcat and Mehow, I'm also studying Vin DiCarlo's "natural" method. Canned material is now just one of many tools in my arsenal, and it's one that I rarely find myself having to bust out. I still get some good canned routines from internet forums (including this one), but I try to use the newest ones possible, and I have HEAVILY modified them to fit my situation. Plus, not all of them are usable anyway (due to the large amount of AFCs-in-denial who try to pose as PUAs and post LAME routines alongside the good ones - there is unfortunately a lot of crap to sift through).

Last edited by HotIce on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:03 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I think the guy above nailed it, the people that can improvise will survive and mystery clones will be wiped out. I also agree that canned openers are a good way to gain confidence on approaches but I think everyone grows out of them at some point and for that reason the game will always be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:15 pm 
Dedicated Member

The most used and most best ESP routines will die though.

This means The Cube and guess number between 1-10.

Time to start making some new ESPs :lol:!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:04 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
The most used and most best ESP routines will die though.

This means The Cube and guess number between 1-10.

Time to start making some new ESPs :lol:!
Hah good point. Though I've used the cube on girls, and every girl I have sarged has NEVER heard of the cube before, it's not as widespread as it looks. I think it still has a few good years left (or at least some variant of it does). Animal routine will always be a fun favorite of mine too, it doesn't even come across as a pickup routine.

As for guessing numbers 1-10, that thing was dead before Patrick Dempsey reached puberty. :P I don't even bother with it.

ESP's are useful sometimes, but I never rely on them and in fact sometimes they GET IN THE WAY of an otherwise smooth seduction. They are better as fun games in attraction or early comfort.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:39 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Is publicizing the underground society of PUAs a good idea? ....girls will find out about PUAs again?! :shock:
It is good in my opinion, as it will also bring it to the attention of more guys. I discovered this, as you put it "underground society" from watching the first season of The PUA, I quite literally cannot remember what I was like 3 months ago before I knew about this stuff and if another season can get more guys into the game then that is great news in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:18 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

What were they thinjking to put that show out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

There are so many ways to seduce.
There are always those push/pull principals, being a leader..ect

All that really matters is that you're able to learn & adapt new stratagies into your game. Be the man with no limits and you will come out on top.

Just as you can learn to subconsiously DHV yourself in a conversation, I subconciously cold read people and their emotions. Don't stick to the cube forever if you don't want to.

As for women knowing about the game, I have personally taught most of what I know about the pick-up arts to my girlfriend already and it hasn't caused any worldwide disturbance as of yet. I think this whole new "woman's version of the game" by style is just going to help us bros kick it up a notch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:01 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: flaminsharingan
The way I see it- it doesnt matter. Of course maybe a good percent of the girls you encounter might know if you used canned material but thats your fought. Theres so many girls in the world that wont even find out about game. My first LF was probally less than 3 months ago and I was Puaing her like crazy yet she never found out. Plus their gonna feel stupid if they call you out on it like their is so many naturals out there. What Im doing and learning right now is what my cousin does naturally- he doesnt show interest first, uses push and pull etc. he still might pull more girls than me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:06 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Its just how you define a PUA. Because I think that I speak for the majority of PUA´s when I say that the end goal is to become an natural. And girls will never have a problem with that because they where always searching for someone like that. And maby girls dont know about PUA now but they know that there are boys who are real and boys who are players. And when you stay close by yourself you are real! This doesn´t mean that you need to stay AFC because people can change but still be real.

So my conclusion is this show will change nothing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:44 pm 
Dedicated Member

pamayias, being a player has absolutely nothing to do with not being real. They are two different concepts.

Being a player = A guy who gambles almost way too many girls (Casanova).
Being real = Someone who haves his own canned material and haves no need to imitate others.

Ever heard the definition "A real player" ;)? Its a player whos real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:48 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Seriously, does any self respecting 'pua' stick to canned materials?
Personally canned materials work 66% of the time, i've seen so many AFC's think that canned material is some magical key that will unlock the magical door to a girls underwear :twisted:

Nope, it isn't...half of pick up artistry is intonation and BL (Body language).

Everyone has their own approach to it, i personally dropped canned approaches couple of weeks after i started out, it was hard at first but i found out that what i needed to do was take it on the chin and blood myself into real situations. canned material is too rigid and if you rely on it 100% you will be found out embarrassingly.

Being a natural isn't as hard as it might look or whatever, ofcourse it might be harder for some but at the end of the day handling the key is always that one thing which noone thinks works, and it's RELAXING, LOOKING RELAXED and generally convincing yourself that you DO not care about any outcomes.

Trust me, infact incorporate having a bored look on yourface when speaking to girls, consciously, let yourself be the embodiment of boredom and at specificly important times say the right things and run the right game and watch results soar.

Works for me :wink: