Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:51 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

The greatest irony of love;loving the right person at the wrong time,having the wrong person when the time is right and finding out you love someone right after that person walks out of your life...And sometimes, you think you're already over a person, but when you see them smile at you,you'll suddenly realize that you're just pretending to be over them just to ease the pain of knowing that,they will never be yours again...for some, they think that letting go is one way of expressing how much they love that person...in my opinion, some are afraid to see the one they love being held by someone else...most relationships tend to fail not because the absence of love. love is always present.it's just that one was being loved too much and the other was being loved too little...as we all know that the heart is the center of the body but it beats on the left. maybe that's the reason why the heart is not always right...most often we fall in love with the person we think we love but to only discover that for them we are just for passing time. while the one who truly loves us remains either a friend or a stranger.so here's a piece of advice;let go when you're hurting too much, give up when love isn't enough, and move on when things are not like before...For sure there is someone out there who will love you even more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

I can feel with this. I am pretty much getting over my first real heartbreak that wasn't in junior high. (It's complicated, I'll save the details)

There are many beautiful, deep, poetic thoughts about getting over something like this, yet, what really heals such wounds is the mixture of time, stuff to do, and vodka.

It's kinda ridiculous in a way, but an episode of How I Met Your Mother touched me.
Season 2, episode 1.

Marshall, one of the main characters, gets dumped for various reasons by Lily, lifelong partner and fiancé.
The episode follows through a little more than two months about how he tries to get over it with the help of his friends, day by day. They take him to baseball matches, strip clubs, shooting, yet he is still miserable. Days go by and nothing changes, then one Saturday Marshall is cooking pancakes just like he did before and this is the milestone when he's over it. And the narrator's voice (Ted, another character) says that "Nothing helped him, no baseball, no strippers, no shooting, because the only thing that heals these wounds...is time."

It was a refreshingly honest episode about how post-breakup heartache goes, I suggest watching it for everyone going through this kinda thing.

This is my addition to the topic... anyone else? Let's pile it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:03 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I'm in the same situation as you, Beetle: getting over my first heartbreak since high school. I thought she was "the one", and I overlooked all of her flaws (some of which were vastly against my morals). When we broke up, I was still blinded by love. How would I ever find someone else that could compare to her? But slowly, day by day after we broke up, I realized all of these little flaws would have later culminated into an absolute nightmare for me. It was never meant to be and she is anything but an ideal partner.

I think this is what we all slowly realize after a breakup. Very few couples break up when things are perfect. Even if you think it's perfect, I'm sorry, but it's not. But no matter how much any of us tries to express these feelings and ideals, everything is linked back to the post above: the only thing that heals heartache is time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:31 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Loving a woman is such a desease but u cant help it .. it just happens.They pretend to want a man who loves them who please them who stays with them who calls them treat them good say no bad things do no bad things and s.o. AND we as the MAN are able afcourse to give this to them and when we give it to them they some kinda loose attraction they start to need something else F*CK these BI*CHES they need something that they dont want.Im myself am tired of pleasing woman of suiting them of giving from myself to them.Woman are very ugly from inside they are ALL ABSOLUTELY ALL BITC*ES FROM INSIDE. I realysed the truth from the hard way that u need to think FIRST for you and THEN for them and not give them everything they want NEVER cause they just take what they need from u and then u become useless and they start they'r bitchy games on yo. My oppinion.Woman are just for sex and continuing the population now days they even cant cook and wash nd so on for god sake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:25 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

The line that stood out for me was...

let go when you're hurting too much, give up when love isn't enough, and move on when things are not like before...

the reason i can relate is because my ex tooled me and turned me into her bitch. We split up i was horrible and she was fine...now i'm fine and she's begging for me to get back with her. Like its becoming obsessive but i feel nothing for her. I feel bad i want to love her but i cant anymore.....Move on when things are not like before

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

griff_199 is pretty right in his words

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Sometimes it isn't the thought of not being with her, but the thought of other people being with her. There's something morally and emotionally degrading about it.

Let's get smashed and fuck all night!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:52 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I was having some issues get over a girl but reading this post made me feel better for some reason. I agree its not that she will not be with me but the thought that she is maybe kissing somebody else that bothers the hell out of me. I have tried letting go but its very hard...thanks for the post though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:14 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
my ex tooled me and turned me into her bitch
I understand the sentiment you are trying to express here, griff, but this is not a healthy way to view things.

For those of you who agree that this is "women," do you really have that little control over who you are?

YOU make yourself, YOU break yourself, YOU turn yourself, and YOU improve yourself. This is the lesson I see in "moving on" from a lost love.

Happy hunting, gents :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:25 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Man... I'm going through the worst time of my life right now. Found the first girl I've ever had true feelings for and my senses went out the window. AFCed the crap out of the relationship and am having trouble letting go. Thanks for this. Helps a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:22 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Going to bump this to try and get more people reading it...hopefully it will help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

We as the MAN are able afcourse to give this to them and when we give it to them they some kinda loose attraction they start to need something else F*CK these BI*CHES they need something that they dont want.Im myself am tired of pleasing woman of suiting them of giving from myself to them.Woman are very ugly from inside they are ALL ABSOLUTELY ALL BITC*ES FROM INSIDE..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:15 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
We as the MAN are able afcourse to give this to them and when we give it to them they some kinda loose attraction they start to need something else F*CK these BI*CHES they need something that they dont want.Im myself am tired of pleasing woman of suiting them of giving from myself to them.Woman are very ugly from inside they are ALL ABSOLUTELY ALL BITC*ES FROM INSIDE..
what? are you making a point? venting? or just showing the public how heart broken you are? because really all you are accomplishing is showing how much of an afc you are.
Quote:
The greatest irony of love;loving the right person at the wrong time,having the wrong person when the time is right and finding out you love someone right after that person walks out of your life...And sometimes, you think you're already over a person, but when you see them smile at you,you'll suddenly realize that you're just pretending to be over them just to ease the pain of knowing that,they will never be yours again...for some, they think that letting go is one way of expressing how much they love that person...in my opinion, some are afraid to see the one they love being held by someone else...most relationships tend to fail not because the absence of love. love is always present.it's just that one was being loved too much and the other was being loved too little...as we all know that the heart is the center of the body but it beats on the left. maybe that's the reason why the heart is not always right...most often we fall in love with the person we think we love but to only discover that for them we are just for passing time. while the one who truly loves us remains either a friend or a stranger.so here's a piece of advice;let go when you're hurting too much, give up when love isn't enough, and move on when things are not like before...For sure there is someone out there who will love you even more
something about this made me think of dr. suess.